4 bedroom, stunning views
- english, spanish
About Angela Turrou
We live in Los Angeles but we share the house with our parents, who live right down the road and love hosting our guests. We have traveled all over the world and our best experiences have been when we were invited to local homes and got to know the people living there. We hope you get to know Grand Junction just a little bit better- and we know you will be blown away by the views in our unique home.
Angela Turrou purchased this House in 2017
Why Angela Turrou chose Grand Junction
Our grandpa built it and we couldn't let it leave our family! It's just too beautiful of a house. Grandma and Grandpa had always talked about making it into a bed and breakfast, way before VRBO was around, and we're happy to fulfill their wishes.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
We have a pack and play, high chair, toys etc.
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:12 (sleeps up to 12 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Amazing house such soace
Great people to work with!
perfect family getaway
We had 8 family members staying over Thanksgiving. The home is huge and very comfortable. The kitchen was very well equipped. Owners were quick to respond and incredibly helpful and kind, especially when we had to make last minute changes to our plans. The views from this home are spectacular! We hope to stay here again!
Great location with a beautiful view
Enjoyed our stay.
This is an interesting house, built in phases. The location is great, and the one minor issue we had was resolved very quickly.
While the house has everything, there are some things a renter should be aware of: the toilet in the master bedroom is open to the room (no door) and the bathtub is in the room; there is no shower on the second floor, only a tub with a spigot that cascades water down the side of the tub (no way to stick your head under to wash your hair); the office on the first floor is a walk-through room with no privacy; the sewing room (off the master bedroom) is open to the living room (but 8' up). We were able to make it work for our group, but not all groups will be able to. Ventilation and airflow was a problem--we were between cooling and heating seasons, and the cranks had been taken off the windows so we were not able to open them.
I don't know if the cleaning people had not taken the previous group's left over food, or if the house is actually lived in full-time and there is always food in the fridge, but we needed the space. There was a sign to not leave food on the counter as it attracts ants, but the only cabinet that was not full of dishes etc, was full of food, so where were we supposed to leave ours? There was no problem with ants or mice or anything, but we did not have the space we needed for food storage.
Other than that, everything was fine. The view was great. There is a cat that lives outside, we were visited by several large bucks in the mornings.
A cautionary note: the portico has very low clearance. When I lifted the hatch on my car, it hit the top of the portico.
Most of what this guest addresses is clear from our pictures, but we would like to clarify some of the comments to clear up any misconceptions.
1) Because Grand Junction is a dry climate, swamp coolers are used for cooling (not A/C's), so there are about two weeks out of the year where we unfortunately have to disconnect them so that the water supply doesn't freeze the pipes. During those two weeks it is warm during the day, but cold enough to freeze at night. In the bedroom this guest is referring to (the master bedroom) there is one window that opens plus a six foot high door right by the windows that opens and has a screen. We have six floor fans for the house for those two weeks, and we bought two more for them.
2) The master suite (3rd floor) is all one giant room (as is evident by the pictures). The toilet is hidden in a cove, but does not have a door. That said, this is the first concern we've heard about it in over 500 nights of renting.
3) The sewing room and office are not bedrooms (and aren't counted as such)- but rather rooms with beds to accommodate larger groups. The Sewing room has an accordian door between the master bedroom for privacy, but it does have a small railing that somewhat overlooks the living room. It's like a loft. The office is next to the downstairs bedroom, and there is a door between the two rooms (although no door leading into the office).
4) We leave condiments in the fridge from previous guests so others can use them if they would like, and there are some essential cooking ingredients in some of the cabinets which all guests are encouraged to use if needed. Guests can, of course, leave food that is in containers/bags on the counter and there is plenty of extra pantry space in the room next to the kitchen.
5) We have a very long circular driveway that can fit many cars, and it includes a car port that can fit two cars. That said, we do have a sign on it that says low clearance.
All of that said, we absolutely want to know about any questions or concerns guests have while staying with us, and we will always do our best to answer/address them right away. If you have any questions at all please ask before booking- we are glad to answer them. Thanks!
Unique Family House
This is a stunning house built up against the Colorado National Monument. The original owner built it up against the natural rock wall and incorporated the wall as part of the house. Built starting in the 70s means many features are dated but that lends itself to its charm. It does need some care as all older houses do, the electrical system being on top of the list. The views are stunning and the area, Grand Junction and Fruita worth the visit. The group I accompanied all Sid they would come back. The hosts made us feel welcome.
Wonderful location and one of the coolest houses I’ve ever stayed in! Amazing views too. We will be back!