|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Our mountain getaway retreat sits atop the peak of Lakewoods Village on a spacious acre with open lots on both sides. It provides everything couples and families need for the ideal rejuvenating getaway. Relaxing in the peace and quiet comes easily as you gaze upon the Southern Oregon Cascade Mountains from the mile high 700 sq.ft. redwood decks.
The Ultimate Oregon Cabin in the Woods
Northwest Cabin Design
* 3 br/2ba - sleeps 6-8
* giant master suite with a walk in closet and king bed opens to a deck facing right in to the adjacent Winema National Forest
* second bedroom has a queen bed and custom log furniture. Third bedroom has twin/full bunk bed set.
* loft has sleeper sofa and library with books on hiking and things to do and see.
* great room has comfortable furniture, big screen TV with DVDs, formal dining table, and bar seating.
* spectacular mountain and valley views through the east facing windows
Year Round Recreational and Cultural Attractions
* a short walk puts you onto the famous Pacific Crest Trail and a short drive and you're at Lake of the Woods with its lodge, boating and restaurants.
* its a short hop to Ashland's Shakespearian Theater Festival. Performances February through October.
* discover the historic town of Jacksonville and the Peter Britt Festival, the Pacific Northwest's premier outdoor summer music festival.
* Klamath Falls is a great birding destination.
* Hike Mount McLaughlin and Visit Crater Lake National Park, America's deepest lake... 'Like no place else on earth'
* fish for celebrated steelhead, salmon, and trout that have drawn many here for ages.
* golf on the scenic natural landscape of the champion caliber Running Y Ranch and golf resort.
* cross country ski, snowshoe and snowmobile on 500 miles of groomed trails that are accessible right from the cabin and Lake of the Woods. And there are snow-parks to go sledding and tobogganing for the little ones.
* explore the romantic countryside while experiencing the region by visiting numerous vineyards and wineries, farms, and specialty tasting rooms on the Oregon wine and farm tour.
We encourage you to do as much or as little as you desire, after all, it is your vacation. We feel you will want to repeat your visits every season as the area is transformed revealing its natural beauty. Start creating your memories now.
WE also offer last minute discounts...call us at telephone numbers listed.
We love having folks stay at our home, and the positive response we receive by our guests tells us that they enjoy staying at our home too.
Dennis is retired after a long career and Yeman is a part time RN. We have 5 kids and 3 grand kids so far.
Dennis Michael purchased this cabin in 2007
Our entire family enjoys the beauty of the mountains, lakes and natural attractions near the cabin. And at the same time we enjoy the many cultural attractions of Southern Oregon.
Near Crater Lake, Lake of the Woods, Howard Prairie Lake, Fish Lake and Mountain Lakes
and Sky Lakes Wilderness.
Close to Pacific Coast trail, Mount McLoughlin hiking, Lava Beds National Monument.
Great fishing, hunting and birding. Snowmobiling right from cabin. River rafting on Rogue and Klamath rivers.
Also Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Britt Music Festival in Jacksonville.
We spent Thanksgiving here with extended family and enjoyed the peace and quiet. We had snow and found a trail at the end of the cul de sac made by snowmobiles which was a great pathway for a walk. The cabin was clean and comfortable with two bunk beds, a king and a queen bed and a queen sleeper. The fireplace was great but needs kindling and/or firestarter. The kitchen is fairly well equipped, but if you need specialty items, ask to make sure they are available or bring your own. There is no dish or cable (which was fine by me!) but there were plenty of DVD movies to watch on a good size TV, though no blue ray capability and internet was slow DSL as of this writing. But that was all good, because we wanted to spend time with family. Walking, cooking together, having meals together and...snowball fights!...was what we came to do. Mission accomplished. Dennis is a very nice guy and easy to work with. We'd come back.
Our stay at Lake of the Woods was great. The home was clean and matched description. The owner was easy to work with obviously caring about the property. Location suited to using the local lakes more than long distant visits such as Ashland or Crater Lake. Main table could use more than the 4 chairs provided.
We were exploring the area for retirement possibilities and only stayed at the cabin briefly. It was well equipped, very comfortable. Nice amenities. Our dog loved chasing squirrels. Beautiful and Quiet.
We enjoyed our stay tremendously. Our two kiddos loved the bunk bed and games. It was super comfortable for 5 adults and 2 kids; comfy beds, stocked kitchen, beautiful deck...we had a blast walking in the woods behind the house, and I enjoyed my evening cigar on the deck while listening to my family laugh and play inside. We will be back.
We had a great time in this house in the forest. It was very clean and it has everything you may need. We just missed a table for six so we could eat together as a whole family.
This mountain property is a great choice for anyone wanting to get away from it, as there is no cable TV (only DVDs), limited internet service and no cell phone service once you step outside. The house is also dog friendly, so my husband and I were able to bring our dog and we all enjoyed getting some fresh air and unwinding for a few days.
Visit Crater Lake
Lava Beds National Monument
Sky Lakes and Mountain Lakes Wilderness Areas
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.