This exquisite seasonal cabin in the woods is nestled in nature and filled with modern conveniences. Great swimming, boating, and fishing. Many nearby nature walks. A rare find!
let go, rest, read and relax. Or for the more active. swim, hike, fish, and enjoy boating and viewing nature.
Find an idyllic escape from busy lives and places. Whether for a personal spiritual or yoga retreat or just want to recharge your energy this lakeside camp fills the bill.
It is a haven for photographers, artists, writers, and musicians who want to tap into their inner well of creativity. It is an ideal romantic getaway and has been often used by newly wedded couples on their honeymoons.
There are opportunities for fun for kids and adults alike. Experience a healthy and revivifying warm weather family vacation.
At Clearwater Lake one can slow down, not be interrupted, pleasurably commune with your own inner nature and the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
I love how deeply I sleep, and how rested I feel when I return to my'normal' working live. I love how I feel deeply connected with nature after visiting. I love how kids respond by finding adventure and fun outside their usual activities.
This rustic and nurturing seasonal camp is located in The Western Maine Mountain Region on 22 wooded acres on Clearwater Lake. The Clearwater is one of Maine's most pristine, spring-fed lakes with more than 750 acres, six-and-one-half miles of shore line, and a maximum depth of 135 feet.
Enjoy a morning hot beverage on the large screened-in porch. Watch for passing families of ducks and ducklings, visiting loons or hummingbirds as you contemplate the surrounding beauty and listen to the bird calls and rustles in the leaves.
* Our seasonal three season camp can sleep at 5 - 8 people.
* It has a cozy bedroom with a double bed, a comfy living room couch that converts into a full size double bed and a daybed in the living room. There is also a queen size futon and a single mattress that can be used for "spill-over" porch sleeping on the screened-in porch.
* The wood burning stove in the living room has a glass front and screen, functioning as both a cozy fireplace and a source of warmth.
* In the large, comfortable living room one can curl up on the day bed, futon or in a chair and enjoy a book, music, a warm fire and the many views of the lake and surroundings.
* The living room has a well-stocked board game cabinet filled with chess, checkers, and other games.
* The full kitchen has a large refrigerator, stove and microwave along with plates, utensils, pots and pans, and most everything you have at home for cooking, serving, and eating meals.
* Wireless high-speed Internet.
* Small sun-bathing deck outside the porch.
* Swimming and boating dock.
* Outdoor enclosed shower with skylight
* Bathroom with flush toilet, shower and sink in adjacent structure accessed using illuminated 36 feet long wood walkway.
Seasonal Rental Periods:
May - October
More information: See http://clearwaterescapes.com/camp
We share the use of two kayaks, a canoe, a rowboat, and life jackets between occupants of our Lake House and Camp.
- see our webpage at http://www.clearwaterescapes.com/Clearwater%20Lake%20Fishing%20Laws%20and%20Regulations.asp to learn about local fishing laws and regulations.
Usually our interaction with guests is minimal. We arrange for guests to be welcomed. We are available to answer questions and help when or if needed.
Otherwise, guests usually like to enjoy an undisturbed time.
The camp abounds in natural beauty. We are always struck anew with the beauty of the sun rising and setting over the lake, the sounds of evening loons calling, passing families of swimming ducks and ducklings, the shifting patterns of the leaves and their colors, and the constant gentle sounds and scents of the surrounding wood.
The camp is only accessible via car from the camp road and then via the short (approximately 400 feet long) well lit foot path from the nearby private parking area.