Slice of Paradise Luxury Beach Bungalows(59 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
sleeps 2 - 5, 1&1/2 bathrooms, full kitchen, A.C, Balcony + 1 studio bungalow
Slice of Paradise is located on one of the most beautiful and pristine beaches in Costa Rica. There is an abundance of wildlife here including , monkeys that visit us daily, sloths, toucans, parrots, iguanas, and endless species of tropical birds for bird-watching.
Our lush tropical gardens are a beauty to behold and we have several tropical fruit trees as well. We have an amazing selection of orchids, pink and red ginger and birds of paradise to name just a few. If you would like to see Mother Nature at her finest Slice of Paradise is the place for you, it will be like having a private beach completely to yourself, you can beach walk for miles on this velvety sand beach and will never step on a rock and will see just a few locals fishing by only using a hand line. When you go for a long beach walk you never have to worry about finding your way back because you can simply follow your own foot steps in the sand that will lead you back to Slice Of Paradise.
Being located only 25km south of Manuel Antonio National Park and 13km north of Dominical, Slice of Paradise is centrally located to all the best things Costa Rica has to offer. You could never stay at Slice Of Paradise and have enough days to do the things you would like to do or see here, there is just to much beauty to take in here on Playa Matapalo and the surrounding area. Be sure to catch the sunsets every evening on the beach, everyone on this small beach always congregates on the beach in the evening to watch the beautiful sunsets that we get every day. They're a thing of beauty and don't forget to take your camera with you
Keywords: Manuel Antonio National Park, bungalows, full kitchens, Air Conditioning., private beach, wildlife, Dominical, Playa Matapalo, sunsets, monkeys, tropical birds
Member since: 2007
- 850 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Our 2 story large bungalow - sleeps 5 people, it has a large bedroom upstairs w/a King & Queen beds, a balcony, & a full bathroom upstairs w/walk in shower. The trundle bed/couch coverts into a single bed & is located down stairs in the living room, with the 1/2 bath & full kitchen are also downstairs. This bungalow has A.C. throughout, as well as custom woodwork cabinets, headboards & all hand crafted solid teak doors. The balcony off the bedroom upstairs has a spectacular view of the jungle mountain and green meadow directly behind the bungalow, the meadow is full of tropical birds and wildlife. Our studio bungalow , sleeps 2 people w/ king size bed, a full kitchen, full bath with shower, A.C. & beautiful hand crafted woodwork & teak doors. It has a view of the jungle mountain and green meadow directly behind the bungalow. The studio is a 2nd story unit with large picture windows giving it a beautiful view of the jungle mountain & meadow behind the bungalow....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- The large 2 story bungalow has a full bathroom with a large walk in shower located up stairs with the large bedroom.... The 1/2 bathroom with a toilet & sink is down stairs...both have hot water, & mirrors. There is also an outside shower to use when returning from the beach to cool off and remove the sand and salt water after a hot day on the beach. The studio bungalow has a full bathroom with hot water & a shower....moreless
- We have a unique outside shower that has a tiled base and sits under one of our giant mango trees. It is surrounded by thick green plants for your privacy, our guest are welcome to use this shower when returning from the beach to remove sand and salt water before entering your bungalow. Its my favorite shower at Slice Of Paradise and I'am sure you will agree & enjoy a fresh cool rinsing off after returning from a hot day on the beach....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
From your bungalow you will enjoy a beautiful view of the jungle mountain and large green meadow directly behind the bungalows that is full of tropical bird life in the early morning hours of sunrise...moreless
Near The Ocean:
You are just steps away from the sand and ocean at Slice Of Paradise, walk for miles on our soft sand beach and you will see only a few people while beachcombing and finding those perfect sand-dollars...moreless
You have an ocean view from the front of Slice Of Paradise looking through the thick canopy of the jungle trees between the house & the beach, its only steps to the sand on the beach access path....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
There is a small living room area in the downstairs of the large 2 story bungalow, it has a couch, a chair and a 2nd couch/trendle bed that coverts into 2 single beds for sleeping, best for children. ...moreless
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
balcony off the bedroom of the large bungalow has a view of the jungle mountain and meadow directly behind the bungalows, that is full of tropical bird life, monkeys , sloths and other wildlife...moreless
Kayak / Canoe:
We have kayaks if anyone is interested in doing a mangrove tour, Ron will take you down a local jungle river and into a beautiful thick mangrove & site see for crocodiles, tropical birds, monkeys ...moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 15 - Apr 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Slice of Paradise provides beach cruiser bicycles, boogie boards, Surf Boards, Kayaks, reclining Beach lounges, beach Umbrella's, large Beach Towels, and WiFi at no additional charge.
We have white face monkeys that visit us daily on our property and from the 2nd story balcony of the main house you are at eye to eye level, up close & personal for great pictures of the daily monkey show, this is where the WiFi is located and is excellent entertainment to say the least while using the internet in the early morning hours while enjoying a cup of fresh Costs Rician coffee and relaxing in our hammocks looking out over the canopy of the back yard.
For Manuel Antonio National Park visitors, the park is an easy 25 min. drive to the north from your bungalow to all the attractions and there are many 5 star restaurants as well as tipical Costa Rician dining and gift shops. Matapalo has one of finest Sea Food Restaurants in the entire area called The Happy Lobster, also Guva Lodge is within walking distance, just down the beach & around the corner from your bungalow and is a favorite local dining spot of our guest. Dominical is located less than 15 min. south of Matapalo and is a favorite for souvenir shopping, surfing, and dining for a taste of tipical tico cruisine, there also is an excellent Thai restaurant in Dominical.
We work directly with all the local tour companies in the area and have all the information on any tour you would like to do and have all the daily times of operation. We can do all your tour reservations for you with one quick phone call while staying at Slice Of Paradise, some of these are... canopy zip lining on the newest, longest , & fastest zipline in the area, one of the ziplines is over 3/4 of a mile long and reaching speeds of 30 to 35 MPH, white water rafting down a wild jungle river, horseback riding on Matapalo beach, a sunset cruise with dolphin/ whale watching & a snorkeling booze cruise all combined in one tour on a 80 ft. catamaran includes all you can drink & a fresh grilled fish dinner, jungle waterfalls, a tropical beach with caves to explore , kayaking down a local jungle river & through the mangroves, a jungle river cruise down the Sierpe river to Cano Island w/scuba diving or snorkeling/ dolphin & whale watching with a mangrove tour all combined in one tour.
Relax in a hammock shaded by palm trees and feel the ocean breeze
All Slice of Paradise bungalows have fully equipped kitchens
Enjoy the sun, sand and surf
Still more monkeys than people
Come to Playa Matapalo where the Surf is always Up!
Slice of Paradise is a perfect place for Family's
Sleep in air conditioned comfort after an exhilarating day of exploring
Low tide or High tide it's one of the most pristine beaches anywhere
Life is a little slow here in Paradise
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.