Secure, beachfront, guest house, one bedroom with high quality queen bed, full bathroom with large shower, fully equipped kitchen, bar, living room with flat screen Cable TV, DVD with about 200 DVD's, WiFi, and a large screened porch.
The loft has a full size bed, seating and sink/vanity. The house is ideal for a couple, but can sleep four.
As of June 5. 2018 I found that at least 6 guests over the last yea sent 5 star reviews but VRBO policy changed last year, no reviews will post if they didn't use VRBO's online booking. I now have to use online booking. If you have any questions about current reviews I can forward you contact information from recent guests/
This is a small, clean, modern house next to a classic island home on over 3 acres of private property. The property extends from the road to the beach in a quiet, safe area of Sandy Bay, at Spooky Channel in the Marine Reserve - includes use of the dock.
We continue to upgrade the house with modern and custom furniture (inside and on the deck), new linens, electronics, dishes, cutlery, kitchen appliances and BBQ.
We, the owners, live on-site in a classic island house and are available to provide information, arrange transportation and activities, borrow cooking ingredients/utensils and assist you any way we can to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible.
We personally pick you up at the airport, take you to the grocery store, then to the guest house. We provide information about the guest house, the area, the island, and answer any questions. We will bring you back to the airport at the end of your vacation and can print any tickets/boarding docs.
You are welcome to the fruit from any of our trees/bushes on-site. We have coconuts (year around), cashews, papayas, mangos, nonis, breadfruit, bananas, plantains, soursop, starfruit, avocados and hot peppers (seasonally).
• Swimming, snorkeling and world class diving is easily accessible on the coral reef right out front, use of the dock included with fresh water shower and covered area.
• We are ideally located 10 minutes from West End, where you’ll find many dive centers, restaurants, beach bars, shopping, and small grocery stores and also 10 minutes from Coxen Hole, the major town on the island.
• Large, screened porch with seating, table, lighting.
• Air conditioning in the bedroom, ceiling fans throughout, mobile fan, reading lights.
• Fully equipped kitchen, modern appliances, filtered water/water cooler
• Washing machine (w/detergent) and clothes line off the deck
• Free internet access on-site and cell phone (phone provided with 20-30 minutes locally and to the US/Canada about the same price). You buy extra, inexpensive minutes.
• 2 person kayak, 2 mountain bikes, beach lounge chairs, hammock, snorkel marker, floatation devices, some snorkel equipment, beach front picnic facilities, horseshoes, volleyball - all included, (guitar and djembe drum available upon request).
• On deck is a gas BBQ (charcoal BBQ and fire pit available).
• 32” flat screen TV with local cable. DVD player and DVD library with about 200 movies, speakers for mp3 hookup, radio.
To enjoy your stay, you must be OK with dogs. We have 2 dogs that are good with guests but do bark when unfamiliar people or dogs come around, but they provide great security.
Direct flights to Roatan are currently available from Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Toronto and Milan. Main carriers are United and Delta, and American from the US and Sunwing or Air Transat from Canada.
Keywords: villa, bungalow, beach, ocean, private, house, scuba, snorkeling, quiet