Lovely Athens Apartment in Quiet Neighbourhood with Views of Mount Hymettos
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
This lovely Apartment is located in one of the nicest and most tranquil residential areas of Athens. The neighborhood Agia Paraskevi retains a real sense of community. Situated on the 4th floor of a recent, architecturally designed building it has underground parking, a lift and intercom security system a few minutes away on foot from the main square with all its cafés and restaurants. A bakery is on the street corner and the local market is 5' away on foot. The Apartment comprises 2 double bedrooms with a full bathroom opposite and additional cloakroom with WC. Each bedroom leads onto the very large terrace, as do the open plan living room and dining room. A bed settee is also available for additional guests. A very large office space is available with file-cabinet. The space afforded by the apartment and the mountain views encourages outside dining both at mid day and late into the evening spring through autumn. For winter months the log fire can be used. Pine and Olive wood provide
Agia Paraskevi is a residential neighbourhood of Athens in a great location 20 minutes away from Athens International Airport (Eleftherios Venizelos) and a short bus or metro ride from downtown. The bus stop is at the end of the street and buses go directly to the metro or directly downtown. Staying in this location is to experience the authentic Greece: where East meets West...cultures that are full of contrasts and pleasant surprises. Strolling around Agia Paraskevi is very interesting in itself since it has retained a strong sense of community. The public transportation system renewed for the 2004 Olympic games takes you to central Athens within 20 minutes.
Athens has several pedestrian walkways linking all the major archaeological sites: from the Parthenon and its new museum, the Herod Atticus theater, the Benaki Folk Art Museum, the beautifully restored National Archaeological Museum, the Byzantine Museum, the Dypiton Gate, Hadrian's Arch, Plato's Academy, the Temple of Zeus, the Roman Agoras and Hadrian's Library. There are 3,000 years of cultural heritage housed in over 50 national & private museums.
Visit Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio at the foot of the Acropolis famous for its archaeological sites, its flea market and antique's market and multitude of outdoor cafés, tavernas and the 'cine-Thissio' a famous open air cinema. Note all the handsomely restored C19th houses.
If you visit central Athens near Syntagma Square and then the shopping streets around Ermou stop at Floka's on Akadamias for coffee and baklava ...or better still pick some up and go home away from the noise and bustle of downtown Athens to sit with a glass of wine on the terrace and watch the sun go down before strolling to the local taverna.
There are hundreds of cultural events all over Athens all year round. The city has more theaters than any other European capital. The Apartment is ten minutes away from the Athens Concert Hall (Megaron Mousikis) with its 2,000 seat auditorium. It is very easy to purchase tickets on line in advance. The summer festival at the ancient Herod Atticus theater runs from May to October. Situated at the foot of the Parthenon is an unforgettable experience.
You can easily take local transport to visit Marathon (or with a hire car the route is very easy from the apartment). You can also take the ferry from Raffina on the northern coast of Athens and visit one of the most beautiful and unspoilt of the Cycladic islands. Andros is one of the closest Greek islands and one of the most authentic. You can easily do this excursion in a day. Take your swimming costumes, lunch at a coastal taverna and also visit the wonderful Goulandris Museum of Modern Art.
Member since: 2012
- On floor 4
- 125 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Master Bedroom The bedrooms are located off a small internal corridor separate form the open plan living room with an additional private balcony. The Master bedroom is a double aspect room, light and airy and very quiet with wooden floors. It leads out onto a large balcony and overlooks the gardens of a private villa to the north. Looking west, in the distance, are the gardens of a local monastery with pine trees and palm trees. The full bathroom with bath and shower and WC is adjacent. A separate cloakroom and WC is located at the other end of the apartment. Bedroom 2 A light, restful and quiet room with sliding glass doors onto the terrace. Beds are made for your arrival with quality linens and towels (160cm bed). Bathroom adjacent off the hall. Beach towels are provided. Both bedrooms are separated from the main living area by a private corridor which allows for privacy with a separate small balcony at the north site of the apartment. Two additional beds can be provided....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- This lovely apartment has 125 sq. It takes up the entire 4th floor of a select complex of only 6 apartments with a lift and central security intercom system. Interior designed to maximize light and space and indoor outdoor living access is provided to balconies and terraces on every side of the apartment. There are wonderful sweeping views towards all three mountains of Attica: Hymettos, Parnitha and Pentelli. 'Dine al fresco' from early spring through to autumn on the spacious kitchen terrace and in winter enjoy supper around the cosy log fire. Pine & Olive wood are provided. Sit and watch the lights of downtown Athens late into the night. Air Conditioning is available and the apartment has a system of cool air keeping the bedrooms fresh throughout the day in the heat of summer. The north facing balcony provides shade all day long. More than this, the office space with handmade desk and file cabinet is ideal for a visiting businessman....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- ISDN Access
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mosquito Magnet
- Security System
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 2 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fees $76.31
The rates are based on 2 guests and include all taxes.
For each additional guest 19 euros per night is added.
The Apartment can accommodate up to 6 guests.
The rate for bed linen and towels is 15 euros per person per stay.
Cleaning at the end of stay is from 70 euros depending on the number of guests.
NB:Taxi Transfer can be arranged from the airport to the apartment at a resonable price.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Agia Paraskevi is a calm residential area of Athens. In the past it was where the Athenians had their summer homes nestled amidst pine trees. It is still a green area of Athens benefitting from a slightly higher altitude than downtown with cooling breezes descending from Mount Hymetus.
The Apartment is located 10 minutes on foot from the main square of Agia Paraskevi with its large orthodox church set in the park and surrounded by the local cafés, tavernas, coffee shops and ouzeries. The bustling local market is nearby.
Within easy reach of downtown Athens by bus or metro to visit the Acropolis, Benaki Museum
Main square with Agia Paraskevi church, open air cinema
Aperitifs and views towards Mount Penteli
Breakfast on the terrace
Overview: dining area, fireplace and livingroom
Dining area and fire place
Master Bedroom and terrace
Bedroom 2 - opening to balcony
Overview - opening to kitchen and balcony
Local taverna - 10 min stroll
Neighborhood : view from the Balcony
Local Patisserie just off the Square
Main church with wedding preparations
Balconies on all sides views over the pine trees
Breakfast, lunch or dinner on the terrace
Kitchen leading to terrace
Living Room towards the balconies
Office with file-cabinet
Neighborhood - View from the Balcony
Local Flower shop just off the Square
Agia Paraskevi Park
Agia Paraskevi park & cafés
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM