Renovated 2,000 sq ft, 4 bed, 2.5 bath home with hints of its pre-1890s history. Prime area of Italian Village in the Short North. If you want the luxury of a home within walking distance to restaurants and beautiful Goodale Park-- this is the place for you! See Parking details below.
Columbus Convention Center- 0.6 mi
OSU Stadium- 2.5 mi
Downtown- all areas of interest are within 2.2 mi radius
Ohio Expo Center/ Fairgrounds/Maphre Crew Stadium- 2.2 mi
Schottenstein Center- 3.2 mi
Easton Mall- 10 mi
This home was re-designed for entertaining. The first floor includes includes the kitchen/dining/living room in one connected space- perfect for dinner parties, bridal showers, and gatherings. Please inquire directly if you would like to host a special event; an additional fee applies starting at $100 and will vary depending on the event. All special event details must be approved prior to stay.
The first floor has an eat-in kitchen with heated floors, granite countertops, and stainless-steel appliances. Kitchen has all things needed to cook a decent meal (pots, pans, plates, etc.) and has some basic cooking staples (ketchup, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, sugar, coffee, tea, etc.)
The adjoining dining table can seat 8 guests in addition to the seating for 4 people at the kitchen island. At the front of the house is the living room with cable TV (the only TV in the house). Around the corner, there is a queen bedroom and the half bathroom.
Right off of the kitchen door, there is the beautiful, private backyard with a lounge area and outdoor dining area. Off-street parking for 1-2 cars is available behind the garage on a concrete pad (see Getting Around section for more details).
The second floor has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and a laundry closet. The master bedroom includes a bathroom and dual closets separate from the bedroom (in case you do not want to wake your partner). The master bathroom has a heated floor, double sinks and double shower heads. The remaining 2 bedrooms have comfortable queen beds, plenty of closet space, and share a Jack-and-Jill bathroom. The bedrooms are spacious and can easily fit a pack-n-play. We provide an iron/iron board, plenty of towels, washcloths, a hair dryer, body soap, and shampoo/conditioner. Q-Tips too!
In Summary, this home sleeps up to 12 guests:
• 3 bedrooms w/ queen beds on the 2nd floor
• 1 bedroom on 1st floor w/ queen bed
• 2 Full-size futons on 1st floor in living area
• 1 Queen air mattress, please request prior
• Open floor plan with kitchen/dining/living room
• WIFI and cable provided
• Large refrigerator/freezer, microwave, slow-cooker, & gas stove/oven, pots/pans, cooking & eating utensils, plates, etc.
• Laundry closet w/ washer/dryer on 2nd floor.
• Private fenced-in backyard with lounge area and dining seating area
• OFF-street parking on a 11 x 29 ft concrete pad (fits 1 large truck) and on street parking available on both sides of Summit St. See Parking details below.
• 2-Car Garage can be added to reservation for a $50 additional fee. Please inquire directly. See Parking details below.
Please note there is exterior video surveillance- registered, paying overnight guests only.
ADDITIONAL GUEST FEES
Please note there is an additional guest fee of $75 per person per night past for the 5th guest and above. The purpose for this is so we can offer the apartment at cost effective prices to both small and large groups (for example, an apartment may be able to sleep 10+ guests but we lower the rate so 2-4 guests can rent it as well). The quote breakdown will include the additional guest fees, if applicable, when entering the number of guests and dates for your trip. All number of guests changes must be done before the start of the reservation. Please let us know if you have any questions!
You will have access to the entire home, private backyard, and parking pad in front of the garage. Garage is not included.
Hours of Access:
Check-in is 3 p.m.
Checkout is 11 a.m.
***Late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to stay.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• Housekeeping service is per stay, not per night. Additional cleaning visits can be arranged for longer stays if needed. Visits must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if visits are cancelled. Please inquire when booking.
• Pack n Play, high chair, and/or Queen air bed available upon request- please let us know your needs prior so we can prepare all the necessary items.
• Please be courteous to neighbors- Noise must be keep to a minimum after 10 p.m.
• There is no handicap access. There are two steps to enter the front of the house.
• Guests with allergies and related medical issues and/or sensitivities- cleanliness is one of our top priorities, however we cannot 100% guarantee that the apartment is free of pet dander, cigarette smoke, air fresheners/cleaning product scents, or any other elements that may trigger a medical problem or sensitivity. Please note we cannot issue refunds due to the reasons above.
The Short North Arts District is one of the Midwest’s best kept secrets. There is a huge variety of unique shops, bars and restaurants, and art galleries along High Street and a number of annual events that take place year-round. We have a thorough list of recommendations in the house to local bakeries, cafes, and restaurants.
The Short North is made up of several historic neighborhoods; this home is located in Italian Village on Summit St., between First Ave and Warren St. Just two blocks away from High Street!
Near the following:
• Restaurants- Union Café, The Eagle, Hubbard Grille, PhilCo, etc.
• Bars & breweries- The Pint House, Union Café, Bernards, etc.
• Banks- Huntington & Chase
• Grocery stores- Kroger & Giant Eagle Market Fresh (Third Ave, Grandview)
• Downtown- all areas of interest are within 2.2 mile radius!
We are right in the middle of High Street and the up-and-coming N. 4th Street. You can easily walk to dozens of restaurants and shopping. All other locations can be easily reached a number of ways:
Taxis --- Uber -- COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) bus --- CoGo (Rental Bikes) --- Car 2 Go (Car Rentals) --- CBUS circulator
About the CBUS circulator- It's FREE transportation from the Short North through downtown, all the way to German Village. Bus stops are at many points along High Street.
We are in the heart of the city so sometimes parking requires a little planning. We can assist if you have any issues!
ON-STREET PARKING- Free street parking is available permit-free right in front of the house on both sides of Summit Street and N. 4th Street. All other neighborhood streets are by permit only. Columbus meter maids love to give tickets- read the parking street signs in the downtown area!
OFF STREET PARKING- There is a concrete pad available that can fit 1 large vehicle (Large SUV/Truck size) in front of the garage accessible by the back alley. 2-car garage also available for a $50 fee . See listing photo for reference.
1. Please DO NOT park on the gravel parking space next door behind the brick duplex (“not even for two seconds”, drop offs, etc.). This is not our property and it is a very sore subject with the neighbors- they will call towing immediately. If you need to unload and the parking is taken on the concrete pad, leave your vehicle momentarily in the alley road in front of the garage (neighbors can access their home from the other alley entrance). Again, please do not park on their property under any circumstance. Help us preserve the peace!
For events/gatherings, there is a nearby parking garage that can be used in addition to metered parking and public parking.
2. Please never leave valuables in your vehicle at any time. We are not liable for the loss/theft/damage of personal belongings and/or vehicles.
• Check-in is 3 p.m.
• Checkout is 11 a.m. Late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
• No parties, strictly enforced. You will be asked to leave, no refunds.
• All guests must be paying registered guests. No additional guests allowed without prior written consent of the homeowner.
• Any evidence or smell of cigarette, marijuana, etc. inside the house will be AUTOMATIC loss of deposit. No burning of anything in the house to include candles, incense, etc.
• No confetti or glitter inside. For our cleaner’s sanity. Cleanup is additional $25 fee.
• Damaged/stained towel fee- $10/per towel. Please note that foundation makeup does not come off the white towels.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
- Lock all apartment doors and windows upon leaving.
- If you move large furniture, move it back where you found it upon departure.
- Please leave the house in the same condition you found it, i.e. do not leave the place trashed.
- Excessive garbage can be placed in the exterior trash cans (located directly under dining room windows).
• Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises of this property or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they may invite, with Homeowners consent, to use the premise.
• Any evidence of damage caused by Guests will result in additional charges to Guest, depending on the extent of damage. The Homeowner reserves the right to assess damage and charge Guest as needed.
100% of the security deposit will be refunded if no damages occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within five to seven business days. The homeowner can also manually refund it sooner upon request.