|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Fire up the grill - there's something to celebrate!
It could be the sound of ecstatic children, giggling with joy as they float down a 700-foot lazy river (aka your front yard). Or perhaps it's the massive, split level patio that you're currently stretched out on, in easy view of the tiki bar, gas grill, numerous picnic tables and comfy benches. Or maybe it's everything: this beautiful home, this spacious patio, this complementary bottle of wine, this impossibly sweet sea breeze - all yours, for as long as you'd like.
But let's not kid ourselves (pun intended). The big draw of this "Riverside Headquarters" (officially, Sandpiper L-06, bayside) is the family-appeal: literally steps to the lazy river, you'll probably only see your kids at mealtime. And who could blame them? At 700 feet long, 4 feet deep, 10 feet wide, and flowing with a man-made current, you can literally tube the day away. And parents, you can rest easy, too: you can easily watch them floating from the shaded comfort of your two-story, split level, riverside porch.
Everyday life at your Riverside Headquarters is about your enjoyment. Professionally decorated, this lanai-level condo is the epitome of Florida cool: pastel colors, beachy palms, soft textiles and seaside décor complement the soaking tubs, thatched bar and fresh artwork.
But hey, we know you're not just here for the river access, huge split-level patio, and three bedrooms: you're here for Destin West Resort. And we don't blame you. The resort's list of amenities is almost embarrassing, with offerings like a 5,000 square-foot swimming pool, kid-friendly zero-entry (aka beach) pool, two giant Jacuzzis, winter-heated waterfall pool, and the region's largest lazy river. (And it lights up at night!)
Meander across the resort's private footbridge, and you're on a pristine, white-sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico's Choctawhatchee Bay. Rent boogie boards, sea kayaks, or jet skis; sign the kiddos up for resort activities; and sweat off Florida's epicurean delights in the state-of-the-art fitness center. Yes, without a doubt, Destin West Resort is one of the most family-friendly, well serviced, and upscale locales on the island.
THIS CONDO IS PERFECT FOR:
A lot of rentals force you into cookie cutter molds. Not us. At Coastal Vibe Vacations, we believe that every vacationer has the right to a personalized vacation that's tailored to their needs and wishlist. With that in mind, this Riverside Headquarters is well suited to:
* Multigenerational Families: If you're traveling with three generations - grandparents, parents and a couple of kids - you'll have plenty of space.
* Large Families: Large families, especially those with younger and older children, love to spread out at Riverside Headquarters. And of course, the littles just can't get enough of the lazy river!
* Families Traveling Together: If you prefer to vacation with another family, you can easily sleep two couples and 2-3 children.
* Parents Who Value Accessibility: Traipsing up and down, up and down is tiring. Riverside Headquarters is convenient and easily accessible, so you can easily hop in for a diaper change or afternoon nap without being totally separated from your family or group.
* Big Groups: A great home base for bigger groups, our incredible lanai patio is the perfect gathering spot when your group has rented out several Destin West condos.
NEARBY ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS:
The condo is conveniently located on Destin's Okaloosa Island, just steps away from a veritable buffet of things to do, places to see, and experiences to live. Even if you spent a few months here, you'd be hard-pressed to fit in even half our list of favorites!
That said, we're also happy to make recommendations for activities and attractions further afield; just let us know what you love to do, and we'll make it happen. We also send all guests our complementary Destin Insider's Guide, complete with special discounts and deals exclusively for Coastal Vibe guests!
Now without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things:
* Destin West Resort: 7 outdoor pools, 3 whirlpool spas, a lazy river, private beach access, children's programs, a fitness center, special winter programs, and more awesomeness await.
* Private charter fishing: Wet your line and experience why Destin has been nicknamed the "luckiest little fishing village," with catches like red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, and more. Plan your fishing early, and spend the rest of your stay grilling up your catches!
* Motor boating: Make waves and catch rays! Fire up the engine and cruise down the bay, inquire in quiet coves, drop anchor at Crab Island for an afternoon dip, or follow a pod of dolphins - the bay is your oyster.
* Local beaches: Dig your toes into powder-soft, white sand at any of the 13 public access beach points in Destin.
* Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Take the kids (and kids-at-heart) to see dolphins, sea lions, seals, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, otters and much more. Animal shows and behind-the-scenes encounters held daily.
* Championship Golf: Unleash your skill and swing at Destin's numerous world-class golf courses, including Kelly Plantation, Rigatta Bay, and Sandestin's four championship courses.
* Shopping: If you get the zen to spend, head over to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Destin Commons, Harborwalk Village, Baytowne Wharf, and other Destin shopping hotspots.
* Go-carts and Mini-Golf: Go wild at The Track, a recreation center with go-carts, mini golf, bumper boats, bungee jumping, arcade games, and more.
* Day cruises: Explore the Gulf of Mexico, your way - theatre cruises, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, and more. There's even a pirate cruise to thrill your youngest family members!
* Water recreation: Popular water sports include waverunner rentals, paddle-boating, kiteboarding, parasailing, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
* Other activities: There are bike and jogging trails, the Emerald Coast Conference Center, Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park, old-timey Boardwalk, and plenty of other things to do in and around Destin.
* Rainy Day?: Mosey on over to the neighboring Fudpuckers (a one-of-a-kind Destin experience!) and its Fat Daddy's arcade, and see if you can earn enough tickets for your dream prize - or beat my NBA Hoops high score. (Betcha can't.)
ABOUT COASTAL VIBE VACATIONS:
Coastal Vibe Vacations is not some faceless company, so let me introduce myself. My name is David Jenn, and I've been exploring Destin for more than 15 years. I love Okaloosa Island with a passion - a passion I promise I'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams.
When you book with Coastal Vibe, you're talking with me. Always, every time. I'll help you pick the perfect condo (I manage nearly a dozen) and will offer recommendations based on you, not some preconceived notion. Our booking process is simple and I'm available by phone, text or email. I promise to go above and beyond.
HAVE QUESTIONS? ...OR READY TO BOOK?
Well, you've made it this far. What are you waiting for? Just click that yellow Email Manager and clue me in to your wishlist. Or simply click the "Book It" button and start packing! I look forward to helping you have an amazing and care-free vacation!
David Jenn - (850) 888-0515
We really enjoyed our time at Destin West. It served our needs well and we would repeat the rental again.
We had a wonderful vacation at Destin West Beach and Bay Resort. We chose this particular lanai condo for the spacious room it had for entertaining. This was a family vacation, 30 of us in all. We hosted dinner 3 different nights during the week. Everyone enjoyed themselves and there was plenty of room for dining.
Booking the unit was very easy. We received all the information we needed via emai. The location is perfect. A short drive to the local grocery store, restaurants and most importantly short walk to the beach. The unit was fantastic. Large with spacious rooms. The layout was perfect. We really enjoyed the beach theme. The pool and lazy river were awesome! Great spot for vacation. We will be back!
We all absolutely loved our stay at this condo! It had great amenities and a wonderful layout! We will be coming back to this particular condo for our vacations in the future! Great people to rent a condo from!
We have been visiting Fort Walton Beach area for 30+ years and have rented from Navarre to Destin. This was by far the very best condo and location we have ever rented. I will not hesitate to stay there again and will probably look no further for a vacation stay! The access to the beach, lazy river, pool, bay, eating, and having all the space on the patio with easy in and easy out of the lazy river was just too much. Everyone in my family all said it was the best vacation yet. Check in and check out was a breeze and the property admin was always available for any questions/concerns. I could not recommend a property with any more than a 5 star stay!! Was truly the best of the best!!
It was great and very relaxing loved the grill outside and the tiki bar unit with 3 bedrooms and couch that made into bed came with my grandchildren and my children I did not want to come home. Hope we can go again soon!!