Cabin on the Big Sioux River with a 100 Acre Wood.(50 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cabin, 5 Bedrooms + 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
This is a home that was just finished in May of 2012. It is outfitted with new everything, appliances, beds, furniture, gas grill, linens, everything.Very open floor plan with 25 foot ceiling in the great room. Huge 17 foot high fireplace in the great room. Open balcony above with 2 bedrooms and a full bathroom. The walkout basement level is now finished, it now has 2 bedrooms with queen sized beds and a couch that pulls out into a double bed. So there are five beds in all, a king sized one in the master bedroom, 2 queen sized beds in the upper loft area and 2 queen sized beds in the basement. Brand new hot tub out back. Huge deck off the great room. The back of the home faces SW overlooking the beautiful river valley. The lights of Sioux Falls can be seen in the distance 12 miles away.
Keywords: home, new, ranch, riverfront, horse riding area, hunting pheasant, turkey, deer and more on adjacent land.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Miles and miles of deer trails to hike or ride your horse on 95 acres on the property, adjoined by another 1,000 acres of state property available for hiking and horse riding. Hunting is also available on the state owned land. Several firepits are available for outdoor campfires. Also, we DO NOT allow hunting or target practice on the property with guns. Our neighbor to the North was sitting on his deck one nice day last summer and a bullet hit his deck within 20 feet of where he was sitting. Because of the limited visibility of the woods, hills and grasses and because other people use other parts of the land for hiking, horse riding, picnicking and other (usually non-profit group) activities, we decided we just couldn't risk it again. Sorry. There are gun ranges in Sioux Falls and Brandon..........moreless
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 12%
For the monthly rate, please call Kevin at 605-366-4293.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
For information on hunting on the adjacent Reserves, Hidden Bridge and Peterson Reserve, cut and paste this link: http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/PheasantSmallGame.aspx
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: I'm a real estate broker in Sioux Falls. When we bought this property we had the intention to develop it with 5 or 6 homes with privacy and fantastic river views. We just have not been able to part with any of it and decided to just share it with everyone with this vacation rental home....
Why the Owner Chose Larchwood, IA, USA:
We found this beautiful piece of real estate about 15 years ago, were finally able to purchase it about 7 years ago and decided we really just wanted to share it with the world a little. It had been in the same family for 3 generations, ever since it was aquired from the government over 100 years ago. It has not had much human activity over the years, just quietly co-existing along a mile of the Big Sioux River. Whitetail deer, pheasants and turkeys enjoy the solitude there.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We've really enjoyed hiking the property over the years. Just pick a deer trail and follow it and discover the beauties of nature. You can hunt, hike or ride horse at either Hidden Bridge or Peterson Preserve which adjoins our property to the East and North.
- Primary: 605-366-4293 cell phone
- Secondary: +1 6053338971 office number
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
You can see the hot tub on the patio if you look carefully. Back view of cabin.
You can see the tops of the trees behind the cabin and Sioux Falls behind right.
just got the basement finished this winter.
see the canoe down there?
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.