Retro Hipster Loft Overlooking River in Mainlake Building(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4
The apartment is fully stocked with linens, toiletries, kitchenware and new appliances should you wish to eat in. If not the cafe downstairs has great coffees & bakery goods. Close to shopping, groceries and restaurants, you may park off street in the back parking lot. The building has a lovely view of the river and frequently a tugboat or two are docked out front.
The Main Lake Building . 1927 . was the cornerstone hotel of the lively Westside where Billie Holiday serenaded a rollicking night scene. It fell into disrepair until it was purchased in 1990 and renovated to house Chesapeake East handmade ceramics & decor by designer Dana Simson, sold in fine stores and galleries internationally. The Chesapeake East store and gallery is downstairs along with SunPerk’s Cafe and PIY paint it yourself studio. Four large loft apartments are upstairs. A second option; Lux.Loft C, has high ceilings throughout and furnished in comfy elegance. Salisbury is home to Salisbury University- and the cultural hub of Maryland's Eastern Shore close to Ocean points and Chesapeake Bay destinations a like. Pemberton Park and the Salisbury Zoo are both nearby with walking paths.
Member since: 2015
- On floor 2
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Oct 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning $75
- Refundable Damage Deposit $150
- Tax Rate 6%
Please: no smoking, green energy efficient apartment, please be mindful of others in the building, keep your noise level reasonable. Renters agree to vacate rented premises no later than the hour and date shown reserved
and to return the keys immediately to the owner.
1. There shall be NO SMOKING inside the premises.
2. Pets may be brought onto the premises with special permission from Landlord. There is a fee per animal of $50.
3. No fireworks or firearms are permitted inside the premises or on the grounds.
4. The landlord or their designated representative has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the tenant violate any terms of this agreement, the rental period will be terminated immediately.
5. The tenant may not sublet the premises. The premises are leased for no more than 5 persons (4 are included in rental fee, additional one is $50. 00) Principal Tenant must stay at the property during the rental term and must be 21 years old.
6. The Tenant shall maintain the premises in a good clean condition and use the premises in a careful and lawful manner. Cleaning services are provided upon checkout for normal usage. The Tenant shall pay for any excessive damage or cleaning required beyond normal use. The Tenant shall place trash and recycling materials in the containers provided.
7. The Tenant and their guests shall behave in a polite, civilized manner and shall be a good neighbor, respecting the rights of others in the building and neighborhood. The Tenant shall be mindfull of their noise level and do nothing likely to disturb or annoy others in the building. Creating a disturbance shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and Tenant shall vacate the premises at that time.
8. Tenant expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the premises, and that the Tenant does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
We have a resources PDF about nearby towns and attractions- plus nearby businesses and where to find things you might need.
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: Run by artists: Dana Simson & John Orth. VISIT US! Downstairs is the Riverwalk Cafe DELICIOUS! Hours 7am -3pm Monday thru Saturday. They will serve breakfast, lunch and treats along with smoothies and wonderful coffee!! PIY. Paint it Yourself pottery studio is also downstairs along with our store Chesapeake East Company . selling local fine art, craft and jewelry. (We are open 11-5 Wednesday-Friday and Saturday 10-3.Dana & John are life-long working artists whose work has been collected internationally. Dana is also an author illustrator with 11 published childrens Books. Her designs have been produced in home decor, dinnerware, fabric, gifts and stationary. Her flagship store Chesapeake East is downstairs. Dana and John live on a farm on the Chesapeake Bay. Environmentalists and nature-lovers.
Why the Owner Chose Salisbury, MD, USA:
Centrally located in downtown Salisbury near Salisbury University and walkable to restaurants, entertainment and the Marina. Evo Brewery is just blocks away. You are only 20-30 minutes from the Ocean beaches to the east or the Bay to the west. There are many wonderful places to explore and we provide a list with details and timeframes. Beautiful Lofts at a reasonable price with many options for fun nearby. Dana & John purchased the Mainlake building 16 years ago in derelict condition- they have completely restored what was an old hotel on the Wicomico River in downtown Salisbury. No one builds buildings like this anymore- high tin ceilings in the store downstairs- brick walls- transom windows that open to river breezes- attention to detail and joyful touches bring a smile to all that enter.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Easy off street parking in a large lot behind the building. WiFi and cable TV, laundry on site, a cafe downstairs and restaurants and entertainment venues steps away. Salisbury is close to both the beaches seaside and the Chesapeake Bay for water sports and kayaking. In town you'll find a great little zoo- bike trails and river walks. We believe in providing an up-lifting experience for our guests- our lofts are full of original art and designed for comfort. When we travel we noted the places beautifully maintained by hosts really add to the joy of the journey- this is our mission as well. happy trails!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
a foodies kitchen over looking the river
riverwalk that winds thru town to zoo
view down river toward Brew River restaurant
view from riverfront park toward building
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, January 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.