We have been working to renovate the house over the past several years, seeking to preserve historic details including 13' ceilings with plaster medallions, heart pine wood floors, cypress doors, and a 125-year old oak tree. At the same time, we updated the layout to more comfortably accommodate large groups:
* 18-person dining room table
* Oversized living room with 70-inch television, surround sound system, and Baldwin upright piano
* Private yard (1/3 acre) with fire pit, six-burner propane BBQ, outdoor table, and hammocks
* Super-fast WiFi (the top tier that Cox offers)
* Front porch (gallery) with historic gas lamps and outdoor seating
* Off-street parking for two cars and ample street parking for overflow
The house has eight bedrooms with layout as follows:
- Bedroom 1: one queen bed (semi-private bathroom - shower)
- Bedroom 2: one queen bed (ensuite bathroom - shower)
- Bedroom 3: one queen bed (ensuite bathroom - shower/tub combo)
- Bedroom 4: one double bed
- Bedroom 5: one twin bunkbed
- Bedroom 6: one king bed
- Bedroom 7: two queen beds (semi-private bathroom - shower)
- Bedroom 8: one king bed
There is another shared bathroom upstairs (near the laundry room) with a clawfoot tub-shower combination.
The caretaker's cottage may be available rent for an additional fee. It is about 350-square feet, has a queen bed, full bath (clawfoot tub/shower combo), kitchen, and washer/dryer. Please ask if you are interested in adding it.
We realize you're coming to New Orleans to have a good time and want to keep the house rules as simple and straightforward as possible. Detailed policies are available as part of the booking process, but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let us know before confirming your reservation. Here are some of the most important things to note:
* No outside music between 9:00pm and 7:00am.
* All parties and events are with prior approval only (and may incur additional fees). An "event" is considered any situation in which there are more than 20 people on the property at one-time. If you do not get pre-approval to host your event on site, you will be charged a minimum of $100 per additional person (above the 20-person limit). This isn't meant to dissuade you from having an event or party on site (we host dozens per year), but rather to encourage you to talk to us ahead of time so we can make proper arrangements for cleaning, trash, noise, security, etc.
* Maximum sleeping capacity is 18 people.
* Check in is at 4:00pm; check out is at 11:00am. Early check in and late check out may be available upon request subject to availability. We won't be able to confirm this until two (2) weeks prior to arrival, but will do our best to meet you requests.
* If the property is left excessively dirty (as determined by our property manager) you will be charged a supplemental cleaning fee between $200 and $500. That said, more than 95% of our rentals have no issue with this and receive their full security deposit back.