10 bdm/8 1/2 bath-New starting May 2018 Boat dock and pier!!!! This newer constructed home is perched high on top of one of the most beautiful lots on Kings Lynn drive. This home is perfect for all occasions. Can accommodate that of a Bed & Breakfast. 360 degree long range views that encompass the Ocean, Intracoastal Waterway, Marsh, and the Sound. This house boast 2 large flat screen TVs in the family rooms and 10 smaller flat screen tvs, one for each bedroom. There will be no reason to fight for a room with a tv in this beautiful home. There are 2 blu ray players with wifi enabled to connect to your netflix accounts, and 3 more dvd players located in 3 of the bedrooms. The spiral staircase leading up to the 3 level deck has the most breathtaking views on the entire island. This area is the perfect get away for admiring the Lockwood Folly Inlet, the Intracoastal Waterway, the Lockwood Folly River, the Blue Water Point Marina, the sound, wildlife, fishermen, boaters, jet skis, and unbelievable sunsets. Enjoy the ocean views from one of the 2 large decks on the front of the home. Sit back and relax in one of the rockers or just lounge around in one of the chairs. Large outdoor grill, picnic table, deck furniture, private pool with pool-side bathroom, outdoor hot tub, plenty of parking underneath, 3 stop elevator, free long distance calling, wireless high speed internet, ice machine, and fenced in yard. Large equipped kitchen with 2 refrigerators, ranges, and microwaves is a gourmet cooks dream and perfect for catering for large gatherings. The kitchen bar seats 18 comfortably. The table buffet seats another 7. This buffet butts up to a triple window with a view that will leave you speechless. Imagine yourself sitting at this buffet for dinner, gazing out the triple window up the waterway and sound to Blue Water Point Marina. The kitchen and family room is completely open so everyone will be part of the conversation. The Wet bar area has a full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Great for weddings or family reunion. Extra electrical outlets were added underneath the house for large events to be held there. Two family rooms and multiple decks to expand your living area. The beach access is located directly across the street on Beach Dr from this home so getting to the ocean is easy. Bring all of your family and friends to "Beach Mountain" for a vacation of a lifetime!
Close to Beach with 360 degree elevated views-direct access to beach.
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 14, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Great house with wonderful views. No dock yet but coming once permitted
Owner and Better Beach Rentals very prompt and responsive to request/ concerns .
Hello Deborah! Thank you so much for your review! We are excited that you have given us such great feedback. We are working very hard for all of our vacationers and it is so wonderful to see it paying off!! Thank you so much! We hope to 'SEA' you on your next vacation! Life is Better at the Beach!
Nine ladies with 60th plus birthday celebrations
The location is great, space is great, amenities of the pool, hot tub and two kitchens great! The house needs some TLC for upkeep and supplies, and I think for the daily price, at least toilet paper should be provided. Overall we took away some fabulous memories, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
Hello Lindy, thank you for leaving your review. I am delighted to hear that the house could accommodate your needs. I hope the birthday party was spectacular! We hope to 'SEA' you on your next vacation to Oak Island...Life is Better at the Beach!
Beautiful Home with some rental issues
• Beautiful property
• Response time of Pool Maintenance and Elevator repair services
• Well stocked kitchen
• Comfortable furniture in the living areas
• Lots of closest and storage space
• We had requested that the pool and hot tub be ready when we arrived on Saturday. They were not clean and we reported it immediately. Pool Services came out immediately and cleaned the pool but the hot tube was still not right. They did not come out to clean it until Monday so we were unable to use the hot tub all weekend.
• Several of the lights were out in the house. We purchased light bulbs for some as we did not get a call back after leaving a message on the off hours line. There are still several lights out in showers and lamps.
• The lights in the stairwell and second floor would not come on. After doing some investigation, we found the fuse box and found that several fuses had tripped.
• The internet was very unreliable and we were told it was not anything that could be fixed.
• It was advertised that each room had a TV and cable. 5 of the bedrooms the cable was not working. We called for support and someone came out Monday and took some boxes and cables promising to return on Wednesday to replace them. We kept calling and no one showed up until the following Wednesday despite several work orders being turned in. In the end, we did not have cable in 4 of the rooms for the entire vacation time which made it very frustrating.
• Couple of the bedrooms the beds had been broken and repairs attempted but in one room specifically the bottom right corner dropped below the rest of the bed and the top left corner was higher than the rest of the bed making it uncomfortable.
• There was a full bathroom on the lower level that was locked and we were not able to use it. This was inconvenient for those using the pool and the hot tub.
• We asked for a broom because there was not one in the house and it took two days for us to get one. In the mean time we had a mess of sand to clean up so we had to go out and by a broom ourselves.
Our family had a wonderful time together but all of us agreed that having to call in work orders every other day for things that were wrong, missing or not working was not how we anticipated spending our vacation. When we arrived and looked at the house we all thought we have found a great place to rent year after year. After our experience we are not sure.
We all enjoyed the stay.
Hello Vasu, thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful review!
The Staff at Better Beach Rentals are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at our property Beach Mountain. I hope you and your family had a vacation full of sandcastles, sun, and great seafood! To let you in on a little secret for next year, our staff is currently going through all of our properties making slight improvements that will make your experience even more memorable! You’ll have to come back and check it out! We are excited to 'SEA' you on your next vacation to Oak Island….Life is Better at the Beach!
Big on space and fun!
The location is fabulous and the views are phenomenal. The outdoor spaces are perfectly situated and plentiful. The space planning was well done and clearly very well thought out for large groups - not just in terms of lots of bedrooms and bathrooms but the variety of room sizes, kitchen amenities, layout of the private vs public spaces, extra air inverter to help keep the room temps perfect, and double "everything" (refrigerators, washer/dryer, stoves, coffee pots, blenders etc). The kitchen had multiples of everything you could ever need - utensils, tools, pots, pans, serving dishes, cutting boards - we didn't need anything but the food and paper products. We were at max capacity allowed but never felt that we were all on top of each other - and we were all coming and going (getting ready) at the same time every day as we were there for a baseball tournament. There was outstanding group spaces for eating and hanging out. The downstairs living room with the wet bar area and recliner couches and chair made it the perfect hangout for the tweens and teens in our group.... they had their own space and the adults had their space. The outdoor shower (and actual bathroom) was an amazing feature as was the elevator... especially since the main kitchen is on the top floor. The house itself, inside and out was very well maintained and the long driveway provided more than enough parking for our large group.
The only "negatives":
* Needs more routers - that many people need lots of WiFi all over the house.
* Needs more hooks in the bathrooms for wet towels and swimwear (most just had towel bars). More hooks by the showers or on the backs of doors is a must.
* Dirty linens were left on site (not on the beds etc - they were bagged up, just not taken away) - we had plenty of fresh linens though. Housekeeping just didn't take the old ones away (even though the last renters had been there 3 weeks before).
* A few dead (and one live) bugs (the kind you don't want to see...). Obviously it is next to impossible to keep bugs away from food, water and lots of people but there were some there.
* The grill in the pictures is not the grill on site. Needs a better grill out there - this place is for a big group - you can not accommodate a big BBQ on a small "community park" type grill.
* The descriptions of the bedrooms say 1 room with 2 twin beds and the rest are King or Queen rooms. The downstairs front room is a full sized bed - not a queen.
The amenities, layout, and the location with all the fun filled memories deserve 5 stars. However, I took off 2 stars because the cleaning crew for the second year failed to wash the comforters and the dishes. The dishes were in the cabinets and drawers with grease and food on them. I am grateful someone came to get the comforter to wash it and return it immediately, it was very unsanitary. The overall stay was so relaxing until we agreed we will be back next year.
From $380-$770 per night
(11/10/2012 - 1/4/2013) $380.00/night $2,495.00/week
(1/5/2014 - 3/28/2014)&(10/4/2014-1/5/2015) $430.00/night $2,795.00/week
(3/29/2014 - 5/16/2014)&(8/30/2014-10/3/2014) $615.00/nig $3,995.00/week
(5/17/2014 - 6/13/2014) $770.00/night $4,995.00/week
(6/14/2014 - 6/27/2014) 7 Day Min. $6,495.00/week
(6/28/2014 - 7/4/2014) 7 Day Min. $6,995.00/week
(7/5/2014 - 8/8/2014) 7 Day Min. $6,495.00/week
(8/9/2014 - 8/29/2014) 7 Day Min. $4,995.00/week