Soak in the awe-inspiring Teton and Grand Targhee views from the giant wrap-around deck, complete with a hot tub and plenty of cozy outdoor furniture. Just 30 minutes from Grand Targhee Ski Resort, 45 miles from Grand Teton National Park, and 90 miles from the west entrance of Yellowstone. National Forest access is only a couple miles away, at South Leigh Creek. National Forest access is only a mile away, via the South Leigh Creek trailhead.
- House2501 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Min Stay3 nights
4BR, 3BA Log Home perfect for your Grand Targhee, Yellowstone or GTNP vacation.
- Calendar last updated:
- Sep 25, 2018
About Matt Hail
I'm a local Realtor and property manager.
Matt Hail purchased this House in 2017
Why Matt Hail chose Tetonia
My friend built this home. He lives in it all winter, and offers it for rental during the summer.
What makes this House unique
Giant covered deck is excellent for entertaining.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Awesome house, amazing location, and very helpful host.
The cabin is amazing! Modern amenities with a classic feel. The photos of the view do not do it justice! Amazing location, and stellar views of the Tetons. Hosts respond quick and were very helpful with questions. Will definitely be back!
This cabin was awesome! Very modern amenities. Hot tub, fire pit, walk-in showers; you name it. Huge front porch that overlooks the mountains. They thought of everything to the last detail when they designed this place. Even had a Sisyphus coffee table that would draw a new picture in sand every day (pretty amazing). Highly recommend this place looking for a quiet getaway.
Secluded Modern Heaven
If i could give more than 5 stars i would... This was an absolutely gorgeous and delightful place which was brand new in construction and modern inside and out. We were a group of 10 friends who were looking for a nice place to hang out in the evenings after a day of sight seeing / trekking and this was perfect in every count.
When we looking for places to stay, the fact that this location had only 2 reviews, even though they were 5 stars was a bit concerning but i assure you, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. The place is exactly like the pictures, if not better.
1. Comfort - The accommodation had new, extremely comfortable beds and couches. There were nice lounge seats outside and inside. It was the perfect place to regroup and relax and recharge after a day out. And did i mention everything was (almost) brand new (and clean).
2. Spacious - There were 10 of us and we never felt like bumping into each other. The house is huge, allowing you to find your private nook and yet offers great spaces to group together and hang out.
3. Location - Its about an hours drive from Jackson / Grand Tetons NP and about 3 hours from west entrance of Yellowstone NP. But its in a secluded area which isn't more than 10 mins away from Driggs where you can get supplies or find a nice restaurant to eat.
4. Nature - Due to the fact that its a little away from the "main" roads that lead to Jackson, it offers seclusion. The deck in the front of the house gives you a space to sit and look at the mountains. And look we did. It was absolutely gorgeous.
5. Amenities - This place had absolutely everything, A 2 car garage, a hot tub, patio seats, view, modern kitchen with new appliances, well lit and well ventilated, washer/dryer... i could go on n on but it will suffice to say that it had pretty much everything you might need.
6. WiFi - If you are here for Internet, i think you should re-evaluate your visit to a National Park area but if you really are, that's one things you might find different from a big city. It was functional internet but streaming wasn't possible. We weren't looking for that though and absolutely had no problem.
Thanks for your wonderful review! Something must have been wrong with the internet during your stay. We have 50Mb service, and I have no problem streaming 4K.
Leigh Creek Log Home is a lovely mountain home in the middle of agricultural land and trees. The house is well appointed, with every imaginable need in the kitchen, nice cutlery, dishes, etc. We enjoyed the hot tub several evenings. The linens were lovely. The two managers were very accommodating, kind, and helpful. The house is fully wired for every need, with many lighting options, fan shut-offs, and safety alarms. The pebble flooring in the showers was beautiful and not slippery. Since we arrived late in the day, having the key in the lock box saved us from having to meet someone at the house at a certain time. The house IS 1 1/2 hours from the parks, especially Yellowstone, so the driving distance needs to be considered. It is also about the same distance to the Craters of the Moon Park in Idaho, but we didn't have enough days to get there. But, if you are looking for a nice place to stay and enjoy your family/friends, this one qualifies very nicely. It looks like it is really set up for skiing vacations, with garages (which we did not use) and boot racks. It is close to Driggs, which has a huge grocery store.
Thank you For sharing your home with our family! We had a great time and the set up for the house was great for our group of adults and adult age kids with a main floor bedroom (king) with ensuite bath and two more bedrooms upstairs (queens) and a shared bath. The deck was so nice to sit on in the evenings too! Loved how paper products and soap, shampoo and lotions were provided as well as kitchen and laundry soap! We couldn't find any placemats for the dining table so we just used newspaper and we could've used a baking pan but other than that everything was provided! We hope to be back to the valley again soon!
Wendy and family
Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Summer Visit
This was my family's first time to Yellowstone National Park. We were looking at a few places closer to Yellowstone, but we are so glad we found this cabin, instead. It is only a ten minute drive from Driggs which has a great grocery store (Broulim's). From there, it is only 50 minutes to Jackson. Being from Texas, 50 minutes sounded like a long time, but really the view is spectacular and peaceful so the car drive was relaxing. We chose to do some whitewater rafting one day and the other 2 days we took a drive to West Yellowstone and then South Yellowstone, respectively. If you are planning a stay in the summer, staying here is nice if you want to have access to a variety of activities. The house itself is gorgeous. It is newly renovated or built and was clean. We enjoyed a nice 72 degree temp in the house and were able to see the sunrise on the porch every morning. My husband and I took the master bedroom and the other family used the upstairs. My children got to enjoy the room filled with bunk beds. Everyone had a good time and were pleasantly surprised, as sometimes when you book online you never know what to expect. Matt Hail answered all of our questions and even stopped by when we had a minor problem at one point when he really didn't have to. This is our second stay at a HomeAway and are very pleased we chose this location here in Idaho.