Charming Rustic Cabin in the Tobacco Root Mountains(1 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 Bedroom, 3 Bath, With Dynamic Views And Privacy
Perfect for a family vacation or a large or small group of friends, Elk Hills Haven is well located for fishing, hunting, hiking, swimming, golfing, ATVing and so much more. There's national forest only minutes from the property. The western town of Ennis, Montana has a golf course, fly shops, library with free wifi, hospital, restaurants, art galleries and kid fishing at Lions Park. The Madison River area is known for great fly fishing on the Madison River and on numerous other lakes and streams. The surrounding area is one of the most wildlife rich areas known in the lower 48 states. Yellowstone National Park is an easy 70 miles south.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 16
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 14-16
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Elk Hills Haven is at the foot of the Tobacco Root Mountains up South Meadow Creek with the creek actually running through the property. Ennis Lake and the Madison River are only minutes away, providing great fishing and water recreating opportunities for the whole family. If history is your passion take a 30 minute drive to historic Virginia City and tour the town in a horse drawn wagon. Listed as a state historic site, there are daily tours available along with two play house venues and panning for garnets available nearby. The charming rustic town of Ennis is only 15 minutes from Elk Hills Haven. There you can enjoy a round of golf, great dining, art galleries and shopping, a new library and hospital and several terrific fly fishing shops. Known for the phenomenal fly fishing on the Madison River, you can easily book a float trip with some of the best fishing guides in the industry. Madison County is also known for its great elk, deer and antelope hunting so plan early!...moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Jun 17, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 2 - Nov 4, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $600
- Tax Rate 7%
We take personal checks, money orders, VISA, MC or Discover.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Located in Southwestern Montana, 10 miles south of Ennis, Elk Hills Haven is only 60 miles from the town of Bozeman, known for The Museum of the Rockies and its one of a kind dinosaur collection from Eastern Montana and beyond. Yellowstone National Park is an easy hour and a half away to the South. The drive is absolutely stunning as you follow the Madison River and travel past Hebgen and Quake Lakes. Cliff and Wade Lakes are along the way as well, about 20 minutes from the highway. The town of Ennis is quite quaint but don't let that fool you. There is world class dining to be found at the Continental Divide and Banditos Restaurant. Local artists work can be found at the Depot Gallery, along with many others. If fishing is your passion you've come to the right place. The Madison River is known world wide for its phenomenal fishing.
Lovely large home with ample room and deck looking across at Ennis Lake
Large living room with fireplace
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, April 14, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.