A poolside villa, newly built to a high standard with all the comforts for modern living and charm of the traditional Tuscan style. Two adjoining double bedrooms with air conditioning and bathroom with shower complete the first floor layout. On the ground floor there is a large open plan kitchen/living area. The family kitchen is well equipped and there are two comfortable sofas in the lounge area. Outside there is a private terrace with table and chairs, gas bbq, big wood bbq, and great access to the pool. Large garden at disposal, with stunning view. This accommodation is higly recomended for families or couples.
2 Bedrooms, 1 bathroom Perfect for couples or families 5 minutes from towncentre
- english, french, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 29, 2018
Why Sara Giovanni chose Volterra
The house is perfect for a family holiday, just five minutes from Volterra towncentre but totally immersed in the woodland. Pool and Jacuzzy at your disposal, shared with the upper house that accomodate up to four in case you wish to holidaying with friends. Modern confort and Tuscan tradition. Florence, Siena and Pisa are in one hour distance by car, and San Gimignano just fourty minutes, so this is the perfect base to explore Tuscany. Volterra itself is a charming ancient town, through the year there are many food and music festivals, and there is always something to discover thanks to the aboundance of historical buildings and ruins. Seaside is within fourty minutes driving, and the amazing Etruscan Cost is in just one hour far. A long list of activities to do in the sourrounding area: Horse riding, trekking and walking percourses in natural reserves, and food and wine course.
What makes this Farmhouse unique
A unique frame for a unique place. Pool and jacuzzy immersed in a countryside frame, with amazing landscape.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Pretty setting but several issues and uncomfortable accommodations
Several issues made it difficult for us to enjoy our time here, so much so that we left two days early. It's fair for guests know these in advance, especially since they are not described on VRBO and are contrary to the description of a “high standard” accommodation with “all the comforts of modern living.”
• The drive to the property includes a section that is unlit, narrow, on gravel, with a drop on one side, i.e., not a regular "country road” given the drop.
• Outside of a few motion-activated lights (i.e., turn on as you walk by, do not stay on), the lights in the pool area were on a timer that required us to hold a device and push its button every 5 min. to turn them back on.)
• Outside of two motion-activated lights on the lawn area around it, the Jacuzzi area itself had no lights, including no lights inside the Jacuzzi and no decorative lights on the wall. The VRBO photos of this aren't accurate, e.g., one of them shows the Jacuzzi in an open area, while it does have a roof.
• We were quoted an additional 40 euro a day to heat the Jacuzzi. The water was mildly warm the first night, after 5 hours of waiting, and not warm at all the second night.
• The AC turned on but its cooling system did not work.
• There were no screens in the doors, and many wasps around the house.
• The internet was spotty and there was almost no reception in the balcony. We were quoted a limit of 10 gigs for our stay (not a problem for us, but stating it in case it would be for you.)
This meant that we were restricted from going to dinner in neighboring towns (we felt it was was an unsafe drive once the sun set), we were not able to enjoy the pool area or Jacuzzi in the evenings, which was the biggest draw for us to begin with (having to press a button every 5 minutes for lights was not viable, and without lights the area was just not inviting), and we slept poorly (let wasps in along with the fresh air, or close doors but sleep in a hot room).
Sarah was very nice and responsive, but outside of making the internet work (it didn't when we arrived), she couldn't be helpful, e.g., Jacuzzi couldn't be warmer, those were the only lights. Her husband showed irritation and frustration when talking to us (spoke fast and loud, made rude comments), making it hard for us to voice our concerns.
Given these issues and considering the accommodations (tiny bathroom, one bedroom inside the other) despite the pretty setting we would have never paid above peak for this property.
Glorious Tuscany experience!
Came for a conference in Volterra and was so pleased that we found this home. I enjoyed my walk up to the walled city each morning and all of us loved getting away from the bustle to enjoy the country home and the amazing garden, jacuzzi, fire pit, and VIEWS!!! Sara was an absolute joy (excellent advice, warm presence), Antonio rescued us several times (with luggage and with our car!) and Camilla was so sweet sharing her chicken's eggs with us (hope she is enjoying her new chicks!). We highly recommend this rental and hope to return in the future.
Thank you for coming once again!
Having you all here was simply a pleasure.
We enjoyed your smiles and happyness!
Camilla loves the chiks!
Hugs and love from Volterra!1