Private Three Season Cabin Nestled in Woods on Shore of Pristine Maine Lake(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Family and romantic vacations -swimming, boating, + quiet beauty - Sleeps 5 - 8
let go, rest, read and relax. Or for the more active. swim, hike, fish, and enjoy boating and viewing nature.
Find an idyllic escape from busy lives and places. Whether for a personal spiritual or yoga retreat or just want to recharge your energy this lakeside camp fills the bill.
It is a haven for photographers, artists, writers, and musicians who want to tap into their inner well of creativity. It is an ideal romantic getaway and has been often used by newly wedded couples on their honeymoons.
There are opportunities for fun for kids and adults alike. Experience a healthy and revivifying warm weather family vacation.
At Clearwater Lake one can slow down, not be interrupted, pleasurably commune with your own inner nature and the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
We love how deeply we sleep, and how rested we feel when we return to our 'normal' working lives. We love how we feel connected with nature and each other after visiting. We love how kids respond by finding adventure and fun outside their usual activities.
This rustic and nurturing seasonal camp is located in The Western Maine Mountain Region on 19 wooded acres on Clearwater Lake. The Clearwater is one of Maine's most pristine, spring-fed lakes with six-and-one-half miles of shore line with a maximum depth of 135 feet.
Enjoy a morning hot beverage on the large screened-in porch. Watch for passing families of ducks and ducklings, visiting loons or hummingbirds as you contemplate the surrounding beauty and listen to the bird calls and rustles in the leaves.
* Our seasonal three season camp can sleep at 5 - 8 people.
* It has a cozy bedroom with a double bed, a comfy living room couch that converts into a full size double bed and a daybed in the living room. There is also a queen size futon and a single mattress that can be used for "spill-over" porch sleeping on the screened-in porch.
* The wood burning stove in the living room has a glass front and screen, functioning as both a cozy fireplace and a source of warmth.
* In the large, comfortable living room one can curl up on the day bed, futon or in a chair and enjoy a book, music, a warm fire and the many views of the lake and surroundings.
* The living room has a well-stocked board game cabinet filled with chess, checkers, and other games.
* The full kitchen has a large refrigerator, stove and microwave along with plates, utensils, pots and pans, and most everything you have at home for cooking, serving, and eating meals.
* Wireless high-speed Internet.
* Small sun-bathing deck outside the porch.
* Swimming and boating dock.
* Rope-swing on the deck.
* Outdoor enclosed shower with skylight
* Bathroom with flush toilet, shower and sink in adjacent structure accessed using illuminated 36 feet long wood walkway.
Seasonal Rental Periods:
May - October
More information: See http://clearwaterescapes.com/camp
We share the use of two kayaks, a canoe, a rowboat, and life jackets between occupants of our Lake House and Camp.
- see our webpage at http://www.clearwaterescapes.com/Clearwater%20Lake%20Fishing%20Laws%20and%20Regulations.asp to learn about local fishing laws and regulations.
Usually our interaction with guests is minimal. We arrange for guests to be welcomed. We are available to answer questions and help when or if needed.
Otherwise, guests usually like to enjoy an undisturbed time.
The camp abounds in natural beauty. We are always struck anew with the beauty of the sun rising and setting over the lake, the sounds of evening loons calling, passing families of swimming ducks and ducklings, the shifting patterns of the leaves and their colors, and the constant gentle sounds and scents of the surrounding wood.
The camp is only accessible via car from the camp road and then via the short (approximately 400 feet long) well lit foot path from the nearby private parking area.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 650 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 5
- Children Welcome
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Lake View:
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $10
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: I've been spending summers on this property since it was originally purchased by my Mother and stepfather when I was a young teenager. After my mother passed away, I bought the property from my step father.
Why the Owner Chose Farmington, ME, USA:
I bought this property from my step father because throughout my life I have found it to be a place of exceptional peace and beauty and also because each time that I leave the city to stay on the property I wonder afresh at its wondrous revivifying qualities.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
I love the combination the property offers of immersion in nature and healthy exercise as well as providing a personal retreat with easy access to the many cultural activities offered in the nearby college town of Farmington.
- Primary: +1 6176611594 This number 'simul-rings' with my cell phone.
- Secondary: +1 6177102075 Cell
Camp in Autumn
Convertible living room couch
Dining tabe on lake view porch
Ceder shower with skylight
Rope swing in use
Visitor on dock
More rope swing use
Sunset over Clearwater Lake
Camp in winter
Dining table in living room
Convertible living room couch with full sized bed pulled out and set up
Living room looking at day bed
Bathroom with sink and toilet
Camp from lake
Camp viewed from dock
lake in the morning
Wood burning stove
Sitting area on porch
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, April 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.