Covey Lodge - Cozy Hideaway: Explore Nature, Fish, Hunt, Relax
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Coleman house description
Come have a heapin, helpin of Texas hospitality. Take your shoes off, set a spell.
Get some R&R and enjoy the scenery at Kowiki Lodges. The Covey Lodge at Kowiki offers accommodations for up to 11 people (in beds) allows families and other groups to spend time with nature and (most importantly) without distraction.
Home to a humbling array of all that is wild and beautiful in the Heart of Texas. Located right in the opening breach of "Quail Alley." An idyllic setting for large populations of deer, dove, turkey and---of course---quail.
• Full kitchen & ample large living room with leather seating
• Cozy and private, but only a few minutes from the City of Coleman.
• Bass fishing in 3 fully stocked lakes (snag free area fly fishing practice!)
• Cozy patio with fire pit and comfortable chairs
• Star gazing at night…shooting stars guaranteed
• Hike or drive through the rolling hills, cacti and mesquite trees
• See and photograph deer, turkey, quail, frogs, lizards and more…all in their natural environment
• Nocturnal tours (varmint viewing / hunting is a kid favorite!)
• Wireless high speed internet
• Roaring fireplace and large screen dish TV
When the hit outdoor TV show, Cabela's Outfitter journal, went looking for a place to film their January 2006 "Texas Wild Quail" episode, they picked THIS ranch.
Said host/producer David West, "To see that many wild coveys in a day, I would have expected to be hunting a ranch four times the size---deeply rich in great wildlife habitat and management.
And plush accommodations to boot. We left impressed." - DVD's of the program available upon request.
Keywords: House, deer, dove, quail, turkey, hunting, fishing
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
- King size beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Air Conditioning
- Wood Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Mountain Biking
- Sight Seeing
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Outside of hunting seasons...$50/night/person, 2 person minimum Special rates and packages available for large groups Professionally catered meals available - Rates vary by group size Minimum $150 clean up fee Dove, quail, deer and turkey hunting packages also available during applicable seasons. See our website for more detail.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2007
About: Avid outdoorsman Phil Culberson’s dream turned into reality when he created Kowiki Lodges, an outdoor paradise in Central Texas. A retired real estate investor, Phil recognized the potential of the main lodge house sitting atop a scenic vista overlooking Coleman, Texas. The Covey lodge was purchased two years later to provide a place for smaller groups and/or families to gather.
We wanted a place where families and groups could gather to relax and spend time together in a natural environment. The Covey Lodge is an ample house with a master bedroom, three smaller bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, large kitchen, dining and living room areas. It has all the creature comforts you would find at a bed and breakfast. 500+ acres of private land provide a range of recreational possibilities.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
• Cozy and private, but only a few minutes from downtown Coleman. • Large living room with leather seating. • Roaring fireplace and large screen dish TV. • A short walk to some of the best dove fields in America. • Cozy patio with fire pit and lots of comfortable chairs. • Bass fishing in 3 fully stocked lakes. • 4 Bedrooms with a total of 10 beds, including master suite with King bed. • Hike or drive through the rolling hills, cacti and mesquite trees • See and photograph deer, turkey, quail, frogs, lizards and more…all in their natural environment • Nocturnal tours (varmint viewing / hunting is a kid favorite!)
- Primary: 770-364-3733 Phil Culberson / owner
- Secondary: 855-44-QUAIL
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fishing Theme Bedroom
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Saturday, August 10, 2013