Welcome to the Little House on the River, our amazing crystal clear waterfront property provides the ultimate vacation getaway. If location is important to you, then this is the place to be. This 2 story, 2 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath home (sleeps 6) sits directly on the beautiful Weeki Wachee River and is within walking distance to the local beach(Rogers Park),restaurant and marina. Just a few minutes from the house is Pine Island, another popular local beach, also hiking trails and many restaurants to choose from in 1 to 5 miles from the house.
This property offers guests a wide range of entertainment; from bringing your own boat and launching it at Rogers Park boat ramp(1 block from property)and tying it to the private floating dock at the property, or use the canoe or kayaks(that I provide)to explore upstream to Hospital Hole and beyond to the springs, or downstream to the Gulf of Mexico.
If the river life is what you're seeking to experience, look no further ..... take a seat, relax and let the river wash away your cares. Enjoy watching the kayakers paddle by and looking for manatees swimming below them. The manatees truly are gentle giants and seeing them up close and personal is an experience you'll never forget.
A little piece of paradise, without ever leaving the property.
We offer all the amenities of: internet, towels, hair dryer, and many more including....
*kayaks; enough for 6 people including singles and doubles, with life vests and whistles provided.
*canoe; (1) 2-3 person
*beach chairs and beach towels(for 6) umbrella, blanket and cooler
*direct river and Gulf access with a floating dock
*cable including Netflix availability
*WiFi and internet capabilities
* house phone with unlimited long distance calling.
*2 bedrooms (1- King and 1- Queen, both upstairs) each with televisions, also a pull out queen sleeper in the downstairs living room with television.
* 1-1/2 baths, full downstairs/ half bath is upstairs, adjoining the queen bedroom*
* 2 living rooms....1st living room offers pull-out queen sofa bed, flat screen tv, games, over 30 movies, a giant jenga and a pac man with 43 games.
2nd living room (riverside) offers 50" flat screen tv, blu-ray player, 2 lazy-boy recliners and sofa w/recliners with complete 180-degree view of Weeki Wachee River.
*fully equipped kitchen with everything you could possibly need including microwave oven,
toaster oven, keurig, pots and pans, spices, paper towels, crock pot, blender and utensils.
*washer/dryer and ironing board/iron
* Outdoor gas grill including utensils and firepit.
**********Things To Do and Places To See..... includes (drive time from property):
*Upper Deck Restaurant and Bar (1 minute) with Wednesday and weekend entertainment from local bands. So close, you can kayak or walk there.
*Roger's Park (1 minute) across from Upper Deck restaurant, a fresh water beach on the river within walking distance offering boat ramp, volleyball, picnic tables, grills, restrooms and roped off swimming area.
* Weeki Wachee Marina (1 minute) across from Upper Deck, offers canoe and small (10hp) boat rentals, a fun and easy way to see the entire river.
* Hospital Hole (AKA fish hospital) 500ft. From the property, a 140 ft. deep, natural spring and favorite place for fish and manatees also great for divers.
* Weeki Wachee Preserve (5 min) an outstanding 11,000 acre preserve located at 2345 Osowaw Blvd. great for hiking and biking.
* Standup Paddle-board (SUP Weeki) (5 min) call to reserve your personal tour of the Weeki Wachee River.
* Zigzags (5 minutes) local seafood restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating.
* The Cove Restaurant (5 minutes) local seafood and steak restaurant.....Best Pork Chops around. Closed Monday. Indoor/outdoor seating.
* La Bella Napoli (3 minutes) great Italian food.
* R Beach (5 minutes) Florida grill with a tropical flair, great place for dinner and dancing.
* Brian's Place (3 minutes) a unique fusion between Spanish and Italian cuisine. Open for breakfast on Sat. And Sun at 8am. Indoor/outdoor seating.
• Breakfast Station (25 minutes) opens daily at 7am-3pm
* TreeHoppers Aerial Adventure Park (45 minutes) largest zip line park in central Florida. Located just North of Tampa with 8 different courses. Ages 5 to adult, no reservations required.
* Zip Line and horseback riding (1.5 hours) The Canyon Zip Line and Canopy Tours in Ocala call for reservations and age requirements.
* Hudson Beach (30 minutes) with Sams Beach Bar next door for sunsets, dining and dancing.
*Pine Island Public Beach (10 minutes) salt water beach on the Gulf of Mexico. $5 per car with a concession stand offering food and drinks. Alcohol and pets prohibited.
* Fred Howard Park Beach ( 1 hour) 155 acres of sandy white beach on the Gulf of Mexico located in Tarpon Springs. $5 parking fee.
*Weeki Wachee Springs and Buccaneer Bay (10 minutes) both a spring-fed water park and the world famous mermaid show.
*SunWest Park(15 minutes) 70 acre spring-fed lake and beautiful water park for all ages. Open 7 days a week, $5 parking fee.
*Clearwater Marine Aquarium (1.5 hours) a non-profit rescue and rehab organization where the famous Winter the Dolphin resides. Also see otters, sharks, sea turtles and don't forget to feed the stingrays.
* Salvador Dali Museum (1.5 hours) art museum in St. Petersburg houses the largest collection of Dali's works outside Europe.
*Beacon Movie Theater (15 minutes)
*Three Sisters Springs (40 minutes)
*Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park (30 minutes) where the famous 'Lu the Hippo' resides. Included in the $13.00 admission you will also see manatee in the parks underwater observatory, Florida alligators, black bear, river otters and a variety of other wildlife. Park offers a gift shop and a concession.
*Show Palace Dinner Theater (20 minutes) offers plays and sometimes mystery dinners.
*Historic Greek Community of Tarpon Springs and Sponge Docks (45 minutes) known for the shops, dolphin cruises and wonderful authentic Greek restaurants. Dodecanese Blvd. tarpon Springs, Florida
*Florida Aquarium and Performing Arts Center (1 hour)
*Busch Gardens/ Adventure Island (1 hour)
*Disney World/ Sea World/ Universal Studios (2 hours)
*Black Diamond Ranch Golf Course (45 minutes)
*The Dunes Golf Club (15 minutes)
* Salty D's Charters offers fishing day or night, inshore/offshore, scalloping, gigging and more. call to reserve your fun time out on the water.
*Hernando beach Marina (10 minutes) Pontoon rentals $150 per day call to reserve your boat.
* Linda Pedersen Park (5 minutes) A park divided by Shoal Line Blvd. On the eastern side of the road are additional facilities including a small inland beach area, picnics tables, playground, restrooms and a three story watch tower providing stunning panoramic views of the coastal low lands. To the west is a long fishing pier (Jenkins Creek)where blue crab is a popular catch. Parking is free and is open 24/7 no dogs allowed. A perfect place to fish..... Bring a chair that I provide and get bait at the Weeki Wachee Marina just down the road.
** And best of all, swimming right off the dock in the beautiful, pristine, crystal clear 72 degree waters of the Weeki Wachee River.
**Come and experience this one of a kind spring-fed river for yourself, one of Florida's best kept secrets**