About the property
- Hotel Suites632 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Den, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 5)
Thank you so much for considering our unit at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Steve and I purchased our rental in mid 2011, and have enjoyed spending family time at the resort with our children and grand kids.
Each year, we continue to make more and more updates to make your vacation experience the best it can be.
Some of the differences you'll find between our room and others (both the privately or resort owned units) are:
- Leather Lazy Boy couch, with recliners on both ends. (All other units have either the old original or recovered sofa, not anywhere near as comfy.)
- New Lazy Boy Loveseat, with a pull out twin bed. (All other units have either the original or recovered loveseat.)
- Two 46 inch flat screen TVs (for units like ours, the resort offers one 42 inch flat screen and another very large old standard hotel unit)
- Larger compact fridge (just replaced the small original 2 cubic foot compact fridge with a 4.4 cubic foot model)
- Larger microwave (just replaced the smaller original unit with a high end convection model)
- Better lighting (lights added to ceiling fans in both bedroom and den area)
- More seating/better chairs (got rid of two old rattan chairs and replaced with four smaller chairs)
- Plus, plus, plus more....
The reason for all the above differences is we really want our unit at the Pelican to feel like home for us and for our guests. I think we've met our goal.
The Pelican Grand Beach Resort is a Four Star Resort, located directly on the beach in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The oceanfront resort is situated on 500 feet of sandy beach, perfect for tanning and swimming. The property is one of only two resort/hotels in Fort Lauderdale located directly on the ocean, as almost all other hotels/resorts are located across A1A.
From our 5th floor unit, the view is amazing. You can sit on the private balcony, look out over the water and hear the sounds of waves crashing onto the shore.
The upscale resort is ideal for:
• Couples for a Romantic Getaway, featuring Private Room with Private Balcony, Oceanside Veranda, Private Beach, Upscale Bar/Lounge, and Rooftop Patio
• Families with Children, as the Resort Property is directly on the Ocean, and featuring a Resort-style Pool and Lazy River, and an Ice Cream Shoppe
• Business Professionals seeking an Upscale and Relaxing Environment with High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Oceanside Restaurant ideal for Business Meetings, Upscale Bar/Lounge
FREE OF CHARGE AMENITIES
- Lazy River tubing ride (heated)
- In room WIFI
- Pool and beach towels
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Roller beds
- Mini Refrigerator and microwave
- Sitting area with a table and 4 chairs
- Room safe
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Alarm clock/radio
OTHER AMENITIES AVAILABLE AT THE RESORT
- Restaurant with oceanfront breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Poolside cocktail lounge
- Business services
- Old fashioned ice cream parlor and gift shop.
- Satellite TV with premium channels
- Concierge service available
- Underground valet parking - rate is $33/day, plus taxes
5TH FLOOR, Direct oceanfront resort room with private balcony and comfortable chairs. The Bedroom has 2 Queen Size beds with pillow top mattresses. There are two televisions (bedroom and den) with premium cable channels. Compact refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and voicemail. Perfect for enjoying the gorgeous beach at sunrise and sunset.
Resort activities: Veranda with rocking chairs runs the entire length of the resort, Oceanside restaurant and bar both have outdoor seating available on the veranda overlooking the beach for drinks or meals, Lounge chairs, Umbrellas and towels are available for the beach, Valet parking, 500-Foot Private Beach, Heated Swimming Pool and Lazy River, Poolside Cocktail Lounge, Oceanfront Fitness Center, Games, Ice Cream Emporium and Gift Shop inside the resort, Computers and Business Center in the lobby.
Recreation activities: Open Air Cafes and Shopping on Las Olas Blvd, Deepsea Fishing, Golfing, Tennis, Jet Skiing, Parasailing, Snorkeling/Scuba/Reef Diving
The resort requires that you are at least 21 years of age and have a valid credit card to check in.
Check-in 4:00pm, Check-out 11:00am
o IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ !!! At the time of your booking, HomeAway/VRBO will be collecting and remitting Broward County Tourist Development Tax (6%). This will be included/shown on your quote as "Stay Tax". IN ADDITION, Steve and I need to collect and remit Florida State Tourist Development Tax (an additional 6%). UNFORTUNATELY, at this time, there is not a way for us to build this into your quote. THEREFORE, once you book our rental, we will be sending an ADDITIONAL payment request to you for the 6% Florida Tax. We apologize that this is confusing and an additional tax that was not included in your original quote. HomeAway/VRBO is working on a better way to streamline tax collections to make this easier for both of us.
o Valet parking: If you have a car, the resort charges $33/day, plus 12% tax, with in-and-out privileges. Unfortunately, there is no other alternative for parking in the area; however, there is taxi service and a city bus line that runs right outside the resort.
o Housecleaning: $75 Check-out Cleaning fee is required. If you wish to have additional cleaning during your visit, the resort changes $35 per occurrence, plus 12% tax. You must request optional housecleaning when you check in if you want your room cleaned and the Consumable Supplies replaced by the Resort staff during your stay. If you do not request optional housecleaning, there will be no replenishment of Consumable Supplies (for example, toilet paper, Kleenex, shampoo, conditioner, soap, coffee, cups, clean towels, etc.) during your stay.
o Reservation Fee: $20 Check-in reservation fee. (This is a fee we collect and are required to pass through to the resort.)
Keywords: Condo Hotel, Beach, Pool, Lazy River, Oceanfront, Balcony
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 21, 2018
About Sue Morrison
We are a retired couple from Iowa who miss the ocean. When we first saw the Pelican Grand, we fell in love and knew we wanted to spend more time there.
Sue Morrison purchased this Hotel Suites in 2011
Why Sue Morrison chose Downtown
The view!!! Being able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner looking out over the ocean. Enjoying a cocktail on the private balcony.
What makes this Hotel Suites unique
Short car ride to many fantastic restaurants, night clubs and shopping areas. Close to cruise terminals of Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great Place to Stay with Kids
We (family of 4) booked this place for mid April and a we really enjoyed it:
- One of the few resort in FLL that is really convenient for a stay with kids (zero-entry pool, lacy river, no street between beach and hotel, dinner and lunch at the pool, kids menu).
- Food prices are a little on the higher end (however quality is really great), but there plenty of alternatives (a grill right next to the hotel, Whole Foods 6 minutes by car, external food delivery)
- Pool and beach food service by the resort (some people even brought their own food to the pool and nobody was complaining which is a huge plus)
- Beach is generally clean (got cleaned each morning), but the ocean always brings (organic) stuff on the beach (but that's how nature works)
- Beach and pool towels are for free as well as chairs and umbrellas (they have enough of them, therefore no hurry in the morning to secure one)
- The whole resort is a little out-dated, but generally in very good shape and clean
- Sue is a great host, responds to emails very quickly and extremely service oriented (e.g. she recommended a very reliable taxi service that offers also kids' car seats)
- The prep-document was very helpful (including outside food options, nearby attractions, what to bring with you for the stay,)
- The room is very clean and has it all you need for a beach vacation (large fridge and microwave etc.)
- Baby crib can be requested free of charge at the front desk
- The suite is big enough for a family of 4-5
- All resort amenities can be used free of charge
- For an extra charge you can also have daily clean up/house keeping
Room for improvement:
- Some bowls, plates and silverware in the room would be really helpful + a little vacuum cleaner for easier clean up after having food in the room.
- Provide a note that FLL water contains lots of sediments. We got a little confused when we bathed our kids and the water in the bath tub was yellowish.
- The additional tax payment was slightly confusing when we booked the stay
- The phone in the living needs to be replaced (was not working)
- Highlight the taxi company that offers child seats in the prep-documentation
Thanks for the great experience - we will come back!
Amazing property, clean room, beautiful view, and wonderful staff at the resort.
It was beautiful . We love it. We are already planning on returning and letting family members know of this beautiful place.
We stayed four nights at the Pelican Grand and had a wonderful time! The view was spectacular, the beach was awesome and our little guy had a blast at the pool! We had all positive experiences and would definitely stay again if we are back in the area!
Comfortable and clean with gorgeous ocean view!
We stayed at the Pelican Grand at the end of March with our 3 kids (6,8,8) and had a wonderful family vacation! We loved having the beach and very warm pool as it was a bit chilly and windy when we visited. The food and drinks were a bit pricey at the hotel, but everything was delicious and the service was great. We did rent a car and therefore dined off site and went on several adventures! We would definitey stay there again!
Room was beautiful, beds comfortable. But remember to go thru VRBO. The remainder of out trip we rented thru Pelican Grand. Had several issues. Wished we would have thought earlier n rented thru Sue for entire trip.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Service Charges: -One mandatory final cleaning fee of $75, plus 12% tax, is required -Additional cleaning is available at $35/per request, plus 12% tax, payable to the front desk -Valet parking is $33/day, plus 12% tax, payable to the front desk -The resort requires that you be at 21 years old and have a valid credit card