Villefranche/Mer Old Town. Large Terrace W/Superb Seaview. Close to Restaurants(36 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2+child, A/C, WiFi ,BBQ, 5 mn walk to bakery cafes restaurants shops beach bus
* LIVING AREA & TERRACE* The attractive lounge is bright and airy with high ceilings and opens onto the terrace through full length traditional french windows. It is comfortably furnished with a three seater sofa-bed, an arm chair, a circular dining table and dining chairs for two. The south east facing terrace which catches the sun until about 1.30pm, is furnished with two wicker chairs and a table suitable for al-fresco dining. Also included is a very popular Weber gas BBQ (gas supplied) and a retractable sunshade.
* KITCHEN* It is an all electric kitchen with modern appliances including dish-washer, washing machine and microwave. The cooker includes a ceramic 4 ring hob, oven with grill and a single level dish-washer. There is a comprehensive selection of cooking utensils and a double set of table settings.
*HAIR DRYER * is supplied.
* A WELCOME PACK * includes maps, bus & train time tables, and local tips.
*BABY COT & HIGH CHAIR* supplied on request.
*PARKING* in two public car parks 50 m from the apartment and limited street parking outside the apartment.
Member since: 2010
- On floor 1
- 600 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 2
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- The bedroom accommodates two people. The bedroom is quiet and is furnished with a king size (US queen size 60in wide x 75in long / 150cm X 190cm ) bed with a very comfortable firm mattress and two pillows for each person. There are attractive antique bedside tables with individual reading lamps. The antique wardrobe / closet with full length mirror provides ample shelving and hanging space for clothes for two people. The bedroom opens onto the terrace through french windows providing magic views of the bay as you wake up. The room has a reversible air conditioning unit and an electric wall heater for the winter nights. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bright bathroom has the benefit of a external window with a view of the "Alps Maritiems" and is fitted with a well lit vanity unit with plenty of shelving and press units. The full height shower is enclosed by curtains and has a standard rose and a 'monsoon rose'. There is an electric heated towel / heater for the comfort of guests. The washing machine is in a separate compartment adjacent to the bathroom where it does not impose on the living area....moreless
- Sun 'brollies for the beach available in the apartment.
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
The living room is furnished with a sofa, arm chair, Tv/DVD, a circular dining table with 4 chairs and is fitted with A/C and electric heating. Most people eat on the terrace weather permitting....moreless
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Sofa Bed
- Split-System Air Conditioning
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Beach Towels
Deck / Patio:
The property includes a large (12 sq m) terrace with a south east aspect and sun awning. It has sun from early mornIng to early afternoon and overlooks the bay, Cap Ferrat and the Mediterranean....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 4 - Jun 23, 2017
5 night min stay
Jun 24 - Nov 7, 2017
5 night min stay
Winter '17 / '18
Nov 8 - Mar 2, 2018
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
The booking deposit is non refundable.
€350.00 refundable damage deposit to be paid in cash on collection of keys. It will be refunded in 7 days of check-out.
€100.00 cleaning fee to be paid in cash on collection of keys.
We will be glad to quote for Monaco F1 Grand Prix and Christmas.
We can book a local English speaking taxi who will meet you at arrivals and deliver you to the apartment.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Located on the exclusive French Cote d'Azur, Villefranche-sur-Mer is ideally located 10 minutes east of Nice, 10 minutes from Monaco / Monte-Carlo and 30 minutes from Nice-Cote d'Azur Airport. It is served by the Nice / Menton bus every 15 minutes and the Cote d’Azur rail line, trains every 25 minutes. It enjoys a wonderful south-facing sandy beach, stretching 1km along the Promenade. The beach has a coast guard service during the peak holiday season. The village is noted for the number and quality of its restaurants. Villefranche Bay is popular for scuba diving and snorkelling and other water sports. There are many scenic coastal walks for all levels of walkers and the adjoining mountains have many way marked routes for the more adventurous.
Popular day trips include Monaco for its Casino and F1 Grand Prix at the end of May, Nice for the Old Town, Promenade des Anglais, shopping and art galleries, Cannes for the glitz, Paul de Vence for art, Ventimiglia for its market, and the old hilltop village of Eze with its maze of winding alleys and quaint stone houses.
Centrally located, the apartment is a 5 minute walk from restaurants, shops, including bakeries, supermarkets, greengrocers, pharmacies, ATM, bus-stop, car parks and 10 minutes to the beach, train station or l'Institute de Francais
Beaches:- Villefranche has a 1 km long south facing sandy beach Plage des Marinieres, which is ideal for swimming (life guards in Summer) sunbathing or just building sand castles. Parallel with the beach is the promenade which is very popular with walkers all year long. There is a second east facing beach, Plage de la Darse, which is fine shingle and more relaxed.
Snorkelling:- The bay is noted for snorkelling and scuba diving. Gear may be hired locally.
Sailing / Boating:- There are a number of hire companies which hire boats or do trips around the bay and along the coast.
Walking;- There are wonderful coastal and hill walks. The coastal walk around Cap Ferrat is a must as is a visit to Villa Rothschild and Gardens. For the more adventurous there are a large selection of hill walks in the foothills of the Alp Maratime affording magnificent views of the coastline from Menton to Cannes and passing through many 'villages perches'. Routes and maps in the apartment.
Day on the beach including a picnic.
Snorkelling and scuba diving ( gear may be hired locally).
There is a very popular water and theme park in Antibes, http://www.marineland.fr/
White water rafting is available in the Roya and Var Valleys.
Nice:- Nice Carnival for two weeks in February
Nice Jazz festival every July.
Monaco:- The F1 Grand Prix is a huge attraction on the last week-end in May.
Menton:- Hosts a two week 'Lemon Festival' in February
Cannes:- Film Festival in May.
Ballet, opera and classical concerts are held during the winter months in Nice, Monaco and Cannes. Many of the concerts are performed on Sunday afternoons.
Golf is available at the Monaco Golf Club, La Turbie, 10 Km by car.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We are a retired couple living in Ireland. We love holidaying in France especially the south of France for its ambiance, food and the outdoor activities especially the walking trails, 'les randones'.
Why the Owner Chose Villefranche-sur-Mer, France:
We were wowed by the ' Provencal ' village atmosphere the first time we visited Villefranche in 2005 and were fortunate to find this apartment with a large terrace and fabulous views overlooking the Bay of Villefranche, located in the Old Town close to facilities and public transport. Untouched since the 1920's we have managed to retain the Provencal features while modernising the kitchen and bathroom facilities and furnishing it with ' turn of the century ' furniture.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Villefranche-sur-Mer is a great location on the Cote d'Azur, close to Nice and Monaco with warmer and brighter winters than the south of Italy. It is has excellent public transport, a wonderful sandy beach, renowned restaurants which remain open all year and a good selection of food outlets and a weekly market.
Links to more information:
Bay of Villefranche & Cap Ferrat from private terrace with Tromp d'Oeil on right
Villefranche Bay over the Provencal terracotta roof tops.
Terrace with traditional french shutters and comfortable garden chairs and BBQ
Sofa bed on right, sideboard with selection of books and kitchen in background.
Wrought Iron bed, antique bedside tables with reading lamps, & antique amoir
Electric hob, oven and dishwasher.
Well lit vanity unit with reflection of shower unit and tub bath.
Apartment is the terrace with extended sun awning
Sunrise from the terrace
Off to the beach through old winding streets.
Quaint terracotta roofs, bellfry of St Michel and Villefranche Bay from terrace
Medieval buildings stacked behind harbour and waterside restaurants
Lounge with antique furnishings opening onto Terrace through french windows
Bedroom with access to Terrace and view of Bay of Villefranche and Cap Ferrat
Lounge from kitchen-end and charming chandeliers which are dimmable
Firm comfortable bed with individual reading lamps and bedside lockers.
Marble work top and electric cooker / dishwasher.
Couch opens out as double bed.
Wide well lit and gradual stairs leading to the apartment.
Villa San Remi from Avenue Gallieni. Apt on 1st floor opposite side of building
The moon lit Bay of Villefranche from the terrace
Sandy beach and crystal clear water on an April afternoon.
Villefranche harbour at sunset
A sunny afternoon on the terrace.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.