Condo, 1 Bedroom, 1 and 1/2 Bath, (Sleeps 6)
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
- There will be a 6% lodging tax fee request for the Pocahontas County Lodging tax VRBO system does not allow me to add it to the rate
Great place to stay. We enjoyed our weekend!
Very dated but it does sleep 6 and is a decent price. Has internet and a roku
Clean and convenient but needs updating
The building in general is older and could use some updating, but good clean room for the price. The listing would be helpful if it explained the “sleeping” situation a little better
Overall a great place to stay with 4 adults. Do be aware the "bunk beds" are not twin size...they are more like cot size. But my 18 year old son and another smaller adult fit ok. Definitely perfect for kids. Great location as the room is right near the stairs. We did walk to Soaring Eagle which is a couple minute walk but doable. There is a hill so the walk back was slightly more painful. The bus does come right outside the building door so that was awesome. Would stay here again.
Good for the Money
We enjoyed our stay and it is an inexpensive and nice place to stay. I don't want to say 'good' and 'bad' because it makes it sound like there is something horrible. Instead, I'll say "Advantage" and "Be Aware That..."
- I don't remember it saying that it had a half bath, but it does.
- You don't have to worry about parking passes and restrictions
- I think it had everything we needed in the kitchen
- There was a Roku unit and we could watch a bunch of stuff on that. You could use your own NetFlix and other accounts if you are okay with doing that.
- The porch was good for extra storage. A good portion of the porch is protected by Plexiglas so the weather wouldn't cover things on the porch.
- The shuttles stop there and you and get wherever from there. Something that hit me though... when coming back from Silver Creek, the driver said "Does anyone need to get off at Snowcrest. When nobody answered, they just went on to Top of the World. If someone was there waiting for the bus, it wouldn't show. It may be a safe bet to just go to Top of the World's bus stop (which is about 500 yards).
- There is a bar within walking range (Hoots at the top of the Soaring Eagle Lift) for the end of the day.
- Zenkei (Asian restaurant at the Soaring Eagle Lodge) was great, not cheap, but needed beer on tap (get that back management! Don't tease me with taps! ha ha ha)
Be Aware That:
- the contract tells you that you need to supply your own paper products. We knew this and were ready. The only paper products were ones that the previous renter left. We left some as well.
- the twin beds aren't twin beds. They are more like cubby holes built into the wall. If you were in the Navy, they are similar in size to bunks on ships. We had two adults that slept in them and the were fine, but be aware that they are narrow.
- You can walk to the Top of the World condos and the Soaring Eagle lift, but it is about 500 yards of walking. We never checked to see if they have a ski check/valet there, but it may be worth doing that. Carrying that distance with a kid's skis and mine wasn't peachy at the end of a ski day.
That's about it. Great for the cost!
Thank you Gary. I will add to the description that the bunk beds might be too small for a big person.
Glad you had a good time.
Large game room and fireplace on first floor of complex
Hot Tubs in atrium 1st floor