About the property
- Condo1255 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay0 - 7 nights
Fire up the grill - there's something to celebrate!
It could be the sound of ecstatic children, giggling with joy as they float down a 700-foot lazy river (aka your front yard). Or perhaps it's the massive, split level patio that you're currently stretched out on, in easy view of the tiki bar, gas grill, numerous picnic tables and comfy benches. Or maybe it's everything: this beautiful home, this spacious patio, this complementary bottle of wine, this impossibly sweet sea breeze - all yours, for as long as you'd like.
But let's not kid ourselves (pun intended). The big draw of this "Riverside Headquarters" (officially, Sandpiper L-06, bayside) is the family-appeal: literally steps to the lazy river, you'll probably only see your kids at mealtime. And who could blame them? At 700 feet long, 4 feet deep, 10 feet wide, and flowing with a man-made current, you can literally tube the day away. And parents, you can rest easy, too: you can easily watch them floating from the shaded comfort of your two-story, split level, riverside porch.
Everyday life at your Riverside Headquarters is about your enjoyment. Professionally decorated, this lanai-level condo is the epitome of Florida cool: pastel colors, beachy palms, soft textiles and seaside décor complement the soaking tubs, thatched bar and fresh artwork.
But hey, we know you're not just here for the river access, huge split-level patio, and three bedrooms: you're here for Destin West Resort. And we don't blame you. The resort's list of amenities is almost embarrassing, with offerings like a 5,000 square-foot swimming pool, kid-friendly zero-entry (aka beach) pool, two giant Jacuzzis, winter-heated waterfall pool, and the region's largest lazy river. (And it lights up at night!)
Meander across the resort's private footbridge, and you're on a pristine, white-sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico's Choctawhatchee Bay. Rent boogie boards, sea kayaks, or jet skis; sign the kiddos up for resort activities; and sweat off Florida's epicurean delights in the state-of-the-art fitness center. Yes, without a doubt, Destin West Resort is one of the most family-friendly, well serviced, and upscale locales on the island.
THIS CONDO IS PERFECT FOR:
A lot of rentals force you into cookie cutter molds. Not us. At Coastal Vibe Vacations, we believe that every vacationer has the right to a personalized vacation that's tailored to their needs and wishlist. With that in mind, this Riverside Headquarters is well suited to:
* Multigenerational Families: If you're traveling with three generations - grandparents, parents and a couple of kids - you'll have plenty of space.
* Large Families: Large families, especially those with younger and older children, love to spread out at Riverside Headquarters. And of course, the littles just can't get enough of the lazy river!
* Families Traveling Together: If you prefer to vacation with another family, you can easily sleep two couples and 2-3 children.
* Parents Who Value Accessibility: Traipsing up and down, up and down is tiring. Riverside Headquarters is convenient and easily accessible, so you can easily hop in for a diaper change or afternoon nap without being totally separated from your family or group.
* Big Groups: A great home base for bigger groups, our incredible lanai patio is the perfect gathering spot when your group has rented out several Destin West condos.
NEARBY ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS:
The condo is conveniently located on Destin's Okaloosa Island, just steps away from a veritable buffet of things to do, places to see, and experiences to live. Even if you spent a few months here, you'd be hard-pressed to fit in even half our list of favorites!
That said, we're also happy to make recommendations for activities and attractions further afield; just let us know what you love to do, and we'll make it happen. We also send all guests our complementary Destin Insider's Guide, complete with special discounts and deals exclusively for Coastal Vibe guests!
Now without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things:
* Destin West Resort: 7 outdoor pools, 3 whirlpool spas, a lazy river, private beach access, children's programs, a fitness center, special winter programs, and more awesomeness await.
* Private charter fishing: Wet your line and experience why Destin has been nicknamed the "luckiest little fishing village," with catches like red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, and more. Plan your fishing early, and spend the rest of your stay grilling up your catches!
* Motor boating: Make waves and catch rays! Fire up the engine and cruise down the bay, inquire in quiet coves, drop anchor at Crab Island for an afternoon dip, or follow a pod of dolphins - the bay is your oyster.
* Local beaches: Dig your toes into powder-soft, white sand at any of the 13 public access beach points in Destin.
* Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Take the kids (and kids-at-heart) to see dolphins, sea lions, seals, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, otters and much more. Animal shows and behind-the-scenes encounters held daily.
* Championship Golf: Unleash your skill and swing at Destin's numerous world-class golf courses, including Kelly Plantation, Rigatta Bay, and Sandestin's four championship courses.
* Shopping: If you get the zen to spend, head over to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Destin Commons, Harborwalk Village, Baytowne Wharf, and other Destin shopping hotspots.
* Go-carts and Mini-Golf: Go wild at The Track, a recreation center with go-carts, mini golf, bumper boats, bungee jumping, arcade games, and more.
* Day cruises: Explore the Gulf of Mexico, your way - theatre cruises, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, and more. There's even a pirate cruise to thrill your youngest family members!
* Water recreation: Popular water sports include waverunner rentals, paddle-boating, kiteboarding, parasailing, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
* Other activities: There are bike and jogging trails, the Emerald Coast Conference Center, Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park, old-timey Boardwalk, and plenty of other things to do in and around Destin.
* Rainy Day?: Mosey on over to the neighboring Fudpuckers (a one-of-a-kind Destin experience!) and its Fat Daddy's arcade, and see if you can earn enough tickets for your dream prize - or beat my NBA Hoops high score. (Betcha can't.)
ABOUT COASTAL VIBE VACATIONS:
Coastal Vibe Vacations is not some faceless company, so let me introduce myself. My name is David Jenn, and I've been exploring Destin for more than 15 years. I love Okaloosa Island with a passion - a passion I promise I'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams.
When you book with Coastal Vibe, you're talking with me. Always, every time. I'll help you pick the perfect condo (I manage nearly a dozen) and will offer recommendations based on you, not some preconceived notion. Our booking process is simple and I'm available by phone, text or email. I promise to go above and beyond.
HAVE QUESTIONS? ...OR READY TO BOOK?
Well, you've made it this far. What are you waiting for? Just click that yellow Email Manager and clue me in to your wishlist. Or simply click the "Book It" button and start packing! I look forward to helping you have an amazing and care-free vacation!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
About David Jenn
We are Coastal Vibe Vacations, a small property management company that has 50 properties and we look to serve you. We've owned & managed properties on Okaloosa Island for 14 years now. We love Okaloosa Island with a passion - a passion we promise we'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams. We look forward to connecting with you and hosting you for your future vacation.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
We LOVE this location and condo
We always enjoy working with David Jenn!
Great condo, great location, amazing pools! Seriously, we had the best time. Spent many nights grilling and eating on the patio (we actually ate almost all meals on the patio). We travelled with a 14 month old and being just steps away from the best pools on the property was amazing. It was so convenient to swim and then head back to the room for a nap! We'd stay here again!!!
Oh yay!! Thanks Elizabeth. I am so pleased your family had such a relaxing stay. This is the perfect condo for families and also a griller in the family. I love that it is so close to the pool as well. We would love to have your sweet family come back soon. ~ David
Wonderful property with a great location!
This is our second time staying at Destin West. This unit was a perfect unit that comfortably held our family. The location right off the lazy river and pool was just perfect. We spent many hours floating around and wish we could stay longer.
I would highly recommend this unit as it is managed by the owners. They are so prompt and thoughtful. It was a much better experience than renting the other through a management company.
We had concerns of the hurricane disrupting our trip and the owner was so prompt and on top of things that it eliminated any concerns. We are ready to book again for next year - and would highly recommend to anyone else!
Monica...So thrilled your family enjoyed their stay. Destin is so beautiful and so is this incredible condo as well. We are always here to answer any questions too. While we can not predict your weather, we can always be available to help in any way to make your vacation as perfect as possible. We can't wait to see you again soon. ~ David and Lisa
The place was great!! I am very particular and I was overly satisfied. The Lanai unit was super convenient. It had a garage storage area underneath the unit so we could store all of our sandy beach items. The grill was pretty cool. It was nice being right next to the lazy river. I have 3 little kids and it ended up being a relaxing vacation. In 2018, it will be our 3rd time staying at the Destin West complex. I can't see how it can get any better than this.
We are so thankful your experience exceeded your expectations! We, too, are super particular, so we appreciate hearing you were overly satisfied! The lazy river is awesome for both kids and adults, so I am glad you had easy access to that amenity! We look forward to hosting your family for your 4th visit to Destin West in the future!
Awesome Family Condo!!!
We had a 4 year & 2 10 year olds & They did not want to get out of the Lazy River Pool!! The outside poolside grill was wonderful! The condo was decorated beautifully!! A few things was fixed while we were there; so it's ready for the next family!! It was fixed quickly & expeditiously!! Loved it & was a tremendous hit!!!
Connie....Thrilled your family enjoyed their stay. This is the absolute perfect condos for kiddos, as it is right off the lazy river. We love it and so easy to just sit on the patio and relax. We would love to host your family again soon. ~ David
This was our 2nd time in L06, we loved the accommodations and the resort. We love the outdoor kitchen and the deck area. There was plenty of room for 4 kids and 4 adults. We were just steps from the lazy river, hot tub and pool areas. The resort is very clean and family friendly. The owner of this unit was readily accessible and helpful with information. Sunset on the Bay was incredibly beautiful. Looking forward to next year's vacation.
Bettye...We can't wait for your family to return. Thanks so much for your review. We love hearing that our families come back year after year. It is just so nice to find the perfect vacation spot for the entire family. Call me again when you are ready to come back. ~ David