When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This Penthouse Residence is located on the private top floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe.
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the first and only AAA Five Diamond mountain hotel in California. Located mid-mountain at Northstar and offering unparalleled luxury, service and convenience during all four seasons, this is a property for those that desire the ultimate getaway or family vacation.
The hotel, built in 2009, features beautiful architecture throughout. Amenities include a 17,000 square foot spa/fitness center, exceptional dining options at Manzanita and the Backyard BBQ, a wonderful children's program, and much more. Located steps away is a seasonal gondola that takes you to the Village at Northstar that features a 9,000 square foot ice skating rink during winter (roller skating during summer), and a variety of dining, entertainment and shopping options.
During the winter season, experience the convenience of ski-in/ski-out luxury in the middle of the mountain at Northstar. Your boots will be waiting for you at the ski concierge, with your ski’s and poles placed for you on the snow so that you can ski directly onto the mountain in moments.
During the summer months, Northstar and the Lake Tahoe area serve as an incredible outdoor family playground. Hike right out the backdoor, or take a 15-minute drive to the Lake where opportunities abound. Two championship golf courses are a short drive away.
This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom Penthouse includes twice daily housekeeping every day, including turndown service every evening, and features:
• Beautifully appointed accommodations for up to eight guests including two Master Suites, one with a king bed and private bathroom and one with two queen beds and a private bathroom, and one kids room featuring bunk beds and an additional full bathroom.
• The two master bathrooms feature extensive use of granite, two sinks, and feature heated floors and plunge showers.
• Luxury kitchen with granite countertops, Sub Zero refrigerator and wine chiller, Wolf range, oven and convection microwave with second wall mounted Wolf oven, built in Miele espresso machine, Miele dishwasher, purified drinking water dispenser with instant hot water, quiet closing kitchen drawers. The kitchen is fully equipped with appliances including a Kuerig coffee machine with dozens of complementary coffee/tea/hot chocolate pods, Cuisinart blender and toaster, and the comprehensive Ritz-Carlton cookware, dishware, flatware and glassware package.
• Living room/Dining room features beautiful hardwood wood floors, floor to ceiling windows and includes dining for six with additional counter seating for four. New office alcove features a custom made desk and HP Officejet 6830 color printer/scanner/copier.
• Premium entertainment package includes: Four flat screen HDTVs, premium cable TV with over 150 channels including HBO, Showtime, ESPN and more, blu-ray disc/DVD, Apple TV with streaming Netflix movies in the living room, and Sonos sound system with over 100,000 radio stations/podcasts/shows available in all three bedrooms, two master bathrooms, and living/dining room (accessible via a free app on an iphone or android device).
• Cordless resort phone in the kitchen connects you to concierge, room service and key hotel amenities. Cordless telephones in all bedrooms feature unlimited free calling in the United States.
• Laundry room with high efficiency washer and dryer.
• Located at the end of the Penthouse floor hallway for great privacy and fast access down to the Highlands gondola (which provides a free eight minute ride to/from the Village at Northstar).
• Access to all resort amenities and services including access to the ski concierge, outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, spa’s relaxation area with sauna, steam room, 24-hour access to the fitness center, 24-hour access to the business center, and more.
Recent resort accolades include:
• AAA Five Diamond
• 'The World's Best Hotels', Travel+Leisure
• 'Top 10 Ski Hotels', Condé Nast Traveler
• 'Best Hotels in the USA' & 'Best Hotel in Lake Tahoe', U.S. News “Top 100 Resort Spas in the U.S.”, Condé Nast Traveler
• The Ritz-Carlton and The Ritz-Carlton Residences are registered trademarks of the The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
• Copyright 2014-2016 California Realty Services LLC. All rights reserved.
We're a family of four -- with a mom who appreciates luxury and superior services, a dad who enjoys comfort and convenience, two boys who love to ski during the winter, and everyone who enjoys boating, waterskiing and biking during the summer -- and swimming (and the spa) year round. Plus, we all love marshmellows.
Aaron purchased this condo in 2014
We've been lucky enough to travel extensively, and we couldn't find another place anywhere that had the combination of incredible mid-mountain location, luxury, convenience, spa/fitness facilities, dining, service and more.
We can enjoy a relaxing family breakfast in our unit in the morning, ski through lunch during the winter or bike during the summer, enjoy a bite to eat at the the Backyard BBQ, enjoy spa time in the afternoon, take the gondola to the village for some ice skating (roller skating during the summer) or shopping, enjoy delicious complementary marshmallows and s'mores, let our kids have time in the game room while we have a drink in the lobby bar, and spend the evening playing games or watching a movie together in our unit... all without ever getting in our car.
From soup to nuts this was simply the single best experience with an owner we have had and the place itself was even better!!!...Perfect for our family 5. The residence was specatcular and at the same time and we felt relaxed like we were at home. The owners had literally thought of everything and we will not hesitate to return. If we could give 6 stars we would.
We were able to relax and also do a ton of fun things and the staff at the property were attentive without being overbearing.
My Family and I were looking for a nice place to spend Thanksgiving 2015. I found this and thought it was a little too expensive. I searched and searched and kept coming back to this Property. I decided to Splurge and treat my family and myself to something nice.. WOW! Nice doesn't even come close to describe it. Amazing, Spectacular, Crème de la Crème! Would be a better description. This had EVERYTHING! The owner Aaron is Great and easy to work with, and has taken all the hard work out of renting. This had everything we needed and more. We were even able to cook a Full Thanksgiving Feast. The Ritz Accommodations are top notch. Ski-In Ski-Out is literally what it means, then they valet your board or skis and even put your boots on warmers for you. Anything you need just ask, The Ritz and this Property has Everything you and your family or friends could possibly need. One lesson I learned is that the Ritz has its own Lift ticket sales and board rentals, no need to go to the village and wait 2 hours in lines to get what you need! Must Do's: If you have kids do the free S'mores at 4:30, Use the floor warmers in the bathrooms, call valet before you go ski or snowboard and they will have you stuff waiting for you in the snow ready to strap in and go, get access to the club lounge for at least 1 day! This went down as the Best Thanksgiving my Family has had.. :) The Collins Clan will be Back!
Thank you Aaron,
Joe Collins & Family 2015
This was absolutely the most relaxing vacation our family has ever been on. We travel quite a bit, this penthouse takes the cake! Breathtaking views, impeccable clean, spacious and comfortable. You seriously never have to get in your car, the owners have thought of everything. The Ritz is 5 star property, and it shows. Never once will you be let down with a request or question. From the spa / workout facility to the pool/ fire pits you'll be pleasantly surprised everyday. This is the place to be for a well rested vacation, you cannot go wrong. We traveled with teenagers, we all agreed on one thing, this place is fabulous. The restaurants are outstanding, and cooking in was great too. We highly recommend this penthouse, as the owners make it magical. They have thought of everything! For a vacation any season, this is the place to be. Spectacular any time of the year!
This review took me way too long to write, but I had to come back and do it because we had such a great experience! My son had been bugging me to take him to an event held at the lake last summer and I am sure glad he did! We were able to join with another family in staying at this truly amazing place.
I have stayed at other Ritz properties and this one was absolutely the best.
The penthouse itself is extremely nice and well thought out. You can tell the owners takes a great deal of pride in keeping everything immaculate.
The onsite food and drinks were great. I especially enjoyed the pool side service from the outdoor restaurant while I watched the kids swim and then enjoy the smores by the fire pit.
I highly recommend this property for family's looking for the ultimate vacation, you can't go wrong.
I look forward to returning this Winter with the rest of my family.
A few couples / friends shared this fabulous penthouse for a long weekend and we were all knocked out. Upon arrival we were greeted by the very friendly Ritz-Carlton staff. It wasn't that "forced" friendliness. These folks actually cared about our entire experience. The Penthouse experience could not have been better. All the bedrooms have luxurious beds , and, for those of us who appreciate a good night's sleep, the firm yet soft down pillow was exquisite. No need to carry your own. The kitchen has everything you need for your inner chef (and baker), the living room is great for relaxing, lounging, reading and playing to your heart's content.
Then, of course, the Ritz property is an experience itself. Wonderful walks in and around the property and adjacent woods, a great place to share a few bottles of wine with good friends and enjoy a sumptuous dinner.
When you are ready to splurge with a loved one or a few friends, you've got to come here. If cheap is what you are looking for, this is not for you. If treating yourself and others to an experience that you will all remember, and one that will tempt you to return again and again, this is the place for you.
Great family friendly resort. Lots of activities for adults and kids alike. I've been at this property three times during the summer and winter. Easy access to North Star village via gondolas, arcade for kids, heated pool, spa, workout room, lifts right outside your door and friendly service. Can't wait to go up again.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Ski Week 2017
Feb 17 2017 - Feb 26 2017
1 night minimum stay
Dec 15 2017 - Jan 1 2018
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
|Refundable damage deposit||$2,500|
Payment is due at time of reservation. Full refund if cancellations occurs at least 90 days in advance of occupancy. 50% refund if cancellation occurs between 60-89 days prior to occupancy. 25% refund if cancellation occurs 30-59 days prior to occupancy. No refund if cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to occupancy.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.