This home exudes a warm, exotic & luxurious feel while maintaining a family friendly usability. It sleeps up to 5 as there is a large walk-in closet that has a twin-size bed as well as a Queen-size bed & a full-size futon couch in the living room. Minimum stay is 2 nights but longer-term stays occur frequently due to below-market rates.
This beautiful free-standing, separate garden guest house has an open floor plan & is located in the back of the property behind the main house. The cottage has a fireplace & is adorned with decor of Moroccan & Caribbean influence. It receives lots of bright natural light & is surrounded by tropical plants & trees creating a lush ambiance, indoors & out. The jungle-like garden & outdoor fire pit further create a tribal feel. Nestled behind our family home, the entire property is surrounded by a large secure gated wall.
Features & Amenities:
• 900 sqft
• 12 ft. high-beamed ceilings
• Gorgeous romantic Victorian fireplace
• Unique tile & polished Concrete flooring
• 55' TV with all channels
• WiFi with own Apple base to assure great connection
• Plentiful Street Parking
• Large secure gated walls surround the entire property
• Two side-by side indoor dining areas that seat 7 comfortably.
• Current Smoke & Carbon-monoxide detectors
Brand new ultra-large granite-countered kitchen with large-sized appliances include:
• Full size fridge
• French Press Coffee-maker
• Full-size oven/stove
• Well stocked with service for 6, wine glasses, coffee mugs, plentiful pots & pans, etc.
• Hand soap, dish soap, paper towels & dishwasher detergent are provided.
• Starter pack of coffee, tea & sweeteners are provided.
• Fire extinguishers below sink
Newly renovated large Spanish tiled bath has:
• Plenty of plush towels
• Hand soap & 4 rolls of toilet paper provided
• First Aid Kit
Bed locations as follows:
• Large changing room closet has room for clothes, luggage & a small bed too
• Comfy Teak queen-size bed with double pillow-top mattress
• Teak futon couch that converts to full-size bed
• All bed linens provided
• Lush private garden filled with fruit trees, flowers & herbs
• Extra-Large stone Fire pit for cool SoCal nights year-round
• Covered entertaining area with 2 large cushioned wicker couches, wicker cushioned chairs, covered dining for 8 & more seating (uncovered) around the fire pit
• Propane grill
• Wood-burning smoker grill
• Sundeck with 2 sunning lounge chairs
• Large 10 foot zen meditation fountain
• Queen-sized covered 'Jayne Mansfield' outdoor bed (yes, it used to belong to her)
• Utility shed with full-size washer & dryer, for your use
Location is the exclusive & historic ‘SoHo’ neighborhood, which is the Southwestern corner of Hollywood bordering Hancock Park & West Hollywood, the property is quiet & secluded yet minutes away from the hottest clubs & bars, restaurants, studios, movie theaters, & shopping.
Nearby Major Studios:
• Paramount Studios (.98 mi.)
• Raleigh Studios (1.32 mi.)
• Hollywood Center Studios (.28 mi.)
• Universal Studios (4.09 mi.)
• Burbank Studios (5.5 miles)
• Warner Brothers (5.1 miles)
• 20th Century Fox (6.2 miles)
Walking Distance to 5-star/world-acclaimed restaurants:
• Mozza (.61 mi.)
• Trois Mec (.45 mi.)
• Rao's Hollywood (.31 mi.)
• Providence (.5 mi.)
Casual Eateries Nearby:
• The Cat & Fiddle
• Blu Jam Cafe
• Pink's WORLDFAMOUS Hotdogs
• The Velvet Margarita
• Cafe 24/7
• Cafe Gratitude
• The Next Door
• Crazy Rockin' Sushi
• Canter's WORLDFAMOUS Deli
• YUM YUM Donuts (for fresh juice in the AM)
Entertainment & Shopping:
• Hollywood Boulevard (.92 mi./ just a $5. Cab fare), clubs, restaurants, dancing
• Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills (4.86 mi.)
• The Grove (2.2 mi.)
• The Hollywood Bowl (1.95 mi.) live concerts
• LA Zoo (8.08 mi.) wildlife & golf nearby
• Griffith Park Observatory (5.83 mi.)
• Hollywood sign (3.72 mi.)
• Museum Row (3.44 mi.) art & concerts
• Sprouts (Willoughby & LaBrea—0.6 mile)
• Pavilion's (Melrose & Vine— 0.7 mile)
• Trader Joe's (3rd & La Brea—1.7 miles)
• Ralph’s (3rd & La Brea—1.7 miles)
• Whole Food’s (Santa Monica & Fairfax—1.9 miles)
• Erewhon (Beverly & The Grove Drive—1.9 miles)
• Arclight Cinema
• The Grove (1.9 miles)
• Mann's Chinese Theatre (1.4 miles)
• Laemmle's Wilshire (foreign & documentary films—4.4 miles)
• Pan Pacific (next to 'The Grove'—1 mile)
• Runyan Canyon—2 miles
• Lake Hollywood (near 'Hollywood sign'—4.4 miles)
• Griffith Park—3.1 miles
Closest Metro (train) station:
• Hollywood & Highland Metro—(1.2 miles)
Sallie’s Best Guesthouse is perfect for extended stays for those coming to LA for work or pleasure. You'll park your car on the street but with easy & accessible availability whereby you can almost always find a spot in front. Coming down the driveway you will arrive at the 9 ft. double gate. If no one’s there to greet you personally a key lock box assures easy access with the private code we provided after you booked. You will then step into the secluded jungle-like back yard. Three friendly felines roam the property but do not leave the grounds & are not allowed in the guesthouse. We ask that you always keep the entrance gate securely latched behind you, keeping kitties safe inside the compound & likewise gives you, our guests, an added level of safety & privacy. As friendly as our kitties are we ask that you do not invite them inside the guesthouse during your stay as we maintain high standards keeping these lodgings allergy-free for future guests.
In the main room, the 12 foot vaulted ceilings have 2 ceiling fans to circulate air year round & a large wall AC unit keeps things cool during late summer & early fall. Three skylights located in the main room, kitchen & bath, filter natural light in. Additional spotlight lighting on dimmers & recessed lighting too makes for much lighting control throughout, from bright to romantic to dramatic. A real fireplace with an ornate solid oak Victorian mantle adds a cozy, romantic & inviting appeal year-round. In the chilly months a wall furnace gets the entire house toasty warm in just a few minutes.
A large bathroom has a shower/bathtub, plenty of plush towels & other amenities previously noted. In addition a first-aid kit is tucked under the sink with everything from A to Z, be it sunscreen, Band Aids. A large changing room closet has room for clothes, luggage, an iron and board, a drying rack, hangers & the single bed too. Overhead shelving is perfect if you are staying for a longer period of time & need more storage. One wall in the main room is covered in shelves housing; art, books, baskets to put your things in, & even children’s toys— a wonderful wooden train set & stuffed animals. Pint-sized chairs are also available on request for tiny tot guests.
The large granite-countered kitchen is big enough to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for a very large group. If there is anything you need to cook with that you can’t find just ask & we will be happy to get it for you. Just past the outdoor fire pit a full size washer & dryer are located in a separate utility shed & are free of charge to use whenever you like, stocked with detergent & other cleaning items. If you are here for a while & would like to order periodic maid service just ask & this can be arranged according to your preferences, budget & needs.
Via a private antenna, a 55” flat screen TV provides some local major network & international channels. A Roku enables over a hundred channels including Netfilx, Pandora, Hulu, to name a few. Hundreds of feature films, TV, and children's programs are available free of charge. A strong wireless Internet signal & your own private Apple airport dock will enable connection to your devices throughout your stay too.
We know that perfection is in the details & always strive to make your stay just a little bit better in any small way we can. During your stay your feedback is welcome as hearing your suggestions while you’re here enables us to make this a more desirable experience for you. Please enjoy our suggestions too for fun things to do. The Housebook found in the basket below the TV outlines places to eat & shop, & sights to see. Instructions for the TV, Internet passcode & more are all included in this book too. Take-out menus are also provided & you may use your own phone to receive food deliveries as well as guests, as there is no intercom or buzzer outside. As noted, there is plenty of permit-free parking on our quiet street.
We look forward to the possibility of having you with us & the opportunity to make your stay in LA as memorable & pleasurable as possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to review this information, we’ve tried to paint a realistic portrait of what to expect & hope we haven’t left anything out! Please contact us to book your stay in LA. We are more than happy to answer your pre-booking questions too & look forward to hearing from you soon. Please contact us now with your dates & any questions you may need answered prior to booking. It will be an honor to have you as our guest at Sallie's Best Guesthouse.
AVOID CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION FEES—PAY WITH E-CHECK. VRBO charges both HOST & GUEST for every credit card transaction a Guest makes. Credit card transactions occur with PAYMENTS FOR BOOKINGS & also when CANCELING BOOKINGS—even if the Booking is canceled in advance and eligible for a “full refund.” One way to avoid paying credit card transaction fees is to pay using E-check.
E-check is a payment option only for Bookings made at least 10 days in advance of your stay. When possible, The HOST PREFERS RECEIVING E-Check PAYMENTS as ECHECK saves both Guest & Host a few coins.