Breathtaking Views from Every Room! Newly Remodeled! Close to National Parks!
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Spend your vacation in the Vermillion Canyon Hideaway in beautiful Kanab, UT. This newly remodeled, 2-story home, is located in the upscale and secluded area of The Ranchos. The Ranchos is situated a convenient 2.5 miles from town, restaurants and shopping, but offers larger, private, treed lots nestled in a canyon of the scenic Vermillion cliffs. Surrounding you is a private and pristine 3-acre lot with tall pines, pinion pines and cedar trees. Every room of this home has large windows with “million dollar views” of the surrounding cliffs, beautiful trees and wildlife such as rabbits, deer and a multitude of birds ranging from quail to blue jays to falcons.
Your home-away-from-home boasts 2 separate living areas, upstairs and downstairs. Two rental options are available.
1) For 1-4 people, the private and separate downstairs quarters offers 1 large bedroom with beautiful Queen Sleigh bed, living room with Queen sleeper sofa, two comfortable recliners and a 47 inch TV & DVD player, 1 full bath with tub/shower combination, a fully stocked kitchen including electric range, oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave and dining area for 4, and full size washer/dryer. WiFi connection is available. Step out the private downstairs entry door onto a large covered patio and adjacent uncovered flagstone patio. A gas BBQ grill is available. The lot is elevated, offering expansive views of the Vermillion cliffs, trees, and twinkling lights of the town at night. To further expand your view, an expansive upper level, covered deck is accessible. **If you are renting the separate downstairs area only, there will be no access to the upstairs interior of the home. To preserve your privacy, the upstairs will NOT be rented out during your stay.
2) For 1- 8 people, rent the entire home! An inside door separating the downstairs from the upstairs will be unlocked and opened to give you complete access to both levels of the home. In addition to the downstairs amenities, the newly remodeled and tastefully furnished upstairs level provides you with a large living room with wood burning stove, 50-inch flat screen TV, and acacia hard-wood floors. The gourmet kitchen has new cherry- stained knotty alder cabinets, copper farmhouse sink, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances including refrigerator/freezer, double oven, convection microwave, 36” gas cook top and dishwasher. There is seating for 8 at the maple dining table. Step out the upstairs kitchen door onto the expansive covered deck and enjoy the amazing views. The Master Bedroom boasts a beautiful Mansion-style King size bed with memory foam mattress, wall-mounted flat screen TV. The adjoining Master Bath contains a large, beautifully tiled shower with seat and massaging showerhead. The 2nd bedroom has a 4-post Queen bed . The second upstairs bath is beautifully tiled and boasts a new whirlpool jetted tub, shower, and large vanity with copper sink.
Kanab enjoys a mild-moderate change of season. It is a beautiful place to visit year around, even in the winter! The days are typically sunny, even when cold. It snows on occasion, though it is normally not heavy and does not affect the local roads. The snow on the Vermillion cliffs is a gorgeous sight to see.
The activities are almost endless in and near town. Take a short drive into town for dining, shopping, 2 grocery stores, Redbox movie rentals, 2 movie theaters, museums, public pool with large slide, park with playgound, and old movie sets. Enjoy hiking on numerous nearby trails. Learn about Kanab history and see real dinosaur tracks inside the Moqui Cave just north of town. Rent an ATV to ride on one of many nearby trails or take a guided jeep or ATV tour! The world famous Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is located just north of town in Angel Canyon; take a tour there or volunteer to work with the animals they serve. Ride a zip-line through canyons just miles north of town. Kanab is an easy day trip to several national parks, such as 40 miles to Zion National Park, 80 miles to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (seasonal from mid. May thru mid. October), and 79 miles to Bryce Canyon National Park.
Our Vermillion Canyon Hideaway home is very special to us and we are happy to share it with others. We hope you fall in love with it the way we have. Welcome and enjoy!
Member since: 2013
- 2800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 1-8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Rent 1st and 2nd floors
Jan 1 - Dec 30, 2016
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $150
- Tax Rate 13.2%
Rent 1st Floor Only for parties 1 - 4. $125.00 per night, $100 cleaning fee, 13.2% tax. Minimum stay 3 nights.
Rent 1st & 2nd Floors for parties 1 -8. $245.00 per night, $150 cleaning fee, 13.2% tax. Minimum stay 5 nights.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 3 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We purchased this home because we fell in love with Kanab while on vacation. The scenery, fresh air, and friendly people are beyond compare. Kanab is a perfect place to relax, or, to use as a convenient landing place between many national parks which are an easy day-trip away.
Why the Owner Chose Kanab, UT, USA:
This property is easily one of the best in town! Located on an elevated, treed, private 3 acre lot, the views are tremendous from every angle and from both the upstairs and downstairs of this home.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This property has been newly remodeled to bring out the best the home has to offer. The expansive covered deck and patio enhance the viewing experience. The 3 acre grounds are pristine and breathtaking. The upstairs gourmet kitchen provides the chef with a great cooking environment, or, serves as a beautiful gathering place for friends and family. The bedrooms are all beautifully furnished with upgraded mattresses and sumptuous linens. This home is truly a gem!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Vermillion Canyon Hideaway. Long, private drive. Secluded & Private.
Step out the kitchen door, and enjoy the deck!
Beautiful & expansive upper deck & lower covered patio. Amazing view from both
Upstairs wood burning stove. For heat, or just ambiance. 50' TV, Netflix movies
View from Upstairs Dining Room window. Kanab is a winter wonderland!
Upstairs dining room. Space to enjoy a meal & company of friends & family. Views
Private Master Bath.
Country elegance in the 2nd upstairs bedroom with Queen bed. Views!
Country cottage-style downstairs kitchen.
For the 'downstairs only' renter: This is your private entrance...
Queen size sleigh bed in downstairs bedroom. Views!
Large and comfortable downstairs living room. Large 47' TV, DVD player. Views!
Private pristine 3 acre lot with trees nestled in a canyon
Enjoy the cliff views by day and twinkling lights of the town by night!
Casual & elegant upstairs living room. Comfort and luxury! Views!
Didn't we say views??? Amazing view from upstairs living room window!
Chef's dream! Double oven & 36 in gas cooktop round off the upgraded appliances
Upstairs Master w/beautiful king bed and wall mounted 37' flat screen TV. Views!
Spacious & beautiful tiled Master Bath shower with seat & massaging shower head.
Upstairs hall bath w/copper sink,beautiful cabinets,jetted soaking tub & shower.
Cozy dining for 4 in the downstairs kitchen.
Expansive downstairs covered patio-with views!
Queen size sofa sleeper sleeps 2 in the dwnstairs LR.There is a door for privacy
Bathroom shower / tub / vanity in downstairs
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 27, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees