Location: The Crane House is at a prime location within the coveted “Golden Rectangle,” literally two minutes to the sand or our favorite bench over-looking Carmel beach. In the other direction we are a few blocks to town, restaurants and shops and small market in the village center. You can go for days without getting in the car.
House Description: The house occupies a bright corner lot and is surrounded by Live Oaks and a Redwood. This peaceful three-bedroom home is well-suited for families with children, a couple looking for a romantic getaway or a group of friends sharing a beach rental.
The recently (2018) remodeled kitchen is light and airy, with a counter-height island for informal dining, a modern gas range/oven, microwave, dishwasher, large refrigerator, and coffee makers. French doors and a wall of windows face the morning sun and a secluded patio area and yard packed with trees, ferns, camellias, and azaleas, perfect for lounging in the sun on warm days or by the fire pit. Another set of French doors from the main dining area provides a second access to the patio and garden, leading to the large living/dining room filled with art from the owner's Grandmother, who lived and worked at Crane House. This home has classic Carmel charm, updated with a contemporary vibe with the original owner’s art complementing that of her grandson, the current owner, mid-century woodblock prints and photographs, many inspired by the California Coast.
Bedrooms: The Master Bedroom on the ground floor has a king-sized bed and is next to one of the two full baths (bathtub and shower). Two bedrooms and a second bath are on the second floor. The East bedroom has a queen-size bed and looks down onto the patio area and directly out into the garden and redwood and oak tree canopy. The third West bedroom features two full beds and a partial, distant ocean view. It is perfect for young children or a third couple. A sofa-bed/couch in the living room extends the possibilities for additional guests.
• a new Miele washer/dryer in downstairs hall,
• off-street parking behind the house,
• beach chairs/ linens, comforters,
• Cable TV, Wi-Fi and the new Apple smart speaker system, “HomePod."
Perfect For Families and Adventuresome Adults: We have equipment for infants and children:
• infant and booster seats, high-chair
• a Pack N’ Play,
• umbrella stroller,
• sand toys.
Nearby and Things To Do: Carmel is two hours from San Francisco and an 1.5 hours from the heart of Silicon Valley. Families with children or playful adults will love the beach, seals on the pier or bike paths in the dunes in Monterey and a “must do” visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Going further afield, consult our well curated home list and trail guides for special Big Sur forest locations, waterfalls, wildflower hikes or go visit the otters, seals and hundreds of bird species on a float trip in nearby Elkhorn Slough. The Boardwalk in Santa Cruz or Hearst Castle in San Simeon are a long day trip away. Or, for less strenuous days and adult interest, visit Carmel Valley, Steinbeck’s house, galleries in Carmel or boutique wineries in the Salinas Valley along River Road.
There’s so much to see and do, including major events such as:
• AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Golf championship in February,
• Pebble Beach Food & Wine in April,
• Monterey Bay Blues Festival in June,
• Bach Festival in July,
• Concours d’Elegance in August,
• Monterey Jazz Festival in September,
• Carmel Art & Film Festival in October, and more.
• Lease is for a minimum of thirty days but contact owner for possible lower rates, Fall through Spring, for short-duration occupancy.
• Non-smoking house.
• Refundable security deposit of $500; $500 non-refundable cleaning and utility fees.
• See website for additional agency fees
• Please inquire about well-behaved pets.