We call this home an "experience" for a reason - its so unique, the property is amazingly beautiful, and there is so much to do with your family and loved ones. Its buried in a secluded and private National Forest, but is just 5 miles from Blackhawk and Central City too. It is a must to read my guest book and hear all the amazing things previous guests have said about their stay.
Solid Log Cabin with all the amenities:
- Surrounded by National Forest, VERY Private and quiet (you could walk around naked all day and nobody would ever know!). You can crank my outdoor sound system as loud as your heart desires at midnight...try doing that within a mile of Vail or Breck and you’d annoy half the mountain lol :-)
- Gushing Mountain Stream next to Cabin - great for your morning coffee or evening happy hour!
- 20-foot vaulted ceilings
- Fully Remodeled Kitchen and Bath
- A secret 4- mile long PRIVATE hiking trail starts 20 feet from the cabin - you'll never see another human on it!
- Free Wifi
- Awesome indoor/outdoor sound system! I do audio/video for my day job so it...sounds....GOOD! Did someone say Dance Party?
- Campfire Ring, Tree Hammock, & Patio Next to Stream! Gold Panning is also on-site, and all kinds of nooks and crannies to explore all around the property.
- Lighting - I'm a bit of a lighting nutcase. I feel that lighting makes or breaks a space, so everything indoors and out has been done professionally and is spectacular. The property has over 50 (!!!) outdoor landscape lighting fixtures to illuminate the entire property and forest at night. It looks like Four Seasons.
- (2) On property elaborate treasure hunts!! (see below for more about these and read my reviews)
- Beautiful Master Loft overlooking entire Cabin! Plus a main level private bedroom, and a kids treehouse loft bedroom. The treehouse loft is mostly meant for kids, but its a cool place to hang out in too. Includes a twin bed, and Directv & DVD player.
- Property is located about 1 hour from Denver and it is very easy to get to - no I-70 traffic regardless of when you arrive or leave which is awesome.
4-wheelers can be rented and delivered to the cabin if desired. Information is also at the cabin for local dining, casinos, fishing, grocery stores, hiking, jeep trails, etc. You can 4-wheel/ATV right off the property and into endless amounts of trails leading all the way to the Continental Divide, Winter Park, St. Mary's Glacier, and everywhere in between. There are endless amount of trails for exploring just up the road from the cabin. Golden Gate National Park is also only 15 minutes away. I can't overstate how awesome the 4-mile hiking trail is off the back of the Cabin...plan to be gone for a few hours!
Treasure! We have created two very elaborate treasure hunts for you to enjoy. One inside, and one outside (the outside one can only be done in the summer/fall) I encourage all ages to do it. They aren't easy, and kids will need help from their parents to figure out some of the clues, but its a TON of fun. We spent months/years putting each one together and refining them...you'll love it! And if you figure it out...there will be treasure waiting for you at the end...
Roads are plowed and maintained by the City of Black Hawk all the way to the cabin. Accessible year round. Complimentary Chocolate and Coffee are provided. All linens, Firewood, and Wood Stove Pellets are also provided. Easy check-in. A 4-digit access code will give you access for the length of your stay.
Read my reviews - there’s not a whole lot more you’ll need to know. This Cabin and the enjoyment of our guests is our passion...bordering on an obsession...