* Nightly rental rates vary from $250 - $400/night depending on the number of bedrooms needed/visitors. VRBO's regular "Rate" section does not allow me to list my rates accurately*
- $250/night base rate for 1 bedroom + $40/each extra bedroom or each extra 1-2 people up to $400/night, as when the family room is used as an extra bedroom with the Queen Aerobed. For stays of 5+ nights the daily rate will be discounted, with deeper discounts the more nights you rent.
- 3 night minimum for renters who want only one bedroom .
- 2 night minimum November - May for more than 1 bedroom, and 4 night minimum June - October and holidays.
I may accept 2 night rentals when the property is requested 14 to 30 days of the rental date, but I will charge a higher per night rate. No reservations made within 14 days of start date.)
- Discounted rate for 5+ nights using all bedrooms
- Other fees: $190 cleaning fee, $50/dog for whole stay, 10% El Dorado County Occupancy Tax, A refundable security deposit check of $500 sent to the owner is required.
Please click on "Ask owner a question" if you need more information before booking, or on "Request to Book" if you are ready.
Our country home is situated on 11.5 private acres of foothill countryside. Gorgeous in any season, you will cool off in the pool from Memorial Day through September, and warm up in the outdoor covered hot tub (on the deck right outside the master bedroom,) any time, even in the rain. There is Dish TV/DVD/VCR in the master bedroom and the downstairs family room. The family room also has ping pong, a Kareoke machine, many games and puzzles, and an extra optional queen Aerobed.
On the main floor are the master suite with a king bed, and another bedroom with a queen bed and a small TV showing only videos - with videos suitable for children. The great room, with wood burning stove is comfortable for gathering all the guests. The kitchen, well stocked for the cook, will allow you to provide impressive meals. Downstairs, are two more bedrooms, a bathroom, and the family room. The larger downstairs bedroom has a king bed, and two twin beds. The smaller downstairs bedroom has a queen bed.
Outside the master bedroom and the great room is a very large deck with hot tub, wrought iron table and chairs, Adirondack chairs, and gas grill. On the lower deck, there is a shaded swing chair outside the large bedroom door perfect for a peaceful morning cup of coffee and a book. Nighttime stargazing is spectacular especially when you lie on the foam mats located in the living room. A large fenced-in area adjacent to the house can be used for a dog run; but in the dry seasons, you must be careful about burs and foxtails. Also outside, are 3 flat camping platforms and a tree house for those who want to get even closer to nature for sleeping, drawing, or meditation.
Access to the property is at the end of a private road. The last .8 mile is a gravel and then bumpy dirt road. One must go slowly on this part of the drive, but my car is a Prius and I've had no problems with it due to the road when driving slowly. It is not suitable for RVs or motorcycles. Because it can be tricky to find, my property manager will meet you at a convenient spot several miles away, shepherd you into the property and acquaint you with the house. You will feel very much in the country at the house. The closest neighbor has horses, a donkey, and a peacock. Although the feeling there is very rural and un-manicured, you are only about 10 minutes from convenience stores in Diamond Springs or Somerset, and about 20 minutes to supermarkets, a movie theater, and the center of Placerville.
If you visit for just a weekend you probably won't want to leave, but if you do, or are here for longer, try wine tasting in the town of Fair Play, the October Apple Hill festival 30 minutes away in Camino, white water rafting from Coloma, hiking to the Cosumnes River Gorge, or sledding in winter near Sly Lake. (We rarely have snow here, but driving only 15 minutes will provide fun in the snow in the winter.)