THE COTTAGE SURROUNDINGS
Located on the shores of Lake Superior, the Beachcomber's Cottage is nestled in a private woodsy setting surrounded by stately whispering pines. Just a short walk down a cobblestone path leads you to an expansive stretch of white sugar-sand beach.
For your summer vacation, it’s just the spot to lounge in your beach chair, take an invigorating swim, or stroll down the beach collecting rocks and driftwood. And it’s perfect for an autumn getaway, where the fall colors are vibrant and spectacular, the air crisp and clear.
The secluded two bedroom cottage is designed with knotty pine interior and hardwood floors throughout. It can accommodate up to four people.
Charming and comfortable, it has everything you need for your stay:
• One bedroom with a queen bed
• One bedroom with two twin beds
• Bathroom with contemporary shower enclosure
• Linens and one set of towels per person provided
The kitchen includes:
• Refrigerator, electric stove, microwave, coffee maker
• Dishes, cookware, and utensils
• Flat screen TV
• DVD player
• Land line telephone for local calls
The cottage also includes two decks:
• An attached deck with picnic table and chairs for outdoor dining and relaxing
• A second deck above the beach dune with views overlooking Lake Superior and the spectacular sunsets over Shot Point to the west. It’s just right for enjoying your morning cup of coffee or even watching the stars come out at night.
The Beachcomber’s Cottage offers you a relaxing getaway to refresh the spirit and enjoy the beauty of the Upper Peninsula. Conveniently located between Marquette and Munising, the cottage is 15 miles east of Marquette on scenic Highway M-28, close to dining, shopping, and entertainment, as well as several golf courses and a casino.
And just 26 miles east of the cottage is the wild and beautiful Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, located at Munising, where you can hike above the cliffs, kayak along the shoreline, or relax and enjoy the breathtaking scenery on the ever-popular Pictured Rocks Cruise.
You can use the cottage for a starting point to enjoy the many hiking and bicycle trails around the U.P., or head out on day trips to explore the Upper Peninsula. Wherever your adventures take you, the Beachcomber’s Cottage is your perfect “home base.”
BOOKING POLICY: The Beachcomber's Cottage rents by the week or longer, with check-in and check-out on Saturdays. Bookings in September and October can be requested with flexible check-in days.
RATES: Rates are based on season: Spring (June), Summer (July-August), and Fall (September-October). The rate listed for each date reflects the seasonal rate.
DETAILS ABOUT YOUR STAY: Once your reservation is confirmed, we will provide you with additional information about the cottage and the area.
• The “Cottage Rules and Reminders” provides all the details you need to know when staying at the cottage.
• The “Welcome to the Beachcomber’s Cottage” gives you a little tour of the cottage layout and a sampling of activities available in the area.
PAYMENT POLICY: Prepayment is required to hold the reservation. You can either pay in full or, if you are booking at least three months prior to arrival, we can divide the total into two payments: 50% due at booking and 50% due 90 days before check-in.