Cozy Lakehouse with Breathtaking Views of Lake Cumberland(35 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-4 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedroom, 1 Bath with Spectacular Lake Views during all 4 seasons
Whether you are returning to our lake house yet again or coming for the first time, we promise that this cabin will be a dream come true! It offers a romantic setting for just the 2 of you or a chance to spend some quality time together as a family.
When we were looking for a cabin on Lake Cumberland we had 3 requirements. 1) Great lake views during all 4 seasons. 2) A location that seemed secluded but was close to all that Somerset has to offer. 3) An environment that allowed us to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of daily life in order to focus on what is truly important- our marriage and our family of 4 (soon to be 5!)
This cabin is a home run if you are looking for the same things as we were. Imagine waking up in the morning to the birds chirping in the woods surrounding the cabin, fixing a cup of coffee, and relaxing on the deck that provides one of the best views you will ever experience on Lake Cumberland. Imagine opening up the windows in the sunroom and feeling the breeze coming off the lake while you relax on the couch and read a great book or take an afternoon nap. Imagine heading to a nearby restaurant in Somerset as a family and ending the day with family game night. These are memories that you will never forget and they could be your reality!
Looking for some lake activities as a family? One of the things that makes our cabin unique is not only the great 4 seasons view, but also the fact that we're located in Somerset and only 1 mile from Lee's Ford Marina, where you can fish, boat, eat, swim, and just enjoy the simple lake lifestyle.
Simply put, this cabin offers memories that you will cherish for a lifetime and will talk about for years to come!
1) Does the property have direct lake access? Since the corps of engineers took over ownership of the shorelines of Lake Cumberland decades ago in order to ensure preservation of its natural beauty, very few properties on the lake have direct lake access. Our property is no exception. Our family typically goes to nearby Lee's Ford Marina (1.5 miles away) and rents a pontoon boat to enjoy the many coves that dot the shoreline of Lake Cumberland.
2) Are particular dates available? Since we don't accept personal checks and guests pay via credit card directly through the site, the calendar is always up to date. So, if the dates are open on the calendar, they're all yours!
3) What are the closest marinas? Lee's Ford Marina is just down the road (1.5 miles) and Burnside Marina is 9 miles away. Both marinas have a boat ramp, boat rentals, restaurants, and beautiful settings.
4) Is there air conditioning in the cabin? Yes, the cabin stays cozy and comfortable with central heat and air (new unit installed in 2014)
5) How many parking spots are available? There are 2 official parking spots, and one is large enough for a boat to be parked if needed. There is also a long driveway that could be used for additional parking if needed.
6) Are your rates negotiable? Unfortunately, no. You can't put a price on great memories!
7) What is the address? The cabin is located at 464 Shoreline Dr., Somerset KY, 42503.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 750 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Cabin can sleep 4 adults comfortably with 2 kids.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Spring Long Weekend
Mar 1 - May 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Dec 1 - Feb 28, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Cleaning Fee $75
- Tax Rate 10%
1) 100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
2) If cancelled with less than 30 days notice all of security deposit is forfeited
3) Minimum stay notes: There is a standard minimum stay of 3 nights. However, during peak Lake Season (June 1 - August 15) the minimum stay is 4 nights. Thank you!
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
One of the unique qualities of our cabin is its location. You will feel like you are in the middle of nowhere when in fact you have access to anything you or your family would desire to do. We're just down the street from Lee's Ford Marina and Restaurant and very close to shopping, movie theaters, and other restaurants.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We are a family of 4 (soon to be 5!) who use our cabin to detach from the busyness of life. Once we enter through the doors, it seems like all the cares of life fall away. We have created some of the most special family memories within the 4 walls of our cozy cabin.
Why the Owner Chose Somerset, KY, USA:
We looked at countless cabins on Lake Cumberland before buying this one. It offered 2 main things that stood out among all the rest. 1) Amazing lake views- Not just great lake views during the fall and winter, but just as good of views during the seasons we would use it most, Spring and Summer. 2) Location- Some of the other cabins were great, but they were in the middle of nowhere and did not offer a close place to get something to eat or watch a movie as a family. This cabin feels like it's in the middle of nowhere but in actuality is close to anything you could want.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Year round lake views, serene environment, and location, location, location.
- Primary: 8438193283
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.