Are you the type of person that is more comfortable surrounded by the beauty of nature, rather than the hustle of the big city? Does your heart feel free when the sounds you hear are the chorus of birds, rather than the honking of car horns? Does your 'furry' family member accompany you on some of your greatest adventures? If your answered 'yes' to any of these questions, than our cabin may be the perfect place for you, and your family.
Rented for six night blocks, on a seasonal basis from mid May thru October, our cabin is located on a quiet 76-acre pond in Newark, VT, in the heart of the northeast Kingdom. We are located on a mountain pond with woodlands for miles! The back side of the pond is in a land trust, so your waterfront views are flanked by majestic Green Mountains as your backdrop - not the neighbors across the way! Privacy, and nature reign here! Excellent fishing for cold water species on site (Lake Trout, Brown trout, etc), and if our waters do not yield great returns, we are a 5 min. drive from 5 other major lakes in the area. Property is available to rent seasonally by the week only. Check in time is Sunday, check out is Saturday. Additional days/nights may be available - please inquire. Discounts available for stays of two weeks or more. Please specify dates of interest in inquiry. Please read on for more details!
Our cabin is furnished with 2 Queen beds, and one twin bed. It offers rustic furnishings, linens, cookware, and electric utilities, including TV, DVD player & microwave. Please note - if you are looking for state of the art amenities, or 4 star luxury, than this is not the cabin for you. The emphasis here is on basic comfort, and the focus of beauty is on the surroundings around you! We have easy town road access. Please note - there is no internet service, and cell phone service may be spotty. The emphasis here is nature - not technology! The pond offers excellent trout fishing, loon watching and birding. There is an aluminum row boat furnished, and a beautiful 24' x 8' deck with picnic table off the cabin. Eat outdoors on on our deck overlooking the water, and enjoy the views! We also have another waterfront deck, with an attached 30' dock, just steps away. The cabin is a quiet place for time alone - perfect for the nature lover - great for laid back, old fashioned family vacations, honeymoons, or just relaxing. If you are an active outdoorsman, the hiking, biking, fishing and boating are wonderful! We are minutes away from Kingdom Trails, and a great place to stay while you explore the Kingdom, and everything that it has to offer.
We are dog friendly - your well behaved dogs are welcome for a non-refundable pet fee of $150.00 for your first dog, and a $50.00 fee for a second dog. There is a maximum of two pets allowed at any given time. Please note pet fees are not included in rental rate, and would be additional. Great swimming, hiking, fishing - close to Kingdom Trails, and Burke Mountain. Perfect spot for the avid fisherman, as it is centrally located and moments away from Island Pond, Newark Pond, Bald Hill Pond, and so many more! Excellent Brook fishing as well! Enjoy all that the Northeast Kingdom has to offer! If you are looking for the BEST views anywhere in the Northeast, and want to experience feeling like you have found a little slice of heaven in the wilderness, than our property is the place for your next vacation!
• Bathroom, Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen and Dining Area located conveniently on first floor - perfect for our elderly guests.
• Upstairs bedroom features magnificent views of the water - imagine waking up views of the water every morning of your stay!
• Our property features the LARGEST private lot anywhere on the water. It has a lots of flat, grassy areas, with stunning water views. Perfect for a game of badmitton (provided).
• Perfect for the avid outdoors enthusiasts, we are moments away from Kingdom trails, (biking trails) and hiking trails.
• Outstanding fishing and non-motorized boating opportunities.
• Outdoor (charcoal) grill provided for your outdoor cooking needs.
• Outdoor fire pit for the perfect campfire, overlooking the water. Great swimming in the pond, or try your hand at fishing or boating.
• Linens, towels and bedding, and dishes are provided. Guests are asked to provide their own toiletries, food, and paper products.
For additional photos and information, and to reserve this property, please e-mail.
$750 weekly (Up To Four Persons)
July thru October (Cabin Closed For Season Mid-October - see calendar)
$800 weekly (Up To Four Persons)
• Add an additional mandatory 9% Vermont Rental Tax to Weekly Rental Rate selected.
• Rates shown are for a maximum of 4 persons. A 5th person may occupy, with prior permission, for an additional $100.00 per week.
• If you are traveling with pets, there is a two pet maximum. Pet fees of $150.00 for the first dog, and $50.00 additional for the second dog would be added to your rental rates. Pet fees are non-refundable, and are used towards the cost of keeping the camp flea and pest free for the safety and comfort of our guests. Sorry, no cats allowed.