Cozy Burro (Aka Chikarooba): a 150+ Acre Retreat & Recreational Mtn. Paradise(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 5 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 4 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
COZY BURRO is conveniently located centrally in Colorado in the heart of diverse Park County, within walking distance to the quaint mountain town of Fairplay, a river, and a fishing reservoir. It is the ideal base camp to enjoy all that Colorful Colorado has to offer, situated at 9985 feet above sea level. For those looking to unwind... just kick back, relax, and let the pristine setting melt the stress away. Easy access year round.
OTHER SPECIFICS INCLUDE:
* Twenty-five minutes from Breckenridge, with mountain shops and fine dining.
* Within one hour from six other world-class skiing resorts such as Vail, Keystone, and Copper Mountain.
* One-and-one-half hours from Denver, and two hours from Denver International Airport.
* One-and-one-half hours from Colorado Springs, and two hours from the Colorado Springs Airport.
* Walking distance to gold medal fly fishing (Fairplay is the trout fishing capital of Colorado).
* Nearly 3000 square feet of living space, with high-end furnishings throughout.
* Five bedrooms (1 queen master, 1 queen guest, 1 double guest, 1 bunk room with 2 bunk beds, and 1 bunk room with a double lower)
* Large gathering room with media center, and wet bar for meetings and entertainment.
* Sun room doubles as a mud and gear room. Backpacks and equipment are for guests use.
* Five acres of clean, flat, woods for play, camping, and relaxation, and over 150 acres of adjacent forest.
* Plenty of space for tents.
* Secluded area on a private drive.
* Easy access year-round, plowing guaranteed.
* Huge Patio, grill, and patio furniture to seat 20.
* Full-size private and lighted sand volleyball court.
* 2 Unique 18-hole 'mountain croquet' golf courses.
* Horseshoe pit.
* A great view of Mount Silverheels.
* Frequent wildlife visitations (elk, deer, bear).
* Maximum number of guests allowed overnight are 10.
Keywords: Vacation, Retreat, group, groups, family, land, space mountain, wedding, retreat, reunion
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 9 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee / Stay $150
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Property Damage Protection $79
* $150 Cleaning Fee per stay added to the bill. Covers standard 4 hours. Additional hours billed will be taken from damage deposit.
* Major Holidays and Holiday weekends are $349/night, 2 night minimum (July 4th, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Memorial Day)
* 5% Last minute discount available for less than 1 week out.
* Prices include up to 10 guests
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
If you picture a Gold Rush miner as a grizzled old guy leading a burro, you might still see that today in Fairplay! Especially during its annual Burro Days races and celebration. There's also Mountain Man Rendezvous each July, where you can watch re-enactments of Colorado's earliest days. South Park is the hidden gem of Colorado, thousands of miles of trails, National forest, mountains, and central to everything with the lowest population density. It true Colorado.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: The Cozy Burro is owned by three Colorado families. Both of our families have children. We were looking for a second home, and retreat style location to be able to host small groups and build family legacies. Our families spend countless hours of fun and quality time with friends and family here doing just that…building memories and relationships that will last forever.
Why the Owner Chose Fairplay, CO, USA:
After looking at hundreds of properties in both Summit Park County areas, we ran across this unique setting and fell in love. South Park is in the center of it all, has easy access, a more moderate climate than ski towns (even though it’s higher), and is less crowded. Fairplay is a quaint town with all the amenities need for a getaway, while keeping the rustic mountain town feel. The surrounding mountain views are breathtaking, and the area truly feels like this is what Colorado was meant to be.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The Cozy Burro is unique for several reasons. The property and land is very usable, and has hours of hiking right on the property. The location is secluded, yet very close to town and amenities. It’s an easy jaunt to skiing, fishing, four wheeling, forest trails, hot springs, and much more. The property is easily accessible year round, and has plowing guaranteed. The home is updated, well laid out and comfortable. What we (and guests) enjoy most about the property is the comfort and design of the home, the spaciousness of the usable land, the ease of access to everything, volleyball court, hiking, and of course the award winning two 18-hole “Extreme Mountain Croquet Golf Courses” on the land. In the winter it turns into a wonderland for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and warming up by the fire after a great day of downhill at Breckenridge (without the high costs).
- Primary: (719) 282-0572
- Secondary: (719) 331-3630 (Colorado, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Private Entrance to the property
Front View in the Winter
Great Room (Living & Dining) off of Kitchen
Fully Stocked Media Center Room w/ Satelite TV, Wi Fi, and Games
Master Bedroom and Comfortable Attached Reading Area
Guest Queen Bedroom with view of Mt. Silverheels
Enormous 25'X25' Patio and patio furniture and firepit
Mix of Apen and Lodgepole Pine on 5 acre Property - in winter
Volleyball in the Fall
Montgomery Reservoir - close to Cabin
The old mill by Montgomery Reservoir
Four-wheeling on Sheep Mountain
Front View of the Home
Gourmet Kitchen - Stainless Applicances, Gas Stove, Dual Ovens
Great Room (Living & Dining) looking out into the Sunroom
Media Room and attached wetbar - huge couch section, room great for groups
Guest Queen Bedroom with view of Mt. Silverheels
Bunk Room (4 twin beds) great for the kids!
Hot Tub off Back Patio - Seats 4-7 Adults
View of Fairplay w/ Mount Silverheels in background - From entry road
Horseshoe Pit and Start of 1st 18 Hole Croquet Golf Course
4 Wheeling up the old mill by Montgomery Reservoir
South Park City Museum - Nearby remarkable recreation of early mining town
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Monday, February 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.