Casa Loro - Modern 3BR Home with Pool Perfect for Divers or Family Groups(17 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
VRBO Bear stayed here: We found this property to be beary special Read review
About the Property
Spacious open-floor plan, two-level house, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6-7)
Completely walled garden with 'plunge pool' with natural rock cascading water feature (NOT, as many are, a condo with shared facilities).
Secure entry court yard and locked garage area with secure dive equipment rinse and dry area. Unlimited on-street parking.
Air-conditioned with individual controls for each room. Beautiful new furnishings and fully-equipped kitchen. Large attractive tiled bathrooms with sky lights.
Beautiful flowering plants and landscaping. Quiet, safe residential neighborhood.
Five-minute drive to dive , beach & watersport areas
Walk to restaurants, convenience stores, shopping for local crafts, large free public sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!).
BEDROOMS WITH NEW HIGH-QUALITY BEDS
Three bedrooms on second level
- King in master suite
- Queen in second bedroom
- Two singles and fold down sofa in third bedroom
Bedroom with two singles includes 'teen entertainment center' sofa (with cup holders and fold down center panel--excellent for gaming). Sofa folds into serviceable futon-style bed.
- American-size beds with high-thread count linens
- Private balcony overlooking garden for master suite
- Large, well-appointed built-in closet and dresser unit in each bedroom
- Ceiling fans and new air conditioning systems, with individual temperature control for each room
BATHROOMS WITH LOTS OF HOT WATER
- 2.5 baths with one private bath off of master suite, a second large bathroom on the second floor shared by two bedrooms and a 'powder room' on the first floor
- Lots of large, fluffy towels
- New 'endless' hot water system provides long, hot showers for everybody
- Beautifully tiled large showers & up-to-date fixtures
- New, high capacity washer/dryer
CONVENIENCE AND COST-SAVINGS OF EATING IN
- American-style kitchen organized by enthusiastic cook, stocked with basics
- Six burner gas stove/oven, double door refrigerator/freezer, microwave, blender, coffee pot, bottled water dispenser, rice/vegetable steamer
- Full compliment of pots, pans, dishes, glassware, flatware, wine and margarita glasses -enough to serve an elegant diner for 8-10
- Dining table seats six, plus breakfast bar seating with three stools
- Morning coffee in the garden and evening margaritas in the pool
WIDE VARIETY OF CHOICES TO EAT OUT
- Dozens of walkable neighborhood spots for grilled chicken and seafood or local cuisine and a beer
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from a large selection of fine dining choices
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from half a dozen beach-front beach clubs where you can view the sunset from a hammock holding the tall frosty beverage of your choice
BROADBAND INTERNET AND CABLE TV
- DSL broad-band Internet connection
- Secure high-speed WiFi network within house and garden
- Cable TV including ESPN and English programming, movies, etc.
- Cordless phone for local phone calls
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
- Gated front courtyard and 10' walled back garden
- Cozumel is a very friendly, safe city where you can walk the neighborhood streets even late at night without concern
- Beautiful flowering plants in front court yard and back garden. Wake to the lovely sound of the bells of Corpus Christi Church and topical birds.
- Unlimited bottled water
- Surge-protection on most wall outlets
- Quiet residential neighborhood with elementary school across the street. Mix of vacation homes and permanent residents.
- Cabs on call or hail on-street two blocks away
- Locked garage area and easy on-street parking
AMENITIES WITHIN FOUR BLOCKS
- Avenue 30 (two blocks away) is a major shopping street with restaurants, locally-made ice cream, take-out roast chicken, general shopping, grocery stores, banks, etc.
- Three blocks, Unidad Deportiva public recreation center (no entry fee) sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, weight lifting, and more. Open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games two nights a week!)
- One block, family-owned corner store -literally a taste of real Mexico
- Every evening, door-to-door pastry bike vendor -a treat for tomorrow's breakfast
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
- Local property manager with 20-years in Cozumel will meet you at the house, get you checked in and provide advice/assistance on local activities, reservations, etc.
- Connections with all local dive companies, including those not ordinarily open to resort visitors. Advice from highly experienced dive instructor/master with extensive knowledge of Cozumel dive sites.
- Once-a-week maid service included in base price. Additional maid/shopping/cooking services, etc. available on request
- On-call maintenance service
- Assistance/advice on car rental, local sites and attractions, restaurants, tours, etc
- No pets allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters : All guests under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Smoking not allowed
Keywords: house, home, villa, pool, Internet, new, luxury, comfortable, safe, convenient, air conditioning, garden, flowers, neighborhood, divers, diving, scuba, group, family, sports, private, cable
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 1900 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 7
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Plunge pool with natural rock cascading water feature, lovely walled garden, secure entry court yard and locked garage area, secure dive equipment rinse and dry area, unlimited on-street parking, ceiling fans and air-conditioning with individual controls for each room, quiet residential neighborhood...moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Enough basic cooking supplies to get you started, such as coffee, oil, sugar, paper towels, spices, flour, spaghetti and sauce PLUS neighborhood 'tienda' around the corner for milk, eggs, soda, etc...moreless
Deck / Patio:
Covered patio off of dining area accessible through double sliding doors. Faces garden and pool. Breakfast table seats four beside the pool near the hummingbird feeder. Hammock available for stecthing...moreless
Lawn / Garden:
Walled garden behind house contains pool plus beautiful local flowering plants, lime tree, mango tree, etc. Humming birds visit each morning and beautiful landscape-lighting for the evening....moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
VRBO Bear stayed here:
Casa Loro was everything you could ask for and more! The house has all the amenities (washer/dryer, wifi, modern kitchen appliances, A/C in every room, etc), and plenty of supplies to make your stay comfortable and convenient. I loved getting the authentic Cozumel experience staying in the quiet neighborhood and getting away from hustle and bustle of other tourists. There were several restaurants within a 5 minute walking distance; we liked one of them so much we actually ate there twice during our stay! The main grocery store is only about a 10- 15 minute walk in case you want to grab food for the house or get extra sunscreen. Having the ‘plunge pool’ in the back was an amazing place to unwind, listen to some music and just relax after a long day of scuba diving. Joni, the property manager, couldn’t have been more friendly or helpful. She helped arrange a few activities for us (she knows all the best tour guides on the island!) and brought over a cooler for when we rented a jeep and cruised around the island. I am definitely recommending Casa Loro to all my bear friends that visit Cozumel.The VRBO Bear
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 6 - Apr 23, 2017
5 night min stay
Apr 24 - Nov 14, 2017
4 night min stay
Nov 15 - Dec 13, 2017
5 night min stay
Holiday 2017 - 2018
Dec 14 - Jan 5, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $150
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Five-minute drive to world-class dive areas. Our property manager is a 20-year master dive instructor with connections to local dive companies, 3-minute walk to major free public sports facility with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!), Mayan ruins, secluded beaches, ecological parks, helicopter tours, Xcaret & Chankanaub Parks
Year Purchased: 2011
About: The picture is of me and my daughter after her successful certification dive in Cozumel last year. Our family lives in Philadelphia. We've traveled the world and find the culture and people of Cozumel to be so friendly and interesting that my wife and I were inspired to purchase this house as our eventual retirement residence. In the meantime, you can share our good fortune!
Why Colonia Independencia, San Miguel, Q.R., Mexico:
Cozumel has world-class diving combined with really interesting culture (think Mayan, not northern Mexico) and a very cosmopolitan, international community. Good food, good times, good people.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We picked our house because its IN Mexico, not some isolated compound that tries to keep the local culture at bay. Additionally, the location is convenient to everything you need on a daily basis.
- Primary: +1 2147175210 We strive to respond to calls within a few hours.
Links to more information:
Casa Loro from the street
Have breakfast on the private patio, with hummingbirds lined up at the feeder!
Fully-equipped American-style modern kitchen with breakfast bar
Broadband Internet w/ WiFi coverage for house and garden, plus dish TV with ESPN
Private garden for an evening dip with delicious drinks featuring local fruit
Master bedroom with full king bed opening onto balcony & w/ ensuite bath
Master ensuite bath. All tile shower. Great hot water. American-style fixtures
2nd bedroom with queen bed
Shared bath on 2nd floor. All tile shower. Great hot water. Modern fixtures.
Secure area to rinse and air-dry your scuba gear
Great fishing! Hundreds of charters for fishing & cruises to remote beaches.
One of our own photos from a recent boating/snorkeling outing
Secure, lighted and gated entry area from street
All new furnishings through the house. Living area opens out onto garden.
Dinner table seats 6, + 3 more seats at breakfast bar - opens onto patio/garden
Plunge pool w/ cascading waterfall-48" deep w/ seating for relaxed socializing
Stairway to second floor in sky-lit stairwell
Relax in back garden with margarita pool and tropical landscaping
Spacious built-in storage in each bedroom. Lots of large, fluffy towels& pillows
3rd bedroom with 2 singles plus fold flat sofa - the teen entertainment center!
1st flr powder room w/ laundry area (new washer/dryer includes laundry supplies)
Spectacular beaches on the protected 'wild' east side of the island.
UNBELIEVABLE diving! Lots of affordable, relaxed private charters & group boats
Dozens of fine dining choices - international quality with a local twist
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.