About the property
- Estate4000 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Gated property, 5 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms, Beautiful Views And Breeze
Failla Villa is a five star resort experience. The home sits on 5 tranquil acres with beautiful views all around. Lush tropical landscaping surrounds the mediterranean style home. All the comforts of home and more…MUCH MORE!
- Gated security
- Entire property fenced in
- Clay Tennis Court
- Grass Volleyball Court
- Black bottom pool with waterfall feature
- 2 jacuzzi's
- Gorgeous 9 hole miniature golf
- Outdoor kitchen and BBQ area with fireplace and pizza oven.
- Large shade pergola with comfortable seating for 12. Overlooks tennis court and views of sunsets
- Beautiful front yard gazebo next to river and overlooks mountains.
- Courtyard next to kitchen with BBQ for more outdoor dining
- Failla Pines (a mini campground to pitch a tent or park your RV. A peaceful river, picnic benches, and bon-fire area)
- Koi Pond
- Hammock Hut - a fun place to read, chat or take a nap
- Awesome hiking and biking trails just minutes away.
- 2 large horse corrals - bring your own horses.
- Motorhome to rent for additional housing
- The 4000 square foot home was professionally decorated and offers comfortable lounging and sleeping arrangements.
- The home comfortably sleeps 10 in beds.
- We have an extra bedroom/bathroom (the Poolside room) that can be rented in addition to the home. Sleeps and extra 3 guests.
- If RV is also rented (sleeps up to 4), the total property capacity is 17.
- 3 bedrooms have 2 twin beds and its own private bathroom.
- Poolside bedroom (if needed for extra housing) - sleeps 3, private bathroom.
- Master bedroom can sleep up to 5 and has a large bathroom with 2 sinks, sunk-in tub, separate shower and large walk-in closet. It also has its own patio entrance.
- Large, fully equipped kitchen.
- Large walk-in kitchen pantry
- Family room with fireplace and 52' TV
- Dining room with seating for 8 and a cozy fireplace.
- Living room with fireplace and seating for 9. Opens to pool patio and yard.
- Book Nook - a library with panoramic views and lovely breezes.
- Garage has weights, ping-pong, foosball, extra refrigerator.
- Laundry room
- Bathroom off of laundry room
We have one outdoor cat (Sneaky) - he is very friendly. We also have a Koi pond. We will ask that someone in your group be in charge of feeding the cats and the fish each day. If you would prefer not to, please let us know and one of our staff will come each morning to feed them.
Plenty of sunshine year round.
* Ramona is at 1800 Feet elevation and usually above the marine layer and fog.
* Summer months (Jun - Sep) are warm to hot during the day. However there are lovely breezes that help it feel a bit cooler. Night time temperatures may be slightly cool to warm. Rain is very rare. We usually get some days of strong santa-ana winds during September and October.
* Non-summer months (Oct - May) are comfortable during the day. Night time temperatures are cool. Rain (although minimal) is more prevalent during Dec - Mar.
* Jan - Apr (F): 66 - 72 highs, 37 - 43 lows
* Jan - Apr (C): 19 - 22 highs, 3 - 6 lows
* May - Sep (F): 77 - 100 highs, 48 - 58 lows
* May - Sep (C): 25 - 31 highs, 9 - 14 lows
* Oct - Dec (F): 66 - 81 highs, 36 - 48 lows
* Oct - Dec (C): 19 - 27 highs, 2 - 9 lows
Terms and Pricing:
AGE LIMIT: Rental is for ages 30 on up.
PRICING: For vacation rental pricing, click on the RATES tab.
RATES: There is a minimum stay requirement during weekends and summer season. There are discounts for long-term rentals. Rates may increase during the summer months May-September.
CORPORATE RENTALS & SPECIAL EVENTS: Contact us for information related to corporate stays, retreats, ( we do not host weddings or receptions) , longer vacation stays, etc. We can issue Payment Invoices based on specific requirements.
RECEIPTS: Electronic receipts (invoices) are issued to the customer upon each financial transaction.
RENTAL AGREEMENT (RA): A RA will be emailed to you upon confirmation of reservation. It must be completely filled out and signed prior to rental. The RA must be returned (along with 50% rental deposit) within two weeks after reservation is confirmed. The RA can be signed by one of the following methods: (1) electronic signature or (2) print out hard copy, sign, and scan/email back to us. (3) mailed to us.
BEFORE YOU DECIDE: let us know if you would like to look at a copy of the RA before making a decision. We'd be happy to email one to you. If you would like a tour, please give us a call. We'd love to show you around.
RENTAL DEPOSIT: Deposit of 50% is necessary to hold/confirm the reservation and is due within 2 weeks after receiving RA. Payment must be in the form of a check and mailed to residence. If you would like to pay by credit card, please contact us.
RENTAL BALANCE: The remaining balance is due/charged 4 weeks prior to the Check-In date.
SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT: Security deposit of $79.00 must be purchased via VRBO in order to book.
Misc Charges: If guests would like pool heated during winter, the fee is $85 per day. Housekeeping fee is $300 for main house and $350 if using the poolside bedroom as well.
REFUND POLICY: 100% of RENTAL DEPOSIT at 60 days or more prior to start date, 50% of deposit at 30 days prior to start date, no refund within 14 days of start date.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
My wife and I purchased the home and quite literally transformed it inside and out - all with YOU in mind! We have lived in Ramona for almost 50 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. When we saw this property for sale, we knew it would be such a blessing to countless folks who want to escape to the countryside for fun and relaxation.
Heidi purchased this Estate in 2011
Why Heidi chose San Diego Country Estates
There is no other property in Ramona (or possibly in the north county San Diego area) that offers what our property offers. You get the biggest bang for your buck at Failla Villa with all the amenities, comfort and beauty! Our desire is that Failla Villa be a place of total relaxation and that precious memories would be made here. Our guest book is full of sweet praises about how they felt refreshed, care for and spoiled by all aspects of the property. Mission Accomplished! We are so grateful for all who have stayed at Failla Villa - they have become like family. We simply can't wait to meet you and hope that you would find Failla Villa to be a place that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations!
What makes this Estate unique
We fell in love with every unique inch of the property as we saw such incredible potential! We have had such fun making it a one of a kind, jaw dropping property. There is truly so much to enjoy at Failla Villa! Everything from the personal little touches in the home, enjoying a cup of coffee on the front porch rockers, to the bon-fire pit for roasting marshmallows, to sitting under the gazebo listening to the babbling brook, to reading a book in the hammock hut or the Book Nook. The mini-golf course is not only fun and challenging to play, it's beautiful to look at. The views, breezes, landscaping, sunsets and the glory of the brilliant stars, all speak for themselves. We are positively confident you won't want to leave.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Wonderful home and property with so many fun activities.
We had a great stay at Failla Villa. The home is clean, inviting and comfortable and the property grounds are beautiful with spectacular views. We enjoyed all the fun activities such as tennis, mini golf, shuffleboard, ping pong, pool and so much more. A nice soak in the spa after a full day of activities was very relaxing. It was the perfect place for our get together to celebrate our friend's birthday.
Perfect in every way!
The owners have thought of everything to make one stay exceptional. The activities, the home, everything. You won't be disappointed
Thank you for coming!! It was such a treat to meet you and your lovely family and grandkids. Always a pleasure for us to know that families like yours value time with one another more important than anything else. We are so pleased you chose Failla Villa as the place to create more memories as a family. Hope to see you all again someday.
What a wonderful weekend. I brought my gymnastics team here for our retreat and we were not disappointed. There was so much to do and beautiful places to relax and reflect. Heidi was wonderful to work with. We loved it here and wished we could have stayed longer. We hope to come back again!
Amazing Property for Girls Getaway/Birthday Weekend
I would first like to thank Heidi for all her help, she's a gem. She was extremely accommodating, kind, responsive, made herself available, etc. When we finally met in person we hugged, she's good people! The house itself is perfectly laid out, all bedrooms are on one side (most with twin beds, which is great for groups) and living space on the other. Well stocked kitchen (although it would be great to have more re-usable plastic cups/plates), pool floats and towels a plenty. The TV/Music was easy to work, and there was a handy handbook about the house we had for reference, which we did not need as Heidi had already walked us through everything. There's an additional room we did not rent, but would be great for a family get together with kids...and the campfire and Winniebago! The grounds are amazing, we didn't get a chance to utilize the clay tennis court, or mini golf, but we have plans to come back with our families! The beds are comfortable and the house is extremely well taken care of and clean. We not only would recommend this house, but we are definitely planning on returning! It's the perfect place to come and chill, no need to leave!
Lots of things to do
Great place for the whole family
Look no further...this is the place!!
We were three families all traveling from different places here to vacation together for a week. This house had everything and more. Not only was it stunning but they truly thought of everything. We have older kids and between the pool, mini golf, the tennis court, volleyball and hammocks we barely saw them as they were so entertained. It was a great place to "unplug" from social media and just be together. The large kitchen and outdoor bbqs made it so easy for us to cook for everyone and the large gathering areas outside were the perfect place to dine. The house and property is amazing. There is so much to do on the property but also hiking areas right outside the front door...its a little ways away from the city and was the perfect place to just unwind and not have to do anything too! We met most of the staff and family associated with Failla Villa and truly left feeling like we've known them forever. Its a true retreat!
Thank you so much for such a delightful review. So happy you all enjoyed the home and property and made use of everything! Mission accomplished. We hope you all left refreshed with loads of happy memories.
We absolutely LOVED meeting you and your precious family and were sorry to see you leave. And thanks again for leaving everything so perfect! Blown away!
Please know you've got a "second" home in Ramona - we'd love to see you all again next year.
Take care. Hugs to all!
Failla Villa is located on a hill overlooking the gorgeous countryside of Ramona. We are approximately an hour away from downtown San Diego, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, stunning beaches, and mammoth shopping malls. We are 35 minutes from San Diego Safari Park, the famous historic town of Julian, and movie cinemas. Just minutes away you will find epic hiking, mountain biking and horse trails, golf courses, fishing, antique stores and boutiques.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
* You must be at least 30 years old to book this property. *During the Spring and Summer months (May-Sept) we require a 3 night booking for weekends. ALL CUSTOMERS: A Rental Agreement (RA) must be filled out and signed by the customer prior to rental. The RA will be sent to you via email. It can be signed via electronic signature or hard copy. VACATION RENTAL: RA must be completed within 7 days after reservation is confirmed. SPECIAL EVENT: Contact us for terms and pricing. Sorry - no weddings or receptions allowed.