There's something for everyone at the 'Northern JEM,' a 1-bed, 1-bath Bovey vacation rental cabin with loft, that comfortably sleeps up to 7 guests! Boasting a private dock on 300 feet of shoreline, this cozy abode, brimming with amenities, provides travelers with the perfect home base for easy access to water skiing, fishing, boating, and much more. You're also close to hiking and golfing, along with the shops and restaurants of Grand Rapids! Plan your trip to this waterfront haven today!
Bedroom: Queen Bed | Loft: Queen Bed, 3 Twin Beds | Additional Sleeping: Queen Air Mattress, Couch
Comfortable furnishings and tasteful rustic decor create the quintessential north woods cabin experience! With a no-fuss style and numerous amenities, this home is bound to make you feel comfortable in its 1,250-square-foot interior.
In the early spring or fall, build a fire in the wood-burning stove to enhance the cozy atmosphere. A leather couch and chair, along with a 50" flat-screen TV equipped with a DVD player, let you relax in comfort in the open-concept living area.
True convenience is found in the fully equipped kitchen complete with modern appliances and ample counter space. Use the gas grill to make meal preparation even easier! Enjoy your culinary creations around the expandable dining table, or dine al fresco at the picnic table, or on the deck by the dock, weather permitting!
Take advantage of the private dock to sunbathe and swim! Cast a fishing line from the dock and there's a good chance you will land sunfish, crappies, perch, bluegills and an occasional bass. Launch the 2 kayaks or canoe if you are searching for walleye or northern pike, or to just enjoy time on the water.
After a day of fun, listen to the loons call while sitting around a bonfire. The peacefulness of the north woods will make sleeping easy in the main floor bedroom, furnished with a queen-sized bed. The rest of the group will find comfortable sleeping accommodations in the beautifully furnished loft, complete with a bird's-eye view of the cabin's first floor
Nestled on 2 acres, this charming cabin provides guests with that far-away feeling while still being close to a host of outdoor adventures and Grand Rapids' metropolitan luxuries and attractions!
Wake up early to catch the sunrise on Trout Lake before spending a day on the water! Take time to watch the local bald eagles catch fish to feed to their young - all right next to the dock. A water skier's and boater's dream, the lake is 4.5 miles long, providing hours of fun! At the end of the day, tie your watercraft to the home's private dock. The public boat launch located at the north end of the lake, with easy access off of Highway 169.
Explore the spectacular “Edge of the Wilderness” National Scenic Byway that begins in Grand Rapids and ends 41 miles north in Effie. The winding road takes you by pristine lakes, over rolling hills, and through majestic forests, creating a scenic drive for everyone. If you're looking for more adventure, hike and mountain bike the Chippewa National Forest or Suomi Trails, both within a short drive of the cabin. There's plenty of outdoor recreation, interpretive sites, and other exciting opportunities awaiting you!
Visit Mt. Itasca, home to the U.S. Junior National Biathlon team! Only one of only a few ski jumps in the US that is equipped for summer training. It is quite a sight to see jumpers practicing on a hot day in July! The area also offers paved trails for roller-blading, hiking, and biking.
Take a night off from cooking to dine at the Saw Mill Inn or pick up pasties, a meat and veggie filled pastry, from Pasties Plus. These pastries are considered some of the best in the country! Plus, check out Judy Garland's birthplace, exhibits at the Itasca County Museum, and the Forest History Center, which shares the story of Minnesota’s logging industry.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, private dock, canoe, 2 kayaks, life jackets (infant to adult sizes), a wood-burning stove (firewood provided), gas grill, picnic table, 50" flat-screen TV with antennae and DVD player, fresh towels, ample parking, and so much more!
- Lakefront Grand Rapids area location- Enjoy everything from fishing and swimming to boating and water skiing while staying at this ideal rental property on Trout Lake! Additionally, you're close to outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and golfing, along with the shops and restaurants of Grand Rapids.
- Nearest Regional Airport: Range Regional Airport, 11038 MN-37, Hibbing, MN 55746 (~35.5 miles)
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Duluth International Airport, 4701 Grinden Dr, Duluth, MN (~ 74.5 miles)
- No smoking in the cabin (Smoking outside is permitted with proper clean up of cigarette remains to avoid an additional cleaning fee)
- Pet allowed with fee (If more than two pets, please contact Evolve)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in