Penthouse Residence, the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe - Ultimate Luxury & Service(18 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Hotel
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8, Living/Dining Room, Decks, 1863 Sq Ft
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the first and only AAA Five Diamond mountain hotel in California. Located mid-mountain at Northstar and offering unparalleled luxury, service and convenience during all four seasons, this is a property for those that desire the ultimate getaway or family vacation.
The hotel, built in 2009, features beautiful architecture throughout. Amenities include a 17,000 square foot spa/fitness center, exceptional dining options at Manzanita and the Backyard BBQ, a wonderful children's program, and much more. Located steps away is a seasonal gondola that takes you to the Village at Northstar that features a 9,000 square foot ice skating rink during winter (roller skating during summer), and a variety of dining, entertainment and shopping options.
During the winter season, experience the convenience of ski-in/ski-out luxury in the middle of the mountain at Northstar. Your boots will be waiting for you at the ski concierge, with your ski’s and poles placed for you on the snow so that you can ski directly onto the mountain in moments.
During the summer months, Northstar and the Lake Tahoe area serve as an incredible outdoor family playground. Hike right out the backdoor, or take a 15-minute drive to the Lake where opportunities abound. Two championship golf courses are a short drive away.
This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom Penthouse includes twice daily housekeeping every day, including turndown service every evening, and features:
• Beautifully appointed accommodations for up to eight guests including two Master Suites, one with a king bed and private bathroom and one with two queen beds and a private bathroom, and one kids room featuring bunk beds and an additional full bathroom.
• The two master bathrooms feature extensive use of granite, two sinks, and feature heated floors and plunge showers.
• Luxury kitchen with granite countertops, Sub Zero refrigerator and wine chiller, Wolf range, oven and convection microwave with second wall mounted Wolf oven, built in Miele espresso machine, Miele dishwasher, purified drinking water dispenser with instant hot water, quiet closing kitchen drawers. The kitchen is fully equipped with appliances including a Kuerig coffee machine with dozens of complementary coffee/tea/hot chocolate pods, Cuisinart blender and toaster, and the comprehensive Ritz-Carlton cookware, dishware, flatware and glassware package.
• Living room/Dining room features beautiful hardwood wood floors, floor to ceiling windows and includes dining for six with additional counter seating for four. New office alcove features a custom made desk and HP Officejet 6830 color printer/scanner/copier.
• Premium entertainment package includes: Four flat screen HDTVs, premium cable TV with over 150 channels including HBO, Showtime, ESPN and more, blu-ray disc/DVD, Apple TV with streaming Netflix movies in the living room, and Sonos sound system with over 100,000 radio stations/podcasts/shows available in all three bedrooms, two master bathrooms, and living/dining room (accessible via a free app on an iphone or android device).
• Cordless resort phone in the kitchen connects you to concierge, room service and key hotel amenities. Cordless telephones in all bedrooms feature unlimited free calling in the United States.
• Laundry room with high efficiency washer and dryer.
• Located at the end of the Penthouse floor hallway for great privacy and fast access down to the Highlands gondola (which provides a free eight minute ride to/from the Village at Northstar).
• Access to all resort amenities and services including access to the ski concierge, outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, spa’s relaxation area with sauna, steam room, 24-hour access to the fitness center, 24-hour access to the business center, and more.
Recent resort accolades include:
• AAA Five Diamond
• 'The World's Best Hotels', Travel+Leisure
• 'Top 10 Ski Hotels', Condé Nast Traveler
• 'Best Hotels in the USA' & 'Best Hotel in Lake Tahoe', U.S. News “Top 100 Resort Spas in the U.S.”, Condé Nast Traveler
• The Ritz-Carlton and The Ritz-Carlton Residences are registered trademarks of the The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
• Copyright 2014-2017 California Realty Services LLC. All rights reserved.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- On floor 6
- 1863 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Key access to private top floor with residences
- Max. occupancy 8
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 15 - Jan 1, 2018
1 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Refundable Damage Deposit $2,500
- Tax Rate 12%
Payment is due at time of reservation. Full refund if cancellations occurs at least 90 days in advance of occupancy. 50% refund if cancellation occurs between 60-89 days prior to occupancy. 25% refund if cancellation occurs 30-59 days prior to occupancy. No refund if cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to occupancy.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: We're a family of four -- with a mom who appreciates luxury and superior services, a dad who enjoys comfort and convenience, two boys who love to ski during the winter, and everyone who enjoys boating, waterskiing and biking during the summer -- and swimming (and the spa) year round. Plus, we all love marshmellows.
Why the Owner Chose Truckee, CA, USA:
We've been lucky enough to travel extensively, and we couldn't find another place anywhere that had the combination of incredible mid-mountain location, luxury, convenience, spa/fitness facilities, dining, service and more.
The Unique Benefits at this Hotel:
We can enjoy a relaxing family breakfast in our unit in the morning, ski through lunch during the winter or bike during the summer, enjoy a bite to eat at the the Backyard BBQ, enjoy spa time in the afternoon, take the gondola to the village for some ice skating (roller skating during the summer) or shopping, enjoy delicious complementary marshmallows and s'mores, let our kids have time in the game room while we have a drink in the lobby bar, and spend the evening playing games or watching a movie together in our unit... all without ever getting in our car.
- Primary: +01 4159978793
Links to more information:
Spacious Living Room and Dining Area includes gorgeous floor to ceiling windows
Chefs kitchen includes granite counters, Wolf oven, Sub Zero refrigerator + more
Master bedroom includes beautiful gas fireplace, flat screen HDTV, and bathroom
Luxury bathrooms in both master suites feature extensive use of marble
Floor plan - although now with bunk beds in the 3rd bedroom + new dining table
The Lobby offers a relaxing environment with food & drinks to relax & socialize
Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool are perfect for year round enjoyment
State-of-the-art gym with extensive equipment and treadmills
Arcade in the hotel offers variety of games -- from air hockey to video games
Enjoy unparalleled Ritz-Carlton service with a ski concierge carrying your skis
Great skiing for all levels, with a terrain park that can't be beat
Many water sports (kayaks, boats, jet skis and more) available on the lake
Living room with gas fireplace, HDTV w/cable, Apple TV, Netflix, stereo & more
Dining area includes seating for six plus additional three seats at kitchen bar
Master bedroom #2 now includes two queen beds, flat screen HDTV, and bathroom
The ultimate kids room with bunk beds and flat screen TV with 150+ cable channel
View of trees, Highlands Gondola, turnabout, and mountains
Beautiful outdoor places to enjoy family and friends... day or night.
The world class spa features a whirlpool, sauna, steam and many treatments
The on-site Manzanita restaurant offers exceptional dining options
Make your own S'mores anytime or enjoy the daily complementary ones!
Northstar ski map
Northstar ice skating rink during winter is roller skating rink during summer
Stand up paddle boarding rentals (and more) available on the lake
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.