Top-Floor 2-Story Beachfront Villa Spectalular View of St John
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
(Please note, that we respond rapidly and directly to inquiries-- not just through VRBO, and thus VRBOs report of frequency and time of response is not accurate. This allows us to speak directly with each other using each others e-mail.)
Our Caribbean Villa is an upgraded, two-story, two-lanai villa on the top two floors of the premier building on one of the premier beaches overlooking St. Johns, British Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, and Grass Cay. Your stay in our Caribbean Villa will truly capture the island spirit, trade winds, and beauty of the Caribbean. Our Villa has been personally decorated in a Caribbean-décor, and a list of the many features of our Villa and its location are noted below.
-Upgrade Two-Story Top-Floor Villa with two lanai.
-One of the two premier beaches on St. Thomas.
-Premier building on Sapphire Beach.
-Premier view of St. Johns, British Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Grass Cay, sailboats, charter boats, ferries, jet skis, parasailing, cruise ships, and more.
-30 feet from the Caribbean water.
-Close to gorgeous private pool on 'wedding' point with unparalleled view of St. Johns and British Virgin Islands.
-Upgraded décor in Caribbean ambience including lithographs such as from renowned local artist, Jonna White.
-Cathedral wood ceiling on second floor.
Excellent privacy yet open air to bring in the Caribbean trade winds, which you will greatly appreciate (However, AC with separate controls on both levels.)
-For January 2016, we have slept 12 nights in a row with no AC on, doors open, no bugs, wonderful Caribbean trade winds, and the sound of the waves (of course, we cannot guarantee all of this, but we are optimistic, that that if you choose, you should be able to have doors open most nights enjoying the trade winds, no bugs, no rain, and the sound of waves).
-Close (less than 1 mile) to Red Hook for ferries, numerous restaurants, shopping, chartering, and boating.
• A Million dollar view that even the Ritz Carlton cannot compete with and both from main floor and master bedroom floor.
• The best trade winds, especially when it is hotter in the summer months, and typically one can sleep with sliding glass doors with fans on, windows in master bath open, and no mosquitoes and you hear the waves. (Note: if no wind, then close the doors and use the AC, because there can be bugs.)
• Best privacy because beach-walkers and sight-seers cannot look into you Villa.
• Rennovated Villa with multiple Caribbean decorations, pictures including art work from local well-known artist, Jonna White.
• All brand new sliding glass doors on both levels in 2011. (That is important, and be gentle).
• Caribbean décor
• Two stories
• Two lanais
• Two full baths
• Million dollar views from both lanais
• Cathedral ceiling on second floor with Caribbean Tiki-like beams. No cave-like experience.
• One of the most extensive bedding options of any Villa and for which suites cannot compete (see separate bedding section below.)
• Stocked dishes, plates, utensils for at least 6 people
• Small dinette table (but recommend eating on the lanais)
• Drink Mixer
• Hair dryer
• TV with DVD downstairs
• Move DVDs and games, which is always dependent on prior guests.
• Sony CD player
• TV upstairs
• Ceiling fan downstairs and upstairs
• New Bassett couch with pull out double sleeper sofa.
• New Bassett love seat with pull out twin sleeper sofa.
• Dresser on main level for those sleeping on main level
• New Hillsdale day bed upstairs with pull out separate trundle bed, and both are very comfortable. This is in addition to King size bed.
• Beach toys, but please note, although this is well stocked each year, this depends on the courtesy of our prior guests returning the beach toys.
• Lanai furniture--main level lanai
o Two wicker chairs on lower lanai with dining table and four chairs by Built-to-Last from North Carolina, which are also new.
• Lanai furniture--masterbedroom level lanai
o One lounge "sunning" chair on lanai, but please do not take to the beach.
o Two new Dolphin Watch Chairs by Built-to-Last from North Carolina, which are absolutely wonderful to maximize the expansive view of St. John's and British Tortola.
• King bed upstairs
• Hillsdale day bed with extra thick mattress (very comfortable) with pull out separate trundle bed, which also has extra thick mattress and also is very comfortable. This is in addition to the King size bed.
• Two small mattress behind the trundle bed for children
• Two self inflating electric air mattress in King bed foot locker (one twin, one double, and one queen. The twin and double can be used on the pull out sleeper sofas down stairs. These are located in the locker at the foot of king size bed upstairs and TV draw downstairs.
• New Bassett couch with pull out double sleeper sofa on main level.
• New Bassett love seat with pull out twin sleeper sofa (both cannot be deployed at the same time).
Keywords: Caribbean Villa
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 2-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Rollaway bed. Upgraded décor in Caribbean ambience including lithographs such as from renown local artist Jonna White. Cathedral wood ceiling on second floor. Excellent privacy yet open air to bring in the Caribbean trade winds. Safe for valuables. Iron and ironing board. Internet available (extra charge, but e-mail or call for packages that include internet access). Dive shop (extra charge for use of snorkel, kayaks, windsurf boards, etc., but e-mail or call for discounts and even free snorkeling gear and other gear with selected packages). Budget Rental Car office in Sapphire Beach Resort lobby, but e-mail or call for discounts and even free car rental with selected packages [i.e. up to $300 off car rental]). Taxi’s almost always available at Sapphire Beach Lobby with inexpensive fair to Red Hook for ferries, restuarants, and shopping. Tennis. Volleyball....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Porch / Veranda
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 5 - Sep 3, 2016
4 night min stay
Very low season
Sep 4 - Nov 19, 2016
4 night min stay
Nov 20 - Dec 17, 2016
4 night min stay
Dec 18 - Apr 1, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 12.5%
The rates listed are my so-called "Rack-rates" for a 4 night stay. However, please contact me by e-mail or call for potentially significant discounts throughout the year. I can offer discounts for stays of 5 days or longer, specific weeks that are less likely to book (e.g. non festival weeks), for reduced number of guests (i.e. 2 or 3 guests), and last minute cancellations. Contact me.
Contact me, Van (firstname.lastname@example.org) In brief, my deposit is 25% of total reservation due on booking your reservation, but this is fully refundable up to 60 days prior to arrival. The balance is due 60 days prior to arrival. Ask for my 21+ page packet that gives further information and has been developed by my prior guests and me.
I do not require a damage protection deposit.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Snorkeling excursions, day sail excusions, sunset sailboat cruises, dive trips, excursions to British Tortola and Virgin Gorda, jet ski rentals, sport fishing charters in marina immediately adjacent to Building E.
Must see and do: (1) See and shop Charlottee Amalie
(2) See and shop Red Hook, (3) See Mountain Top, (4) take ferry (foot or car ferry) to St. John Virgin Island, and (5) see owner's guest packet of many more things to see, do, and don't do.
Please note: Other than Banana Cabana for breakfast or lunch between Building B and C, no restaurants are located on Sapphire Beach. However, there is a restuarant on adjacent property with extensive restaurants in Redhook, which is 0.7 miles away.
Grapevine Restaurant in Sapphire Village ~2 minute walk. (At the time of this writing, Grapevine Restaurant will deliver pizza and full menu to condo unit).
At check in, recommend checking for present free shuttles to various restaurants, which varies from month to month and year to year.
Too numerous to count restaurants in Red Hook (approximately 0.75 miles away) from Sapphire Beach Resort.) (Taxi’s almost always available at Sapphire Beach Lobby with inexpensive
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I am Douglas Van Nostrand, the owner of Villa E303, and I purchased my Villa in 2005. I have been a physician for 43 years, and I am presently the Director, Nuclear Medicine Research at the MedStar Research Institute and MedStar Washington Hospital Center, and Professor of Medicine at Georgetown University Hospital Center. I have been active in patient care, education, and research of thyroid cancer publishing over several hundred abstracts, articles, and chapters and have authored, edited, and published 9 books. I presently live on the Magothy River of the Chesapeake Bay in Pasadena, Maryland and vacation in Sapphire Beach, St. Thomas.
Why the Owner Chose East End, St Thomas, USVI:
How did we chose my vacation Villa in this location? My wife and I have traveled throughout the Caribbean to many of the islands for 20+ years, and while traveling, we have been looking for the perfect location for our vacation villa. This was the island. This was the resort. This was the beach, and this was the Villa. St. Thomas is one of the easiest islands to travel to, and it is a United States territory with U.S. laws and justice. It is indeed one of the most beautiful islands with all the beauty of the Caribbean while also having one of the best duty free shopping areas as well as all the benefits and amenities of home such as K-Mart and Home Depot. It also has medical care in Red Hook as well as the Roy Schneider Hospital in Charlotte Amalie. It is also one of the friendliest islands, and absolutely the best 'stepping-off' point for visiting many other islands including St. Johns, St. Croix, Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and many more for easy day trips. Finally, St. Thomas has wonderful weather and warm water throughout the year, which is far superior to Florida, which may sometimes have cold days in winter and very sultry hot days in summer. I know; I was raised there. Sapphire Beach is, in our opinion, the best beach on the island exceeding Magens Bay, and it is indeed THE best beach on the island where you can lodge and be only 20 feet away from the Caribbean Sea with great swimming, snorkeling, and views of St. Johns, Tortola, and Jost Van Dyke. In regard to our Villa, we selected E Building because of the most magnificent views, the wonderful trade winds, and the privacy. It cannot be beaten any where--including the Ritz. Finally, because all the Villas and Suites are individually owned, it is also a very friendly resort. We now have many friends here, and they are not just owners but also guests who come back year after year at the same time. It is wonderful. This has truly been an unexpected benefit.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Some of the unique benefits we enjoy at Sapphire Beach include: - Being just 30ft from the water. We don't have to walk far to the sandy beach and water - We have some of the best snorkeling in St. Thomas and St. Johns right at Sapphire (with the best snorkeling in front of our building.) -The Marina is just a few steps away from our villa if we want to go on snorkeling/diving excursions to the BVI's or St Johns - The waterfront pool is just steps away where we can swim and relax on the deck sunning and enjoying the tropical breezes. It has been the cover on many magazines. - The dive shop on the premises is now back open for all our snorkeling needs. --The Condominium Associates supplies complimentary new lounge chairs to our guests without charge. --The property is secured by our Condominium Security staff members 24-7.
- Primary: (443) 817-2307 (Maryland, USA)
- Secondary: 443-817-2307
- Tertiary: +1 2028770300
- Fax: +1 4438172308 Dedicated fax line.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sapphire Beach Resort from the entrance to the resort
Grounds and walk way in front of our building
Left side of first floor living area
First floor lanai with magnificant view of St. Johns and Tortola (to left)
Second floor sitting area and king size bed
Second floor master bath
Second floor lanai
Our Villa directly on the beach with its magnificent view
First floor entrance, living area, and kitchen
First floor bathroom with two sinks and shower
View from our lanai of a cruise ship off of St. Johns with BVI to the left
Second floor sitting area
Second floor vanity and sofa chair
Second floor sitting area, king size bed, vanity and lanai
Sapphire Beach private pool with St. Johns in the background
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, July 22, 2016
- Property typeCondo
Request to book
- Response time Within 2 days
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 05/23/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.