Luxury Vacation Home on the Rim of the New River Gorge, Near Fayetteville, Wv.(11 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
ASK ABOUT OUR WEEKLY & SEASONAL RATES - SAVE BIG!!
The combined open split-level living, dining and kitchen space focuses on the New River Gorge Bridge and outdoor deck with fire pit. The kitchen and dining area are elevated two feet above the living area to allow a full, sweeping view of the landscape.
The master suite has a wood-burning fireplace and sliding glass doors that open to expose the bedroom to the great outdoors and gorge views.
You will be just minutes away from Fayetteville, West Virginia, recently named 'One of America's Coolest Small Towns' by Budget Travel Magazine. Fayetteville is home to eclectic and unique art galleries and boutiques as well as diverse, independently owned, restaurants and eateries. Enjoy locally-brewed craft beer and sample authentic Central American fare at Diogi's Latin Cuisine or visit Pies & Pints Pizzeria, named one of the Top 20 Pizza Spots in the U.S. by The Huffington Post.
If you are looking to have fun in the great outdoors, look no further. The Cliff House is located in the heart of all things adventure. We are immediately adjacent to Adventures on the Gorge, a full service outfitter with three restaurants and huge pool. Book your endless fun activities there. With outdoor activities available nearby for all ages and ability levels, the Cliff House can serve as your hub for a fun, memorable adventure vacation.
**Adventures and Activities**
- World-class whitewater rafting and kayaking available on the Gauley River (Ranked as one of the top 10 whitewater rivers in the world)
- Family rafting and float-trips on the New River
- Renowned rock climbing opportunities throughout the New River Gorge and within an easy walk from the front door via a trail built in co-ordination with the Access Fund
- Nearly 10 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails accessible from the front door
- 13 miles of IMBA-built single track at the Arrowhead stacked-loop trail system (within a 10 minute drive)
- Aerial adventures, a high-speed zipline and an amazing canopy tour system is only 1 mile away
- Nearby fly fishing (and guided float trips) for trout and smallmouth bass
**Cliff House Specifications**
- Sleeps up to 8 people in four bedrooms each with private bath.
- Office has an additional bed if desired
- 3200 Square feet of living space
- Laundry room
**Cliff House Features**
- Deck with fireplace and outdoor seating
- Large dining table and complete gourmet kitchen
- Wild Rock Trail, just steps from the front door, provides access to miles of hiking and biking trails
- Spectacular living room, with large glass doors and windows for the best views of the New River Gorge
- Wood burning fire place inside, gas grill outside
- Adjacent to Peregrine Park and Bocce Ball Court and fire pit
- Outdoor shower for a quick clean-up after your day of adventure
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 3200 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Events Allowed
Please see the picture of the staircase in the house. It was designed without a railing on one side to take advantage of the full length windows. As a result there is a gap where unsupervised young children could fall and seriously injure themselves. Because of this safety concern we do not wish to rent to guests with children below the age of ten. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Master Bedroom has a king bed and wood burning fireplace. The bedroom opens up with sliding glass doors and floor to ceiling windows to let the views of the New River Gorge wake you up in the morning. The other three guest rooms also share the same great views of the New River Gorge. Each guest room also has it's own full bathroom....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe:
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 7 guests; add $100 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $100 + tax
- Cleaning Fee $175 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Tax Rate 12%
Cancellation Policy - Cancellations made greater than thirty days from the arrival date will receive a full refund less a $50 per rental day processing fee. Cancellations made less than thirty days from the arrival date that result in a shortened stay, including late arrival or early departure, do not warrant any refund of rent. Cancellations made less than 30 days from the arrival date are 100% non-refundable unless we are able to rebook the house for those days. In this case, we will refund the rental expenses minus a $50 processing fee.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Inside our community are 10+ miles of hiking/biking trails along the border of the New River National Park and our trails connect with the national park trails. We also have a pond for fishing/canoeing, a park with bocce court and grass area, several scenic overlooks and community fire pits. We are less than a half mile from Adventures on the Gorge (http://adventuresonthegorge.com) who will help you set up any number of outdoor activities: rafting, climbing, canopy zip lines. Adventures on the Gorge also has 3 great restaurants, a playground and very nice pool. Their campus is a great place to find food and entertainment without having to drive. Just a few miles away though is the town of Fayetteville with great restaurants like Pies and Pints for local pizza and beer or the Secret Sandwich Society for hand crafted sandwiches and burger.
Year Purchased: 2010
About: Carl Frischkorn is the managing partner of Optima Properties WV, LLC and founder of Wild Rock West Virginia. Additionally, he is an active angel investor in early-stage and real estate companies. Mr. Frischkorn has been a management consultant and venture capitalist since 1980, with specific focus and management experience in real estate and natural resource-based companies. He helped seed and oversee more than 40 start-up or early-stage companies and has acquired and manages royalty-producing mineral properties. He also has been an active real estate developer of properties in West Virginia, Florida, Virginia and Texas. Mr. Frischkorn received his degree in architecture from Princeton University in 1975. Over the past 30 years, Mr. Frischkorn has developed more than 100,000 acres of rural land, including Wild Rock West Virginia—a sustainable mountain home community perched atop the New River Gorge in southern West Virginia. He was the former owner and operator of the historic Cheat Mountain Club and developed an adjacent community amidst the Monongahela National Forest in Randolph County, WV.
Why Victor, WV, USA:
Fayetteville's Finest Vacation Rental Home!
- Primary: 304-894-2818
Stairwell: open with a small gap between end of stairs and windows.
Bedroom 3: Queen bed with a futon as well. Full bath attached.
Front of House
Exterior: lots of windows to take in all the beauty of the area.
Bedroom 2: King bed, attached full bath.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.