Beachview House has it all...Location! + Location! + *in* the Village! + Walk to Everything + Historic Charm
PLEASE NOTE- VRBO does NOT have the correct cancellation policy for Beachview House--- here it is...
9. Cancellation/Hurricanes: If you cancel your reservation for any reason you are entitled to a refund of your payments to us, less a cancellation fee of $250.00, provided that (1) for any rental including days from the “GA/FL week", "Thanksgiving", "Christmas", "Prime", or "July 4th" time frames, you cancel 180 days in advance of your check-in date, or (2) for all other rental time frames, you cancel 90 days or more in advance of your check-in date. There are no refunds for cancellations made outside of these time frames. If you think trip cancellation is a possibility for any reason, we strongly recommend purchasing "Trip Cancellation Insurance", which is available through most travel agents, insurance agents, or sites on the Internet. There are no refunds due to weather conditions, including hurricane evacuations, because Trip Cancellation Insurance is now available and very affordable. We strongly recommend that trip cancellation insurance is purchased. We can refer you to several possible sources of trip insurance, if needed. Every single place we have traveled to within the last seventeen years has required prepayment in full, 90 days in advance, with no cancellation possible, even for hurricanes and cyclones. We obtained trip insurance on each occasion, and it has provided a great deal of peace of mind for very low cost.
• Please inquire BEFORE you click "Request to Book" or "Book Now". As an historic restored cottage, By the way, there is only one Beachview House by Idyll Rentals in the country! The house is well known by many. Word of advice... calling the booking assistance number noted on the top right side takes you to someone that knows nothing about our property and will not be able to answer questions about our property.We have unique and special homes and simply love sharing the houses with folks through renting them... We tell people quite honestly that we want you to feel like you are using the well-appointed home of an absent friend... Having been doing this for so long, we know that the best way to make sure that the houses are a good fit for the guest AND that the guest feels comfortable with us and the rental process, we have ALWAYS talked to a first-time guest on the phone…. I mean, this is a big commitment of your hard earned money time- and NO WAY should you have anything BUT a stellar vacation trip---and on the other hand you are staying in our real live vacation home that we have put our heart and soul into, and it is important to us that the house gets taken care of- (we have had MARVELOUS results over the years talking to folks the first time- and our guests are very happy too because they feel like they get to know us too)
• RATES VARY BASED ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE and SEASON, plus tax and fees. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY is 10 guests . Rates are based on the number of guests, time of year, plus cleaning fee, tax, pet fee if applicable , out-of-country transaction fee if applicable
• For additional photos, info, rates, pet policy, cancellation policy and map, please inquire.
• Please be aware that Idyll Rentals properties are all very popular due to many repeat guests that have been booking directly with us in ALL of our homes for over 20 years. But we welcome first-time guests and first-time inquiries!
• BE ADVISED THAT TENTATIVE RESERVATIONS DO NOT SHOW ON THE CALENDAR. TO CHECK ON AVAILABILITY please inquire BEFORE you click "Request to Book" or "Book Now". Please let us know if you want to be put on the waiting list, as availability is constantly changing
Don't you want to come to the sunny Golden Isles and enjoy the week by our fireplace and cook your meals in our FULLY stocked, REAL kitchen:>) ? Come enjoy the beautiful weather and the huge oversized fenced in yard with citrus trees...
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: Located directly in the village, you can walk to everything -- the pier, restaurants, shops, etc -- including the new ocean-front public water pool and water park (see photo #2 for birds eye view of location).
THE HOUSE: So, just what kind of a house is it? Well, this is the e-mail I received from the guest from April of 2015: "I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. I have traveled all over the world. To exotic places. And never ever have I been as pleased or felt more excited than I did today pulling into your lovely beach cottage. You have poured your heart and soul into this place and it shows. Perfect everything.“ "The house was absolutely wonderful - all of us loved it and hated to leave! From the porches to the wall decorations (you could be there years before examining them all!) to the well-appointed kitchen and the fenced in yard, it was perfect."
• Living Room: sleep sofa (queen size) with full bath (shower+tub)
• Bedroom Two: queen bed, full bath with modern shower/tub
• Bedroom Three: king bed; full bath with shower
• Bedroom Four: double bed; full bath with antique original claw foot tub
HISTORICAL: Beachview House was built in 1892 on Cumberland Island as three cottages. In 1923, it was floated down the Atlantic and reassembled in its present location as one cottage -- back then it was called the Gramling Cottage after the family that owned it the 1920's. By the time it was started to be restored, it was so overgrown, that many folks didn't even know there was a cottage on the property. It is blessed with a fabulous location - less than a block to the water and yet being INCREDIBLY close to town, in the middle of everything - The house retains much of its historic charm - original hardwood flooring - great beadboard walls - even the original claw foot tub! It is furnished with many comfortable antiques and high quality upholstery - but it is designed to be a place to put your feet up and relax to the pace of life that is St. Simons Island.
NOTE: The VRBO calendar is sadly buggy and despite our repeated attempts to work out the bugs with VRBO support, the calendar is not always 100% accurate. Please write or call to confirm dates. Thanks!
Keywords: House, Single Family House, Cottage, Historic, Restored, Dog Friendly, Pet Friendly, Fenced In yard, Village Location, Close to Beach, Close to Pool, Charming, Antiques, Clean, 4 bathrooms, Updated, Porch, Screened in Porch, Lighthouse, Village, Rocking Chairs