A Great base camp for the Cabot Trail, golf enthusiasts, whale watchers and more
What makes this House unique
* Home is new, modern design, and packed full of amenities * Ocean front setting allows guest to enjoy stunning views of Cape Breton's coastline * Location provides easy access to the Cabot Trail, the Skyline Trail, Le Portage Golf Course, Cabot Cliffs Golf Course and all the attractions of Cheticamp.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Children must be 10+ due to ocean /embankment
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:5 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
Guests wishing to cook lobster, crab or other fish should do so outside otherwise a $500 odour removal fee will be applied
Guests must close all windows when leaving the property during the day as the weather can change unpredictably and result in wind or rain damage
Guests must store away outside furniture when leaving the property during the day as the weather can change unpredictably
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Came just as advertised. Clean, modern, right on the ocean, close to gas, shopping, restaurants and Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Would stay again no problem.
Beautiful Property / Excellent Location / Attentive Hosts
The property was exactly as described and PERFECT for a two couple getaway. The location is very close to Cheticamp but secluded enough to only hear the ocean in the evening. The home furnishings, decorations, and everything were brand new. The bed and beddings very comfortable. The hosts had provided much information on the property as well as the local area and checked in occasionally to ensure we didnt have any needs. We were thankful that our selection of this property exceeded our expectations and could not recommend it any higher. Thank-you again to our hosts.
Very modern with beautiful view
The place is brand new and well done. The ocean breezes were wonderful and the view from the deck with our glass if wine was so relaxing after hiking the trails along the Cabot Trail. The Skyline Trail is a must do. We saw a giant bull moose sleeping in the shade by the trail on our way back.
There are plenty of resturaunts in the area.
Michael was a great host.
Modern home in Chetticamp
We had a great stay in Michael’s home. Clean, modern and very comfortable for our family of 4. The views are beautiful!
Gorgeous, comfortable, family-friendly cottage by the sea
This cottage is stellar! It is absolutely spotless and gorgeously decorated. The beds are super comfortable and the place very comfortably accommodated our family of 5. The kitchen is extremely well equipped and the entire home is bright and airy and sunlit. The property is private and the views can’t be beat. I’d rent this cottage again in a heartbeat. The owner was a dream to connect with. He was very attentive, accommodating and helpful. It is obvious that a great deal of thought and planning and hard work was put into the building of this vacation home. We have rented a ton of holiday homes through VRBO and this cottage is our absolute favourite! If only they could all be this pretty and clean and well cared for. Fantastic rental!
Wonderful vacation home
Vacation home is set up great for two couples each with own bedroom and bathroom. Home is bright, airy and equipped with the amenities and more. Highly recommend to stay here if you get a chance.
A Few Things to Do in the Area:
1. Hike the famoous Skyline Trail in Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Enjoy dramatic headland cliffs overlooking the rugged coast from the end of this level trail. You can enjoy an eagle's view of the Cabot Trail as it winds its way down the mountain.
2. Enjoy whale watching and coastal tours offered by Seaside Whale and Nature Cruises. Watch for whales in the Gulf of St. Lawrence from the viewing decks. Moose, bald eagles, bears and numerous boreal birds live here.
3. Enjoy live Celtic and Fiddle music at the Doryman Pub and Grill and Le Gabriel restaurants (just 10 min away).
4. Le Portage 18-Hole Golf Course. Tee off beneath the Cape Breton Highlands.
5. Museum/Gallery/Cultural Center -- At Les Trois Pignons heritage center you can dive into Acadian culture and the history of Chéticamp, view an impressive collection of tapestries, rugs and antiques, and plug into their genealogy resource centre.
6. Hike to the swimming hole at the Cheticamp Gypsum quarry. This is a short hike on an established trail/ ATV track that leads you to a beautiful, secret swimming spot near Cheticamp.
7. Swimming at Cheticamp Island Beach. Drive down Cheticamp island road and stop and park at sand dunes.