Luxury Cabin on 30 Wooded Acres. 1 Mi. from Carbondale, Il & Siuc Campus(24 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Well-furnished cabin with one bedroom and loft with 2 beds nestled in the woods
Secluded cabin on 30 wooded acres with lots of wildlife and access to pond for canoeing. King-size bed in master bedroom and a full and twin on antique frame in the loft. 47-inch flat screen TV with full satellite package, a vintage 1970s pinball machine, outdoor furnished deck and firepit, horshoe pits and blacktop drive with ample parking. All-inclusive and well-furnished with everything you need. Just bring personal hygiene items and you are good to go! KEY WORDS: Southern Illinois Cabins for rent, cabin rentals in southern illinois, Southern Illinois cabin Rentals, giant city state park cabins, southern illinois lodging, southern illinois bed and breakfast, southern illinois vacation rentals, southern illinois wineries, southern illinois cabin rentals, cabins southern illinois, rental cabins southern illinois, garden of the gods illinois cabin, lodging southern illinois, Southern IL Cabin near Shawnee National Forest, Giant city cabin rentals, cabin close to carbondale il, Cabins on Southern Il Wine trail, lodging close to SIU, Southern Illinois House Cabin, cabin rental located in Southern Illinois, vacation rental cabins bordering Shawnee National Forest, Vacation Rental Cabins in Southern Illinois, Cabin rental in Southern Illinois's Shawnee national forest, Southern Illinois Wine Trail, Southern IL Cabin on Wine Trail 3 day limit for holidays, SIU events, Christmas, thanksgiving, etc. on all cabins if you have questions call 618 924 3100 CABIN 2 AND 3 RATES ARE $100/ NIGHT WEEKDAYS AND $125/NIGHT WEEKENDS. 2 NIGHT STAY REQUIRED OR A SURCHARGE OF $20.00 FOR ONE NIGHT. cabin by the pond LLC is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or death occurring while staying at the cabins. You swim at your own risk. cabins 2 and three rates $100 weekdays $125 weekends per night homecomming 10/24/2015
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
618 924 3100
Member since: 2012
- 816 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Full bath with washer & dryer.
- Cabin 2 is on a 30 acre wooded parcel of land. It is on a dead-end road with no thru traffic. There are deer, turkey, possum, raccoon and many other forms of wildlife. It's great for nature & forest lovers. CABIN BY THE POND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES YOU OCCUR WHILE STAYING AT THE CABINS...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2017 SOLAR EPLS 8 PERSON LIMIT
Aug 18 - Aug 21, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Pet Fee $25
- Tax Rate 11%
* Weeknights - $125 per night + 11% tax (2 night minimum or $25 surcharge for single night)
* Weekend nights -$150 per night + 11% tax (2 night minimum stay or $25 surcharge for single night)
* For extended stays, rates are negotiable. 3 night minimum stay for all SIU events, hunting season, and all holidays
* SIU Parents Weekend, Homecoming Weekend, Graduations, DuQuion State Fair Weekends, and major holidays (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc) require a three night stay MINIMUM (contact us to request exceptions).
* CABIN MUST BE LEFT IN THE CONDITION THAT YOU FOUND IT WHEN YOU ARRIVED. IF THE CABIN IS LEFT IN DISARRAY OR THERE ARE DAMAGED ITEMS YOU WILL BE CHARGED.
* We also have a 2015 RV that sleeps four available for rent. Call 618-924-3100 for information.
* Please call 618-924-3100 with any questions.
* Cabin by the Pond LLC is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or death occurring while staying at the cabins. You swim at your own risk. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT BEING TAKEN AT THIS TIME AND FEES HAVE NOT BEEN ESTABLISHE FOR THE 2017 SOLAR ECLIPSE. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ME REGARDING THE SOLAR ECLIPSE DATES.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cabin by the Pond Is located within 15 miles Of 12 wineries on the Shawnee Wine Trail. Giant City State Park is seven miles south with 80 foot rock bluffs, an excellent dining room, rock-climbing & hiking trails. Little Grand Canyon is ten Miles to the east. There are four lakes within eight miles for swimming, fishing, skiing, diving and boating. Lake Kinkaid is 15 miles west for fishing and water-skiing. Arnold's Market, a country grocery, is two miles from cabin with local produce & an excellent meat department. A farmer's market is available in town on Saturdays. The campus of Southern Illinois University, is just minutes away (1 mile) & downtown Carbondale, IL is five minutes away. The cabin is located on 30 wooded acres with two ponds. No fishing license is required on property. Blacktop drive with plenty of parking. A Dungeons And Dragons themed kids park is minutes away, free to the public.
Why the Owner Chose Carbondale, IL, USA:
Property is on 30 wooded acres 1/2 mile from city limits, 1 mile from Southern Illinois University campus. No thru-traffic and very private wooded grounds.
- Primary: 618 924 3100
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Pond on property with fishing and canoe available.
twin bed in loft
fire pit (wood available)
Local wildlife travelling between two ponds on property.
Cedar Lake, 5 miles from cabin.
which way to go!
kitchen from loft
full bed in loft
Pond with canoe available. (no charge)
Cedar Lake, 5 miles from cabin.
Vintage 1970s pinball machine.
from front door
front view cabin
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 08, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.