About the property
- House1320 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
2 bdrm & 2 bath house; walk to restaurants & fun; has own tranquil pond & deck!
Li'l Blu is conveniently located on a quiet street in the Wilmington Historic District, just a couple of blocks from the River Walk and many of Wilmington's fine restaurants; there are more than a dozen great restaurants in the downtown area. It’s an easy stroll to the River Walk where one can browse through the many shops or watch the sunset across the Cape Fear River. If you prefer the beach, you have a choice of three beach areas: Wrightsville, Carolina and Kure. Each can be reached by a short drive of around twenty minutes with easy access and parking.
As stated in the summary, our sweet house has 2 bedrooms upstairs, each with a queen size bed and one has an additional single bed; there are also 2 full baths - one up and one down. The galley kitchen works effortlessly and has all the gadgets and cookware to go with it. Check out our oasis at the back of the house with a huge deck full of optional seating arrangements and a huge pond with plants, fish and frogs (nothing else please, even hands or feet)! After enjoying the end of the day here, take a stroll to a restaurant and night life, just minutes away. The Wilmington downtown area would appreciate the savings created by staying here, allocated to these local businesses and so would we; we LOVE WILMINGTON!
There is a weekday and a weekend rate (Friday & Saturday & Sunday) for all seasons. Prices are for 2 adults all additional guests (up to 2 more) are charged $25.00/night. Additional cleaning fee for over minimum. All nights are charged sales and use taxes equaling 13% unless the stay is 90 days or longer, then no sales/use or occupancy taxes are required. Please contact me for specific & often BETTER rates and other information 434.535.2540, 8am-9pm and leave a detailed message. We'd be happy to have you stay at Li'l Blu and look forward to hearing any questions you might have.
PLEASE NOTE: For safety and security we have installed a single “Arlo” camera at the front door of Li’l Blu. Please be assured that there are no other recording devices inside or out that would interfere with your privacy here.
The alleyway to the left of the house is NOT to be used by anyone at "Li'l Blu"! Parking is only available on the street, where there has never been an issue.
This is our contract that we use when dealing directly with our guests, but by anyone's payment for stay via VRBO or Airbnb, they also comply.
1. Rentals are for guest accommodations only.
2. Any person(s) booking a rental must be over twenty-five years old.
3. Bookings must be made by email and shall be considered confirmed after this contract is signed by all/a renter(s), and the total rental payment, loss and damage deposit are received by Owner/representative. By signing this contract, guest also accepts and will comply with the Welcome note information and all emails between owner and guest(s).
4. The number or limit of occupants or guests must be agreed upon at time of booking and are as follows:
The number of people may not exceed _ TOTAL for a sleepover unless agreed upon by Owner. Any other event and/or attendants must be requested and agreed upon by Owner. Violation of any occupancy count is grounds for immediate eviction with forfeiture of all rent and deposits paid.
5. If bookings are cancelled by you or your representative, all or a portion of the rental fee will be kept if the house cannot be re-rented; the Good Care deposit will be returned, less a $150.00 handling fee AND any bank or PayPal fees.
6. The Owner, or representatives, may have access at any time to the property for any reason.
7. No hunting, fires, smoking, vaping, snuff, etc. is allowed inside or on the property. The loss and damage deposit will not be returned if any of these occur, with possible immediate eviction and termination of stay.
8. Owner will not be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal property.
9. Owner will not be held responsible for any illnesses or injuries sustained by you or your guests on this property, including POND AND DECK AREA! Please be aware of children, especially around this area; drowning occurs quickly!
10. All noise must be kept at a volume that will not disturb neighbors; disturbance of others will terminate the rental and there will be no refunds.
11, Wireless internet is available for guests who bring their own laptops, use the system lawfully and at their own risk. The password will be made known at the time of occupancy.
12. It is the Tenant’s responsibility to report to the Owner on the arrival day any damages found or any repairs required at that property. Otherwise, the property will be deemed to be in satisfactory condition and accepted for the stay.
13. All items on and within the property, including all furniture and art, are inventoried and appraised; the loss and damage deposit will not be returned if anything is missing or damaged. This includes pond damage and leaking.
14. Tenant agrees to be held responsible for any repairs, replacements or excessive cleaning necessary due to Tenants or their guest’s negligence. If costs exceed Good Care deposit, Tenant agrees to reimburse owner within ten (10) days of receiving itemized sum of cost of damages from owner, which amount shall include collection costs, if necessary, and reasonable attorney’s fees.
15. If all property and contents are left in the condition it was in at the beginning of your stay and there are no additional charges or fees, the Owner will return the Good Care deposit to Tenant within 14 days.
16. Tenant may use the street only for parking of one (1) motor vehicle using the GUEST PASS provided for the duration of stay. If pass is not returned on day of departure $100.00 will be charged or deducted from deposit. Please keep the alley next to the house and behind cottage, clear. Parking is not allowed there; it is a right-of-way. If towing occurs it is at the vehicle owner’s expense.
17. There will be no refund given for inoperable appliances, malfunctioning mechanical systems and faulty equipment, including HVAC systems. We will make every effort to correct all problems as soon as reasonably possible.
18. No refunds will be given for storms or disruption of any utility. There will be no refund for other natural occurrences such as weather, Acts of God, plants, bugs or animals that may affect guests allergies or comfort; the owner cannot control the environment.
19. For privacy reasons, the exact address will be given out a few days prior to arrival. There are no keys needed for entry; a code will be supplied on the afternoon of the first day of this rental term.
20. Check-in time is 4:00 PM on the day of arrival and check-out time is 10:00 AM on the day of departure. Special arrangements may be possible if agreed upon in advance with the Owner. Without written agreement, a portion of the damage/loss deposit will be deducted for the additional time.
21. ANY exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
By my PAYMENT, I (we) agree to abide by the above Rental Terms along with all email correspondence with owner and the Welcome note I receive upon arrival; if any of the above mentioned are not adhered to I (we) understand that the Owner has the right to charge additional fees and/or may force the Tenant(s) to leave the premises.
Please contact us for any questions you might have.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 17, 2018
Why Kaki Pearson chose Riverfront
I love being very close to all the activities offered in or near downtown Wilmington without having to share space with anyone; I can also be at the next best place, the beach, within 15 minutes!
What makes this House unique
Li'l Blu has a separate dining room, two bedrooms and two full baths and is fully equipped with all new appliances, including a flat-screen TV. Enjoy the tastefully furnished rooms, filled with family antiques and art. In back, there is an ample deck with multiple seating areas, a dining area under a pergola covered with fragrant jasmine and it all overlooks a small, private pond (for fish and frogs only). The outdoor area is also fully lighted for after dark relaxing.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great place to stay!
L'il Blue is located in a great spot in the historical district of Wilmington. A 5-10 minute walk puts you on the river walk and onto market street. Only a 20-30 drive to the beaches.
The house has everything you need for a comfortable stay for 4 or 5 people. The owner was very responsive to emails and phone calls when needed. Highly recommend this place for your next Wilmington visit!
Thank you, Kevin.
The cable/remote was an issue upon your arrival but with your patience and our manager's willingness to fix it on Thanksgiving day, was a greatly appreciated combination.
If you ever want to return to Wilmington, I hope you consider Li'l Blu again; you left our home as if it was your own and for us, that is worth a returning guest discount! Maybe a warmer time of year when your family could really enjoy Wrightsville Beach?
Thanks again for your business.
Adding a rave!
You know that first morning in a rental when you reach for the coffee filters and...phooey! Not at L'Blue. Everything you need is there, where it should be, including things you haven't thought of. Not one late night trip to Target required. As a VBRO veteran, I have to say this is the most well-appointed place we've seen. I'll add a voice to those who say it is perfectly located and the backyard is an oasis, but I really have to say it was the most convenient vacation we've had in a long time, and much appreciated.
Perfect location, cute house
We vacationed in Wilmington in July 2016 and Lil' Blue was perfect for our needs. We are an active family, and I am the type of person that likes to park my car in one spot and walk all over. Lil' Blue is perfectly located for that, being in the historic area of Wilmington. A short (very short) walk through the historic downtown area and you are at the Riverwalk, multiple shops/restaurants, and some unique tourist attractions. (Serpentarium!) Wrightsville beach is a short drive away and I'd recommend going to the right side of the beach if you want less crowds. There are no lack of beaches around you, and no lack of activities to do in the area, whether historic, active, water-related, film, I could go on and on. We used the oven, stove top, washing/dryer machines and a/c and everything worked without a hitch, and it was nice to have the specific instructions written out so there was no question on how anything worked or was to be used. The beds are comfortable, and I especially appreciated 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom as I had 2 teenagers that don't like to share beds, but they liked having the bedroom to share together. The house is two story with the bedrooms on the second level, and the only comment I would add is that the staircase can be slippery if one is walking down it with just socks. It was remedied with being mindful and keeping my hand on the rail, and no one else seemed to have a problem with it, but I didn't want to fall regardless. (I didn't have quite this same concern going up the stairs as much) my daughter who had had recent hip surgery did just fine going up and down, but she's a barefoot type of girl so her feet probably 'stuck' better than my socked ones.
I think if I had a house like lil' Blue, I might not ever share it! Fortunately, the owners don't feel that way and are more generous!
It was lovely having you all as guests too! You were courteous of our house and our nice neighbors too; thank you. Also thrilled that you enjoyed so much of Wilmington and the surrounding areas. Please come back and receive a 'returning guest' discount -- there is still Southport, Figure 8 Island and so much more!!
A Respite from the World
L'il Blue is truly a gem. The place is well appointed and welcoming. The instant you walk in you feel a sense of home. It is a place the beckons to you after a day of sight seeing or, if you so choose, surrounds you with a cocoon of quiet respite to relax and enjoy the pond out back or immerse yourself in your favorite book as a soothing summer rain cools the day.
The kitchen will make any home chef happy. It is well stocked with all the essentials to make the perfect meal for your family. I was able to create meals for everyone to enjoy as I puttered and experimented with recipes.
I would recommended it to anyone who wishes to take a vacation in the lovely historic town of Wilmington.
You have been remarkable guests, not only taking good care of our "gem" but also relaxing enough in it to know it's nooks and crannies -- making a good suggestion too. I hope you return (and receive a discount!) and possibly bring to our town a needed service...
Close to everything - still peaceful and cozy.
We stayed during some of the hottest days in July, but the air conditioning really held up well. Separate controls for upstairs and down let us stay comfortable day and night. The walk down to the riverfront wasn't far, and the nearest trolley stop looked like it was only a few blocks away also. The neighborhood was so quaint, peaceful, lovely, relaxing. In the morning people would jog by or walk their dogs. Just lovely. Cute house, comfortable furniture, spacious bedrooms. Little lamps by each chair in the living room for reading in the evening. Bright rooms. Great location. Even though we were there over July 4th holiday, we had no problem with parking. Would highly recommend.
Wow, you described everything I love about our little gem and have made me miss it, immensely! Thank you for your lovely review and for being such wonderful guests treating our house as if it was yours. You would be welcome back, anytime, and would receive a returning guest discount. Thanks again!
Stayed at Li'l Blu to attend a niece's wedding. Great downtown neighborhood. Walked a lot as the house is close to about everything that historic Wilmington has to offer. After a long day of touring and shopping, it was magical sitting out on the back deck. Kitchen is well-equipped although we ate out often at some great restaurants. Kaki was very helpful and responsive to our every need. She believes in giving her guests a little extra. When we admired the décor in the home during her welcoming phone call, she was right there with directions to local antique shops. We had a great time.
Thank you, Jim for submitting such a thoughtful review. From the beginning you asked pertinent questions about the house and area that I was happy to explain. Your group was a delight to have at Li'l Blu and your kind comments are much appreciated. We are grateful for your attentiveness too and leaving our house the way you found it! Please come again and receive a returning guest discount!
Downtown Wilmington, NC; Carriage Ride; Cape Fear River; Wrightsville Beach; Carolina Beach; Kure Beach; Screen Gem Studios; River Walk; Historic houses; museums; Shopping; Antique Shops; Restaurants. Frontstreetbrewery offers great food, to eat there or take out; check their website.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
CONTACT ME (BY PHONE 434.535.2540) FOR MOST CURRENT RATES OR VISIT US AT: www.wilmington-dwtn.com NO PETS $10.00/NIGHT ADDITIONAL CLEANING FEE AFTER 3 NIGHTS TOTAL ALWAYS INCLUDES ALL utilities, wireless internet, cable, linens! Ask about: 30 Days or More AND REPEAT GUEST DISCOUNT, TOO! PLEASE BE SURE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH OUR CONTRACT/TERMS WHICH ARE UNDER "DESCRIPTION" ON THIS WEBSITE. ANY PAYMENT CONFIRMS TO US YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF ALL REQUIREMENTS.