2 story, 2 bedroom, 2 bath treehouse inspired villa with amazing ocean views
About Keith Weiskamp
Keith & Cynthia, in addition to being Superhosts, have been long time guests at the Treehouses for years. When the villas become available for purchase they jumped right in and now they are happy to offer tyheir hosting expertise to visitors to St Lucia. Both Keith & Cynthia are professional artists and are often involved with the local artists and craftspeople on the island. They love to share their experiences and contacts with their guests, so feel free to ask for any local area tips. Our goal in hosting is to make sure every guest can enjoy all of the special things that St Lucia has to offer. We also want you to experience the island through the eyes of a local. We are always striving to make the Treehouse villas a special place--the kind of home away from home where our guests will want to come back to--much in the way that we experience St Lucia every time we come to stay.
Keith Weiskamp purchased this Villa in 2018
Why Keith Weiskamp chose Soufriere
We purchased this property because we have been staying here for many years.It's been our home away from home whenever we come to the island. Even though we were in the process of building a home out of shipping containers in the Choiseul quarter (near the base of the Gros Piton), the Treehouse villas become available so we took the plunge. The people the location, the open air environment, and the amazing views are what keeps us coming back year after year. The staff who works here has become our family and this has become our family business and home.
What makes this Villa unique
* The views, the views, the views for starters. * The staff: At the treehouse villas, we also believe we have one of the best hospitality teams in the area. Our Hospitality Manager, Charmaine, has over two decades of experience working for the top hotels and resorts in the area. Rounding out the team is Alvin, our master gardener who lovingly takes care of the lush grounds, and John who takes care of the property and natures the plantings. We also have a night watchman, BK, who checks in on our guests to provide a helping, watchful hand in the evening hours. He's great at always being their with the light in the dark night when you need him! * The location: We offer an authentic, beautiful property in the neighborhood of multi-million dollar homes and exclusive resorts like Jade Mountain and Anse Chastanet. Two of the best beaches on the island, Anse Chastanet and Anse Mamin, are within walking distance. You can even walk to town if you don't mid the twisty road and steep hills. * Special features: Private plunge pools, spacious decks, panoramic Piton and ocean views, private chef available, snorkeling gear, stocked kitchen, assistance with activities and value added bookings, guided tours and Piton hikes, other services include massage and beauty services, or special event planning.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Great home base for exploring St Lucia
Stayed Dec 2019 for 4 days. Loved this property and so glad we stayed here. Pictures are accurate - the house and view are amazing. Keith was very responsive before the trip. Our flight was delayed arriving late in the evening and Charmaine was there to greet us with a re-heated dinner that was excellent. Could gush on a huge essay, but here are short notes:
- Used the house drivers which was much easier/safer than driving - definitely recommend
- House had an office-style water cooler, and provided a cell-phone for calling staff/drivers
- Plenty of bug coils/candles - mosquitoes not a problem, other bugs not either if you left most lights off at night
- A/C in bedroom worked great and let us shut up the house for noise insulation as much as temp control
- Awesome rain-forest shower
- Their A/V cabinet has a lock and key you take for putting away your valuables during the day since you don't want to shut the house up
- Charmaine doesn't work Sundays but still called to check on us
- Road to house is an adventure - thus glad we used drivers
- House had bananas, flashlights, sunscreen (most likely left from other guests - we added to stash), shampoo/conditioner
- Walk to Anse Chastenet beach is easy.
- Two small cons
1) Back of house is closer to Anse Chastenet road than I thought - maybe 40 feet above the road leading to hotel. Cars have to go slow but you do hear them go by occasionally. Not a big deal, but also why AC was a plus
2) Sound travels from neighbors and Treehouse 1. During day someone would have music playing, but not a problem at night
Thanks for staying with us Chris and thanks for the nice feedback on the villa. Glad that you really enjoyed your time in St. Lucia and hope that you really got to explore the Soufriere area. Hope you take home a lot of happy memories and want to come back to explore more of St. Lucia, our home away from home.
Relaxation with a fabulous view
Wonderful! A bit challenging to drive to, but well worth it. Everything was as stated, lovely accommodations, helpful staff and beautiful views of the pitons and sunsets.
What can be said about this property and location that would properly do it justice? The striking views of the Pitons from Treehouse Hideaway II must be seen to be believed; in fact, my fiancee and I spent a good portion of our time in St. Lucia just relaxing on the balcony, sipping rum cocktails, watching birds, and trying to believe our eyes.
That said, there actually is more to do that just stare at, what I believe, is a top 3 most beautiful setting I've ever been to! First, the plunge pool on the property is amazing - refreshing, perfectly shaded while still having some sun, and always clean. Additionally, sailing, snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, and beach time is but a short trip away. Keith, the owner, and Charmaine, the property manager, were so helpful in getting us set up with what we needed. We're pretty low-key people, so we didn't have to ask Charmaine to do to much for us, but she always checked in to make sure we had everything we needed (also her cooking is divine).
My fiancee and I picked up groceries for our entire 5-night stay on the way from the airport (use Benton! He and his other drivers are great), which we would definitely recommend for those not planning on going into town often or those without a car. Definitely take the short, 10min walk down to Anse Chastenet Beach and spend at least one full day there, as the food and drinks are good, reasonably priced, and the snorkeling/kayaking are fantastic. The walk back up is sweat-inducing but still short (drivers can be arranged too). The sunset cruise on Mystic Man was also a trip highlight.
All in all, St. Lucia is a gorgeous place and Treehouse Hideaway II, in my opinion, is one of the best places to stay on the island for the price. Enjoy!
Thanks so much Brandon for the kind words and the very detailed review. St Lucia is such a magical place and we were so glad to hear that you guys really enjoyed your Treehouse stay and the Soufriere area. We always find also that there is so much to do in the local area but just chilling at the Treehouse and taking in the amazing views is a teat in itself. Thanks again for finding us on Vrbo!
Fantastic villa with stunning views of the pitons
We’re so glad to hear that you and your family had a great time in St Lucia and really enjoyed staying at both Treehouse Hideaway Vill I and II. Thanks again for finding us on Vrbo and we’re all happy to hear that you had an incredible week in paradise!
Wow. I've stayed in numerous rentals across numerous countries, and for the most part they've all been nice, but the Treehouse was just on another level. The views, beauty and cleanliness of the property are somehow better than the pictures. The attention to details and recommendations provided by Keith and his staff was above and beyond anything I've experienced at a vacation rental. Our first trip to St. Lucia would not have been anywhere close to the same without their help. Loved the adventurous drive up and down the road in our rental vehicle - I'd definitely recommend renting one. Big thanks to Keith, Charmaine and the whole Treehouse staff! We'd love to come back.
So glad to hear Paul that you such a perfect stay with us. That makes us really happy 😃. We’d love to have you back some time.
My wife and I stayed in the Treehouse Villa II for our honeymoon in April of 2019 and we would not have changed a thing about the experience. From the beginning, Keith was super helpful with any questions we had about the listing as well as about the island. He was able to answer everything in a timely manner.
As for the property and experience, it is exactly as advertised. The view from the deck is really unbelievable as I could've just stared all day. The pool are was great for relaxing and cooling off. Charmaine and everyone else made our stay feel very welcome and her meal on the first night was so delicious. We will be referring the Treehouse to anyone interested in St. Lucia.
Great vibes :)