3 bedrooms/3.5 baths, sleeps 7 or up to 12 with additional guest ho
- english, german, spanish, portuguese, italian
About Will Robinson
I'm one of the family owners, including my 4 cousins
Will Robinson purchased this House in 1920
Why Will Robinson chose Boyce
in the family since 1920
What makes this House unique
the view as well the uniqueness and history of the general area
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
max number 20, otherwise talk to owner
with pet fee and pet contract
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
We had an amazing time exploring play garden and taking in the breathtaking scenery.
The rental process was seamless and we would definitely rent again!!!
thanks Amy...glad you enjoyed and hope you'll come back!
beautiful setting! very relaxing - house was well appointed and we had everything we needed -
We rented this beautiful home as "wedding central" and could not have been happier.
The location was amazing, the views were fabulous and the home...well it speaks for itself, simply outstanding.
I was also impressed with the supplies and kitchen items available. We have rented many homes over the years and this is by far the best!
Thank you also to Ricky (property care taker) for taking care of our dog during the wedding.
Will, you have a lovely home. Thank you for sharing
The Rollo family
The property is amazing, matches the pictures exactly and you really feel the history of the place.
We greatly appreciate you allowing us to stay at Play Garden. Even though it rained our entire stay, it's such a wonderful place that it was the perfect getaway for us anyway. So relaxing and peaceful! The pool even stayed warm despite the rain so I swam every day. That back patio is amazing, and we had numerous pleasant walks in the yard and bike rides nearby. And the surrounding area has so many great restaurants and attractions.
Special thanks to the caretaker Rickey as well. We didn't have a lot of questions for him this weekend, but when we heard a tree fall on the road in front of the house he called us within a couple minutes to check and make sure we were ok.
Thanks again, we hope that you'll have us again sometime in the future
End of summer wedding and family gathering...
The weather was mostly perfect, the wedding was soggy, but so much more memorable because we found the Play Garden. We
were able to spend time with family and friends, on the veranda facing the Shenandoah, in the pool, cooking meals in the wonderfully stocked kitchen, or just together watching sunsets in this serene location. We would definitely love to stay another time for no reason whatsoever or a thing to do.
The house was comfortable and wonderfully furnished. The kitchen was large enough for a gathering and stocked well. The two full baths were large, fresh and fully stocked, the two half baths were located conveniently. The beds were very comfortable and linens and such of very nice quality. We also rented the guesthouse which was larger than anticipated and fully met our needs.
The only thing and I mean the only thing I found fault with was the main entrance storm door appeared to be sprung and was difficult to keep closed.
We had a wonderful stay, and want to thank our host for the little things that make a difference.
Thank you ever so much,
Linda, you are so kind and very glad you enjoyed your stay! And also thank you for pointing out the storm door issue which I will have looked at right away.. I always want to hear about things that are either in need of attention or can be improved upon so appreciate you letting me know .. and come back anytime! Best , Will
It was the most incredible vacations one could only dream about., The house and property brought you back in time. Sitting on the front porch you could see the mountains and the river. The house was very comfortable,and furnished very tastefully. Thank you for letting us stay at the playgarden we will always cherish our time we spent there. And look forward to our next vacation at the Playgarden.
We are located 1 hour west of D.C. , 20 minutes west of Middleburg, and 20 minutes east of Winchester.
In the area you will be able to see and do the following (we have a detailed list to send you upon booking):
- Lots of wineries, breweries, distilleries
- Shenandoah River
- Sky Meadow Park
- Salamander Resort and Spa
- Watermelon Park for canoeing , tubing, fishing (though we have 8 kayaks and our caretaker can assist with logistics)
- Burwell-Morgan Mill, the restored most original operating Mill in the country, circa 1792
- Shenandoah National Park
- Blandy Experimental Farm and State Arboretum of Va.
- Skyline Caverns
- Harper's Ferry
- The Long Branch Historic House and Farm
- Red Fox Inn (oldest continuous Inn in the U.S.)
- Berryville Monastery (opened to public)
- Bear's Den Trail, Raven Rocks Trail and Hollow Brook Trail
- Millwood village, Locke Store
- Red Schoolhouse Antiques along with many antique shops within 20 minutes
- Clarke County Farmer's Market, May-Oct
- Mount Airy Farmer's Market, year around
- Shenandoah Seasonal Farm Stand, May -Oct
- Horse Trail riding , ask for details
- Wilson's Animal Park (great for kids)
- Barns of Rose Hill (great venue for music)
- Blue Ridge Hot Air Balloons
- Dinosaur Land (great for kids)
- Civil War Battlefield tours
- Revolutionary War sites
- Upperville Horse Show (oldest in the country)
- Golf , ask for details
Restaurants in the area:
- Ashby Inn and Restaurant, Paris, Va
- Hunter's Head Tavern, Upperville, Va
- The Berryville Grille, Berryville, Va
- Red Fox Inn, Berryville, Va
- L' Auberge Provencale, White Post, Va
- Hidden Horse Tavern, Middleburg, Va
- King Street Oyster Bar, Middleburg, Va
- Field and Main, Marshall, Va
- The Rail Stop, The Plains, Va
- Front Porch Market and Grill, The Plains, Va
- The Whole Ox, Marshall, Va
- Locke Store, Millwood, Va (great boutique food to take out or eat at Burwell-Morgan Mill meadow across the road)
- Camino Real Mexican, Berryville, Va
- Fox Pizza, Berryville, Va
- Rosie's Sweet (sandwiches, breakfast, desserts) Berryville, Va
- HorseShoe Curve (good bar with music as well) Bluemont, Va
- Firefly Cafe and Bakery, Winchester, Va
- The Butcher Station, Winchester, Va
- Violino Ristorante, Winchester, Va
- Crush Bar, Winchester, Va
- Patsy's Pastry Pizzas, Winchester, Va