Stunning Estate with Guesthouse & All Amenities, Minutes from Aix Center
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
AIX EN PROVENCE, FRANCE
La Belle is for those seeking the ideal South-of-France experience. It is available for lease on a weekly basis, and we will consider a long-term tenant. The estate features a large ancient Provençal bastide (5,400 square feet) that has been modernized, with its authenticity, history and charm preserved. There is a 1br/1ba King Bed guest house also available for rent, separately. All of the essentials exist for a perfect holiday in Provence right out of the movies such as 'A Good Year': beds imported from the USA, duvets and high thread count sheets, cook's kitchen, beautiful pool, soccer field, tennis court, boule court, and 200 year old Plane trees that provide shade for dining and entertaining on a massive gravel courtyard. The setting is a totally private 7 acres, but incredibly, the bustling center of Aix is only 10 minutes away.
This property consists of the 6 bedroom/4.5 bathroom 'Maison Principal', finished in 1803 with 2 foot thick walls, tall ceilings, ancient flooring & original doors, windows and shutters. It is a truly authentic Provençal bastide, facing due south with 3 floors of occupancy. The kitchen is equipped for both family living and catered entertaining: Two huge ovens, 10 burners, dishwasher, microwave, 2 large Lieberr refrigerators, Nespresso machine and coffee/tea pots, plus storage cabinets. Silverware, cooking utensils, appliances, Provençal linens, serving pieces, lots of wine glasses and simple white ceramic dinnerware are all provided. Directly off the kitchen is a stunning, covered dining area with a fireplace and pizza oven. The house features a dining room which seats 12, living room, two family rooms, and a media room. There is a full laundry room with washer and dryer as well as a line-dry area if you want to live like a local! The 4 1/2 Bathrooms are basic, very functional, and for the most part, original. The guest house has one bedroom, 1bathroom with shower, kitchen and small living room.
The exterior grounds are georgeous. The main automatic gated entry and gravel driveway have magnificent presence. The main house and massive Plane trees come into view. To the right of the house is an enormous lawn, the 12.5 meter pool and pool house (changing rooms, bar and bathroom), then down to the tennis and boule courts and soccer field (with Mulberry and Olive trees). Landscaping is mature and the ancient Plane trees in front of the Bastide are breathtaking.
The Parker family lives on-site in their own lovely house. They manage the property and help to make holidays memorable for all of La Belle guests. They speak English and French. There is an additional house on the property privately used by family and not available for lease.
Please Feel free to call or email if you need additional information or photos.
· Two Formal gated entries, one Main entry with security camera and automatic opening mechanism and one Service entry.
· Park like setting on 2.8 Hectares (Approximately 7 acres) with spectacular Plane Trees shading house and dining areas.
· Tennis Court with Tennis House which is equipped with dressing rooms.
· Pool with Pool House with wet bar, changing rooms and bathroom.
· Teak pool furniture including dining table/chairs
· Regulation Boules court.
. Soccer filed with goals
· Outdoor Kitchen/Dining area with fabulous pine farm dining table and chairs accommodating 12 people comfortably. Plus pizza oven and huge stainless steel Webber gas BBQ.
· Outdoor lighting of walkways, dining areas and recreation sights.
· Parking Area in service area.
· Location is unique in that the property is surrounded by farmland, but only 10 minutes from downtown Aix-en-Provence and its historic main boulevard, Cours Mirabeau, with its great 'Rotonde' fountain.
The property is quiet and very private.
· 15 minutes to TGV and 25 to Marginane-Marseille International Airport (MRS). Direct access of to the house is via a small gravel road which terminates approximately 300 meters after the property. This allows for a private entry with little traffic.
* 6 beds and 4.5 baths
* Master Bedroom, 1 king
* #1 Guest Room, 1 king
* #2 Guest Room, 1 king
* #3 Guest Room, Queen
* #4 Guest Room, Queen
* #5 Guest Room, Full
Other amenities include:
· Pillow top American made mattresses
· American type shower heads with good pressure
· Totally equipped Kitchen with top of the line appliances including dish washer, large refrigerators with wine storage and double ovens.
· Dining rooms seats 8-12
· Living room and family room, both with large fireplaces, plus additional family room and media room
· Laundry room with stacking Washer/Dryer
· Children's play room/ movie room
· Media room + office with fax and wireless internet
· Wireless internet in the kitchen.
Guest Houses available separately at additional cost
· Guest House - 1 Bedroom and 1 bath, Small kitchenette, king bed
Keywords: Beautiful & Private Estate, Close to Aix Center
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 490 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 14
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- We bought 'La Belle', this amazing and historic place, because it provides everything essential to a true Provençal experience. The house is ancient, though completely modernized and is very close to the center of Aix despite its private location on 7 acres. The drive in sets the tone with a stunning view of Saint Victoire, the mountain Cézanne never tired of painting. We lived here for two years with our four children and it was an incredible experience. We have a wealth of information about day trips and how to best coordinate them. We also have many local contacts for: dinners catered at home, dining out, catamaran rentals, skiing, art/sculpure tours, hiking, wine tasting/buying, golfing, schools, traveling around Europe via air and TGV, touring the countless villages, and where to go in Aix, etc, etc. But, be warned, it's very hard to leave the house! ...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
From some parts of the property, one can see the Sainte-Victoire, the mountain made famous mountain by Cezanne. Exactly 4.5 kilometers from our driveway, is in the center of Aix-en-Provence. Our bastide is authentic and was rumored to be owned by 'Mirabeau', of the Cours Mirabeau, the famous main boulevard in the Centre Ville D'Aix....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
A cook can be arranged at additional costs. The kitchen is directly accessed by both the interior and exterior dining rooms for ease of catered meals. This property is ideally suited for very high end entertaining....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Deck / Patio:
The outside area is approximately 1000 square feet (90 m 2) with a tile roof, fireplace and wood burning pizza oven. Outdoor area has an antique farm table with seating for 10 to 12. We dine outside in front of the fire during the months of March, April, May and September and October (sometimes even in November). It is a lovely Provençal experience to view the plane trees and garden while dining outdoors in front of the fire...moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
FALL SEASON: OCTOBER
Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2016
7 night min stay
LOW SEASON: NOV THRU FEB
Nov 1 - Feb 28, 2017
7 night min stay
MID SEASON: MARCH & APRIL
Mar 1 - Apr 30, 2017
7 night min stay
SPRING FLING: MAY
May 1 - May 31, 2017
7 night min stay
HIGH SEASON: JUNE & SEPTEMBER
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
PEAK: JULY & AUGUST
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 3 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Nature walks in the area are fabulous. The bike ride to our local bakery or 'boulangerie' is approximately 5 minutes along a quiet country lane.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We live in California with our four children and love to travel.
Why the Owner Chose Grand Sud, Aix-en-Provence, France:
We lived at La Belle for 2 years, from 2007-2009 and it was one the best things we have ever done as a family. We relocated back to California in 2009. Life in Aix is fantastic and our house serves as an amazing base to explore Provence and all of Europe.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
La Belle is within 10 minutes of all the metropolitan assets of central Aix including world-class theater, dance, shopping and schools. However, it is in the quiet countryside, so the location benefits from the best of both worlds.
- Primary: +1 6508622224
- Secondary: (650) 464-9299 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
THE MAIN HOUSE IS THREE LEVELS AND FEATURES ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR PLANE TREES
SECURE GATED ENTRY WITH ELECTRONIC REMOTE OPENER
LOVELY TREES, FRONT LAWN, OUTDOOR DINING TABLE
POOL AND POOLHOUSE WITH BATHROOM/CHANGING ROOMS & BAR
BOULES AND TENNIS COURTS & TENNIS HOUSE
LIVING ROOM WITH GORGEOUS FIREPLACE, COMFORTABLE SEATING AND BOOKSHELVES
MASTER WITH KING BED, 18TH C. PROVENÇAL CHEST, HIGH CEILINGS, HUGE WINDOWS
GUESTROOM #2: KING BED, TWO LARGE WINDOWS & PRIVATE BATHROOM
GUESTROOM #3HAS A QUEEN BED, BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS AND LOVELY NATURAL LIGHT
GUESTROOM #4 QUEEN BED, SOARING BEAMED CEILINGS AND LARGE WINDOW
GUESTROOM #6 FULL BED, BEAMED CEILINGS, TWO WINDOWS, LOTS OF LOVELY BUILT-INS
COMPLETED IN 1803, THOUGH PARTS OF MAIN HOUSE DATE FROM THE LATE 18TH CENTURY
OUTDOOR COVERED DINING AREA WITH FIREPLACE AND PIZZA OVEN
DINING ON THE COURTYARD UNDER THE PLANE TREES WITH THE SOCCER FIELD IN DISTANCE
VIEW OVER THE POOL AND FRONT LAWN WITH SOCCER FIELD IN THE BACKGROUND
FROM THE BOULE COURT LOOKING ON TO THE TENNIS COURT AND TENNIS HOUSE
KITCHEN WITH TWO OVENS, 10 BURNERS, LARGE FRIDGE AND DISHWASHER
DINING ROOM AND FAMILY ROOM WITH LARGE FIREPLACE & BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS
MASTER BATHROOM WITH TWO SINKS, SHOWER, CLOSET AND SEPARATE TOILET ROOM
BATHROOM TO GUESTROOM #2 WITH TWO SINKS, SHOWER AND TOILET
BATHROOM DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM GUESTROOM #3. SHOWER, TUB, TWO SINKS & BIG WINDOWS
GUESTROOM #5 QUEEN BED, TWO WINDOW, BEAMED CEILING & LOVELY NATURAL LIGHT
GUEST HOUSE KING BEDROOM, WITH KITCHEN, LIVING ROOM AND BATHROOM
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeHouse
Request to book
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 07/14/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.