Large House and Grounds for Groups 6 - 22 - Park HouseMultiple rentals available (2 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Park House: England Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 70650ha
Park House (sleeps 16 with extra beds) this beautiful country house has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and dining for 22+. There is the option to book Park Cottage annexe which has a further 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Surrounded by exquisite gardens and grounds this is the ideal location for a get together of family and friends for a special occasion or quality time together. Well behaved dogs are welcome.
There is lots to keep the children busy and plenty of space for the adults to relax. We have family games, croquet, table tennis, board games, badminton etc and a Wii Console and SKY TV.
Surrounded by the Somerset Levels and close to Wells and Glastonbury and Burnham on Sea there is no shortage of excellent destinations for a trip out. Cheddar Caves and Wookey Hole are also near.
We can arrange falconry, archery, ballooning, carriage riding, quiz nights, wine tasting, caricature drawing, beauty treatments all on site.
About the Property
Park Cottage Sleeps 6 in three bedrooms with 2 bathrooms
Park Cottage has two delightful bedrooms on the first floor and a ground floor bedroom plus 2 bathrooms. There is a large well equipped country kitchen/diner/sitting room which opens out on to decking and a private garden. There is furniture to dine al fresco and a barbecue. Freeview TV, DVD player and games console available. Outside are: extensive lawn and flower borders; ‘ha-ha’ with feature bridge; paddock with apples; games field; kitchen garden; garden; walled vegetable garden. Indoor and outdoor games including table tennis and badminton. There is also a childrens playground for the little ones. Pets are welcome!
We can offer beauty treatments, catering, archery, falconry, ballooning, Owl Prowl, Badger Watch and much more some of which is on site.
* We nurture some special trees;
* We keep a wild garden at the end of our paddock, which is loved by butterflies;
* Our Paddock has lots of rare cowslips
* We have three ponds that are abundantly supplied with newts, including the endangered great crested newt
* We have solar panels and a biomas boiler.
For Garden Lovers: Cossington Park's own gardens have some interesting features:
• An old and extremely rare species of Chinese Elm, brought here by the Owner's ancestors from China, believed to be the only one of its type and age in the UK (the UK's most eminent tree experts have been unable to match it exactly to any known species)
• A wide variety of old English apples trees
• Several ponds with great crested newts
• Rare cowslips
• A fine clump of lime trees
In addition there are many gardens open to the public within a day's visit from Cossington Park.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
2 Other available rentals on this property
There are no other rentals available on this property that meet your search criteria. Please update your search criteria or try another property.
There are no other rentals available on this property for your dates:
1-5 of 2
Additional information about rental rates:
- Chateau / Country House
- 500 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 12-16
- We also have an extra double sofa bed in Chaucer and two single sofa beds on Pooh Corner plus a put u up bed and three cots. We have a newly refurbished cottage on the estate with a ground floor bedroom which will sleep 6 for extra guests. Chaucer, The Nursery and The Trusty Servant are in the oldest part of the house; Jolly Monks, The Cobbler and The Pump Room are in the 1901 wing. All bedrooms overlook gardens at the front and/or rear of the house. All bedrooms are different. Chaucer is the oldest and has oak beams, a super-king-size bed, an extra sofa/day-bed, period furniture including a mahogany desk and dressing table, and a lovely bathroom. The Nursery has twin beds that can be zipped together to form a double, and a modern shower room. Jolly Monks is a large room with very large antique twin beds and huge bathroom ('Great Tom'). The Cobbler is a very sunny double room. Trusty Servant is a large double with beach beams. The Pump Room has a queen-size modern four-poster...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Very extensively equipped, e.g.: antique furniture; two TVs; two stereos; two dishwashers; two refrigerators; everything imaginable in the kitchen - if you find something we haven't thought of, we will immediately provide it; large Britannia cooker with 6-ring electric hob; indoor and outdoor games...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 22 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street
- Security System
- 2 Ring Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Housekeeper Optional
Cossington Park is located in the pretty village of Cossington in Somerset, on the edge of the Polden Hills and the Somerset Levels, between Glastonbury and Bridgwater, and just three and a half miles from the M5 motorway. Within easy access are many of the West Country's beauty spots and attractions including: Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole Caves; Dunster Castle; Exmoor, the Quantocks, Mendips and Brendon Hills; the cities of Bath and Wells; Glastonbury Priory and Tor; Longleat.
There are 228 visitor attractions on the Celebrating Somerset website, including 19 National Trust and 12 English Heritage properties in the county. Bristol is 45 minutes away and Bath just over an hour.
Other Activities: Falconry, Archery, Carriage driving; shooting; balloon rides and lots more
Golf: Excellent links course at Burnham and Berrow. Local club is Enmore Golf Club which welcomes visitors and provides an excellent parkland course. Details on other clubs in the area available on request.
Year Purchased: 1600
About: My name is Lorraine Bentley and I manage the marketing and guest care for the Owner Graham Wason. Cossington Park is his ancestral home and much loved. He now lives in Denmark and London but regularly visits Cossington Park. He reinvests any income back into the property to preserve it for future generations.
Why Taunton, UK:
This much loved ancestral home is the perfect location to relax and enjoy the 22 acres of gardens and grounds. There is plenty to keep children busy and we well come family pets to! Adults can unwind in luxurious surroundings or we can arrange falconry, archery, ballooning to mention but a few things or maybe beauty treatments for a pamper session. Catering is also available on request.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Unique location on the Somerset Levels. Surrounded by stunning scenery and close to Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole Caves, Glastonbury, Wells and Burnham on Sea.
- Primary: +44 07951256278
Links to more information:
Library/Dining Room seats 22
Extra Snug/Sitting room
Chaucer Bedroom - Park House
'Great Tom' Roll Top Bath at Park House
Dining Al Fresco at Cossington Park
Main Entrance Hall
Carriage Rides across the Levels
Your four legged friend will be welcome
Park Cottage (sleeps 6) Available for extra guests
Kitchen/dining area Park Cottage
A Park Cottage bathroom/wet room on ground floor!
Drawing Room Park House
Kitchen Park House
Jolly Monks Bedroom at Park House
Park Lawn - Park House
The White Garden Park House
Room for children to play - also games field
Falconry at Cossington Park
Large, Light Living/Dining room - Park Cottage
Hobbs Bedroom - Park Cottage
Kennedy Bedroom - Park Cottage
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.