About the property
- Condo1573 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay0 - 7 nights
3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Penthouse Condo with Private Rooftop Terrace and Hot Tub.
Heaven is just a quick spin up a spiral staircase - a short ascent to your own, private rooftop deck, where a hot tub bubbles beneath the stars and fresh fish roasts on the gas grill. It's dinner and hot-tubbing with 360º views of the Gulf of Mexico, Choctawhatchee Bay, and Okaloosa Island. And of Destin West Resort, a beautiful sight day and night, with its 700-foot lazy river, swaying palms, sugar-sand beaches and dunes, and cool sea breezes.
From your penthouse perch - one of the highest points on all of Okaloosa Island, by the way! - the bay feels so close, you'll be tempted to reach out and ripple your fingers through the jade and sapphire waters. From your oversized balcony, which feels secluded thanks to the building's staggered patios, you'll wish only to stare out at the view, where sunrise and sunset sweep their pastel paintbrushes through sky, smearing the sea and stars in unbelievable hues. From Stairway to Heaven (officially Osprey PH-04, bayside), you'll never want to descend back down to reality.
This penthouse condo was built for spreading out: you'd think 1,573 square feet of living space would be sufficient, but Stairway to Heaven ups the ante with a 350 square-foot balcony and an enormous 1,252 square-foot roof deck - that's 3,176 total square feet of living space. In other words, enough for the whole family and then some!
We're betting you'll never want to leave the condo's sun-drenched outdoor spaces, but if you can drag yourself inside you're in for a treat. Three bedrooms - one king, one queen, and one twin-on-full bunk with twin trundle - accommodate eight guests perfectly. But spacious bedrooms aren't even the greatest draw: upgraded luxuries are found throughout Stairway to Heaven, from the master Jacuzzi tub, to the full-sized washer/dryer, to the well-equipped kitchen (hellooo, granite counters!), to the cozy beds, to the Smart HDTV. Say it with me: ooooh! aaaah!
But hey, we know you're not just here for the 360º views, rooftop terrace, and three bedrooms: you're here for Destin West Resort. And we don't blame you. The resort's list of amenities is almost embarrassing, with offerings like a 5,000 square-foot swimming pool, kid-friendly zero-entry (aka beach) pool, two giant Jacuzzis, winter-heated waterfall pool, and the region's largest lazy river. Booyah, we said lazy river. (And it lights up at night!)
Meander across the resort's private footbridge, and you're on a pristine, white-sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico's Choctawhatchee Bay. Rent boogie boards, sea kayaks, or jet skis; sign the kiddos up for resort activities; and sweat off Florida's epicurean delights in the state-of-the-art fitness center. Yes, without a doubt, Destin West Resort is one of the most family-friendly, well serviced, and upscale locales on the island.
This condo is perfect for:
A lot of rentals force you into cookie cutter molds. Not us. At Coastal Vibe Vacations, we believe that every vacationer has the right to a personalized vacation that's tailored to their needs and wishlist. With that in mind, Pelican's Perch is well suited to:
* Large or Multigenerational Families: Traveling with a few kids (up to 5!) or as a multigenerational group? With 3 bedrooms, there's space for everyone.
* Small Families Traveling Together: If you've teamed up with another family for your vacation, you can easily assign the adults to their own bedrooms and have the kids (up to 4) bunk together (or sleep on the pullout sofa).
* Vacationers Who Love Views: It doesn't get much better than our incredible Choctawhatchee Bay and pool/lazy river views!
* Lovers of Luxury: If you love vacationing in the lap of luxury, you'll feel right at home in the penthouse, with its private rooftop hot tub and grilling station.
* Holiday Revelers: Our condo is perfect for holiday celebrations, especially Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's.
Nearby Activities & Attractions
The condo is conveniently located on Destin's Okaloosa Island, just steps away from a veritable buffet of things to do, places to see, and experiences to live. Even if you spent a few months here, you'd be hard-pressed to fit in even half our list of favorites!
That said, we're also happy to make recommendations for activities and attractions further afield; just let us know what you love to do, and we'll make it happen. We also send all guests our complementary Destin Insider's Guide, complete with special discounts and deals exclusively for Coastal Vibe guests!
Now without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things:
* Destin West Resort: 7 outdoor pools, 3 whirlpool spas, a lazy river, private beach access, children's programs, a fitness center, special winter programs, and more awesomeness await.
* Private charter fishing: Wet your line and experience why Destin has been nicknamed the "luckiest little fishing village," with catches like red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, and more. Plan your fishing early, and spend the rest of your stay grilling up your catches!
* Motor boating: Make waves and catch rays! Fire up the engine and cruise down the bay, inquire in quiet coves, drop anchor at Crab Island for an afternoon dip, or follow a pod of dolphins - the bay is your oyster.
* Local beaches: Dig your toes into powder-soft, white sand at any of the 13 public access beach points in Destin.
* Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Take the kids (and kids-at-heart) to see dolphins, sea lions, seals, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, otters and much more. Animal shows and behind-the-scenes encounters held daily.
* Championship Golf: Unleash your skill and swing at Destin's numerous world-class golf courses, including Kelly Plantation, Rigatta Bay, and Sandestin's four championship courses.
* Shopping: If you get the zen to spend, head over to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Destin Commons, Harborwalk Village, Baytowne Wharf, and other Destin shopping hotspots.
* Go-carts and Mini-Golf: Go wild at The Track, a recreation center with go-carts, mini golf, bumper boats, bungee jumping, arcade games, and more.
* Day cruises: Explore the Gulf of Mexico, your way - theatre cruises, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, and more. There's even a pirate cruise to thrill your youngest family members!
* Water recreation: Popular water sports include waverunner rentals, paddle-boating, kiteboarding, parasailing, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
* Other activities: There are bike and jogging trails, the Emerald Coast Conference Center, Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park, old-timey Boardwalk, and plenty of other things to do in and around Destin.
* Rainy Day?: Mosey on over to the neighboring Fudpuckers (a one-of-a-kind Destin experience!) and its Fat Daddy's arcade, and see if you can earn enough tickets for your dream prize - or beat my NBA Hoops high score. (Betcha can't.)
About Coastal Vibe Vacations:
Coastal Vibe Vacations is not some faceless company, so let me introduce myself. My name is David Jenn, and I've been exploring Destin West for more than 15 years. I love Okaloosa Island with a passion - a passion I promise I'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams.
Well, you've made it this far. What are you waiting for? Just click that yellow Email Manager or Book It button (on right) and clue me in to your wishlist. I'm looking forward to it!
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
About David Jenn
We are Coastal Vibe Vacations, a small property management company that has 50 properties and we look to serve you. We've owned & managed properties on Okaloosa Island for 14 years now. We love Okaloosa Island with a passion - a passion we promise we'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams. We look forward to connecting with you and hosting you for your future vacation.
Pool / Spa
Cold but still had fun
Property was great
Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We are so happy you and your family had a great stay back in December. This winter has been a bit chilly, but we are thrilled you enjoyed the property. We can not wait to host you again soon. ~ David and Lisa
Thanks so much for your 5 star review. We are thrilled you had a wonderful vacation. Please let us know when you are ready to come back. ~ David
condo, weather and beach not up to par
It could have been a nice property if it had been cleaned properly and every thing was operational. I have already sent a detailed email to Mr. Jenn.
Thank you so much for your feedback, as we always want our families to have a 5 star stay. We hope you are able to come back, as we will make sure the condo is to your liking. ~ David
This place had it all! Spacious, with great outdoor space. LOVED having our own hot tub. Kitchen had everything we needed.
We are so thankful your stay met or exceeded your expectations. Who wouldn’t love a private hot tub?!? We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
oh my goodness where do I begin?
So many wonderful things happened on this trip, but honestly the highlight was our condo. My family loved everything about the porch that overlooked the amazing pool (even more beautiful at night) and the bay! My 6 year old daughter saw so much marine life from our rooftop, we could see sting rays dolphins and manatees. I love how it's not carpeted inside so If your staying for a week like we did, it makes for an easy sand sweep up. David was such a cool owner that he was totally fine with us staying an extra day! It was so perfect we didn't wanna leave! Will hopefully be back same room same time next year.
Hi Amber. I am so thrilled your enjoyed your stay. I love this pent house as well. It is so fun and relaxing. We love seeing all the marine life as well, so I love that your daughter saw some dolphins. =) Please know that we would love to have your family back anytime. From our family to yours. ~ David and Lisa
This condo is amazing. We came as 3 couples trying to get away from the workplace. Having the hot tub on the roof is definitely worth paying a little extra for as opposed to the other rooms in the complex. Having a private grill on the roof was nice too. We definitely saved some money by grilling out instead of eating out every night. Honestly it was a super awesome vacation. The unit itself was super clean and very relaxing. Hopefully we will be staying there again soon.
Hi Nick. I am so glad you had such a relaxing stay. I love the balcony as well. It is just so easy to grill out and enjoy your company. As always, please contact me anytime you are ready to return. ~ David