New Scenic Vacation Bungalow View of the River(10 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath House, Comfortable accommodations for 2 to 4.
Full stainless steel kitchen, dining area, granite tile bathroom and living area. Wireless high speed internet, TV, local channels. Private redwood deck with view of river. Walk to town,
steps to the river.
Located on “Walking Tour Map of Downieville”.
Available year-round in historic Downieville
Call or E-mail to book your stay in this magical, historical place.
firstname.lastname@example.org Sorry no Pets!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- ATTEND! Gold Rush Days, a step back in time, Fourth of July 'Fireless Fireworks' and Parade, Yuba Theater movie nights, Downieville Classic Bike Race, and the Antique Bottle Show, to name just a few. EXPERIENCE! Within walking distance, The Sierra favorite “Grubstake Saloon n Restaurant', La Cocina Mexican takeout w/ river deck seating, Two River’s Café International Cuisine and ”, & the Mountian Bakery. 7 restaurants/café’s, St Charles Saloon and 49er Wine Bar. EXPLORE! Re-live the gold rush days as you drive along Hwy 49 to Downieville or view memorable Fall colors in October. Visit our museums/mines. FISH! and Swim! In the clear waters of the Yuba River and its tributaries and in mountain lakes. SHOP! 9 shops along 3 blocks! RIDE&HIKE! To hidden lakes or lofty mountain peaks on the well-marked trails maintained by the USFS. WALK! Grab the “Walking Tour Map” from any merchant. 23 fascinating historical sites from the gold rush era. This is “The Playground of the Sierras!'...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Water Tubing
- Air Conditioning
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 2 - Jul 5, 2017
3 night min stay
Aug 2 - Aug 7, 2017
5 night min stay
Aug 25 - Aug 28, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning $45
- Tax Rate 10%
A cleaning deposit may be higher for long term stays.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2010
About: 'Major' William H. Downie, a renowned gold prospector, recognized as the founder of Downieville, California.As the first house built in the area, this was a rustic log cabin situated high above the river. It is by virtue of this structure that Downie claimed to be the founder of Downieville. He was said to have offered a coffee can full of gold if they would name the town after him.
Why Downieville, CA, USA:
A destructive fire in the early 2000, claimed Downie's original cabin site. Happily, a new bungalow has recently been completed on the site and is available for short term rental. You can experience the beauty and serenity which William Downie recounted in his memoirs. 'The scene that burst upon us was one of marvelous beauty and after these many years, it still lays before me like a lovely panorama in my recollection of the moment I first saw it.'
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
Walk to town, steps to the river. Available All Year. River view bedroom, pillow top queen bed. Granite and marble tile full bath. Spacious kitchen, breakfast bar, dining and living area. Full, pull-out sofa bed. Relaxing river view on private redwood deck. Large patio space available for special events.
- Primary: 5302654085 Email is an immediate response.
Links to more information:
Major William Downie Quarters
Deck space for barbecue and outdoor gatherings
Inside living room adjacent to fully equiped kitchen
Pillow top Queen bed
Granite tile Bath
Downie Manor with 'the Quarters' nestled in Tahoe National Forest
Hansen Bridge looking toward Downie Manor
Beautiful swimming holes
Plaque at Quarters
'Major Downie Quarters' Redwood viewing deck/patio of the Downie River.
View of River from bedroom
Extra patio space for events
Downie River From Hansen Bridge
Hiking trails abound
Fun Times In Downieville
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, February 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.