Carolina's Cliffs at Glassy Luxury Mountain Home
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Landrum chateau / country house description
Designed for the lay of the land, this architecturally detailed home takes advantage of breathtaking rear views. It is located near the Clubhouse and Golf course. It has a welcoming stone entry with breezeway and flagstone steps to a two car garage. It is reminiscent of an old, Italian farmhouse but with a modern floor plan, the natural environment mingles with everyday life inside by the use of lots of windows, French doors, porches and patios. An extremely open floor plan makes entertaining easy and promotes alfresco dining.
All common rooms are grouped for convenience. The master suite is located on the main floor, where the great room is open to the kitchen and dining room. The great room features hardwood floors, decorative ceiling, dramatic stone fireplace and abundant glasswork.
The kitchen reflects a rural, European ambiance with an butcher-block island and vegetable sink. Also featured are Paneled SubZero refrigerator/freezer, Asko dishwasher, gas Viking Range, microwave, trash compactor, spacious pantry. The utility room features lots of windows, beadboard wainscoating, Corian countertops and Asko washer/dryer.
The Luxurious master suite features his/her walk-in closets, split vanities and dressing table, glass enclosed shower, soaking tub with handheld faucet and separate watercloset.
The other three bedroom suites are located on the lower level, each with walk-in closets, spacious dimensions and captivating views. The comfortable, inviting family room features a large screen TV, a wetbar and mini refrigerator. There is also a small wine tasting room with wine refrigerator and French doors. You walk out to the covered porch with amazing valley views.
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Chateau / Country House
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Communal Pool:
- Hot Tub
2013 rates: Unaccompanied: $200 + tax. Play ok after 1 pm. Accompanied by Owner (if in the area): $50.00 + $22.00 cart fees = $72.00+tax Course is closed on Mondays. Club Rental Costs are $75....moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
Clubhouse with amazing golf course Tennis facility Fitness and Wellness Center Sunset Pavilion Trail system Glassy Chapel Reciprocity w/6-7 other Cliffs Communities Clubs within 50 mile radius...moreless
- Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Climbing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- The Cliffs at Glassy offers unequaled luxury living in the Carolinas and has set the bar for all of The Cliffs Communities to follow. Located on the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway, The Cliffs at Glassy extends 3,500 acres at 3,200 feet above sea level on Glassy Mountain, one of South Carolinas natural landmarks. Undoubtedly the most prestigious South Carolina mountain real estate, The Cliffs at Glassy offers a spaciousness and tranquility unmatched in the Southeast that is private and pristine with dense groves of mountain laurel, deer, turkey, and an occasional red fox or coyote. The cool, dove-gray granite rocks reflect the sun. The Cliffs at Glassy has a love affair with nature that draws families to this luxurious South Carolina residential community. The Tom Jackson golf course, named Fourth Most Scenic in the Nation by Golf Digest, behind only Cypress Point, Pebble Beach and Augusta National, weaves its way like a lush ribbon through dense hardwoods, dotted with incredible homes and home sites. The Cliffs at Glassy offers the passionate golfer the ultimate experience. It is the only mountaintop course with bentgrass from tees to greens and possesses fifteen holes that offer 75-mile views. An amenities suite designed by architectural, land planning, and ecological experts makes The Cliffs at Glassy an icon for gracious living, while also offering the very best in South Carolina residential real estate. Amongst the many amenities at Glassy, enjoy the Sunset Pavilion with your friends and a glass of wine; take a swim at the Olympic sized swimming pool at the Wellness center with: • 4 lighted tennis courts •Fitness room, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, stair climbers, rower, stationary cycles, strength conditioning machines and free weights •Functional training area •Group exercise room with Pavigym shock-absorbent flooring, classroom space for seminars •Private men’s and women’s locker rooms •Olympic-size outdoor swimming pool •Outdoor cabana, grill and bathhouse •Spa services including massages, facials, reiki, and more •Wellness services including personal training, body age assessments, nutrition and lifestyle consultations, sports performance programs, orthotics, and more. The trail system is extensive: You are surrounded by literally hundreds of hiking, biking and walking trails. There are 13 state parks, three national forests and one national park just outside of the Cliffs communities, and more than 1,300 acres of protected parks inside. Renew your vows or get married in the Glassy Chapel which stands cliffside on one of the highest points atop Glassy Mountain, boasting 75-mile views out into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains! Enjoy reciprocity with all Cliffs communities within a 50 mile radius, including golf at Cliffs Valley, Cliffs Mountain Park, Keowee Springs, Keowee Falls, Vineyards and Walnut Cove. Downtown Greenville is just 30 miles away with many fine dining establishments. Blue Ridge Parkway is just a short drive away. Asheville is only 45 min - 1 hr away. Hendersonville is 16 miles away. Visit Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park, US 64-74 Hwy, Lake Lure, NC 28746 for the most amazing climbing! It is about 29 miles or 1 hr from Glassy. From atop Chimney Rock, an ancient monolith soaring 1,200ft above the valley floor, guests can see more than 75 miles across Lake Lure, the Blue Ridge Mountains and Carolina Piedmont. Go boating, fishing, swimming, skiing on lake Lure or Lake Keowee! Go tubing or river rafting on one of the Carolinas' exciting rivers! Go to: http://www.cliffscommunities.com/communities/mountain/the-cliffs-at-glassy/ ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Fall/leaf chg / Holidays
Oct 16 - Dec 26, 2013
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
3 nights minimum;
Fully refundable Security deposit: $500
Departure clean fee: $300
South Carolina hospitality and sales tax is applicable, if any.
50% to hold booking dates, balance is due 35 days prior to arrival.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Greenville-46 mins,Asheville-50min,Charlotte-90min at Landrum
- Nearest Motorway: I-25 at 11.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Myrtle Beach - 4.5 hours at 267 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: At Glassy clubhouse at 0.05 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Sapphire Valley, 1.5 hours west at 65 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Within the Glassy community at 0.05 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: At Glassy clubhouse at 0.05 Miles
Year Purchased: 2002
About: Florida-born Fred truly enjoys golfing with good friends and business associates. Fred lives at sea level in SW Florida and has always vacationed in South and North Carolina and a few years ago, he decided to acquire a second home in the Carolinas and picked the Cliffs at Glassy. The reasons he did so are due to the cool mountain air as well as the incredible mountain views!
Location, location, location! The Cliffs at Glassy offers the passionate golfer the ultimate experience. It is the only mountaintop course with bentgrass from tees to greens and possesses fifteen holes that offer 75-mile views. Here you will find the perfect combination of nature and civilization; it is why both the largest documented American Chestnut tree and the fourth most scenic golf course in America call Glassy home. Enjoy reciprocity with all Cliffs communities within a 50 mile radius, including golf at Cliffs Valley, Cliffs Mountain Park, Keowee Springs, Keowee Falls, Vineyards and Walnut Cove.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Cool mountain air! Proximity to Glassy's amazing mountaintop golf course! South Carolina's friendly people! 60 mile long valley vistas from the rear porch!
- Primary: 9419201501 Call between 8 am - 10 pm EDT.
- Secondary: + Office phone 830-5 pm daily
- Fax: +1 9417478081 Use office fax anytime
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front exterior of home with detached two car garage connected by a breezeway
View of kitchen with kitchen island and vegetable sink. Half bath visible beyond
Comfortable master bedroom suite
Amazing designer kitchen and dining room
Comfortable, cosy living room with plenty of seating
Rear exterior of home
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, July 02, 2013