|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Check out the other properties from this Owner:
* Wimberley, Tx - "Rim Rock Lodge" 269765 - 6 BR, 5 Bath, Pool, Awesome Views, 33 acres, Game Room, Sauna, Hot Tub, Outdoor Kitchen, Theater Room for 9, etc.
* Wimberley, Tx - "Grand View Escape" VRBO 889760 - 5 BR, 4.5 Bath, Game Room, 33 acres, Hot Tub, Outdoor Kitchen, Awesome 360 degree views!
* Wimberley, Tx - Sunset Ridge Escape" VRBO - 5 BR, 4 Bath, Pool, Hot Tub, Game Room, Outdoor Kitchen, 12 acres.
* San Marcos, Tx - "Rose House" VRBO 889756 - Coming Fall 2016 - Large 3 Story Victorian, built in 1905, 4 BR, 4 Bath, Hot Tub, Awesome Views, Outdoor Kitchen, on Acreage, etc.
* Evergreen, CO - "Above The Clouds" VRBO 776276 - 8 BR, 9 bath, 8500 sq ft, 33 acres, best view in Colorado, hot tub, work-out room, Game room, Theater Room for 11, etc, etc, etc
Beautiful Hill Country home called 'The Great Escape at Wimberley' is directly on the crystal clear Blanco River in highly desirable Wimberley, Texas. You will be in a private 3300 square foot home on three lush acres with almost 300 feet of direct river frontage. This home has 6 bedrooms and 5 baths. There is a separate Game room with an 8' pool table, Foosball, and double french doors opening to a 250 sq ft deck overlooking the river. Country gazebo with 9' farm table, great for outdoor dining.
River Suite - master suite with queen bed, twin bed, full size washer and dryer, and a private bath with a tile shower and granite countertops. The River Suite is always included when renting the main house.
New in 2015 - A Major Update for The Great Escape:
* New granite counter tops in kitchen
* Opened the floor plan in the kitchen and dining room.
* New porcelain floor tiles downstairs
* Replaced all doors and windows, new siding and Paint
* Added a swimming pool and a cabana
* Enlarged the smallest bedroom
* Remodeled the main floor bathroom, with new large walk in shower.
* Upgraded LCD TVs, with lots of Premium Channels.
* Increased speed on internet.
* Added Privacy Fence on entire property to provide for your own private Retreat.
* Added 32 Bottle Wine Cooler in the kitchen.
* Added new Automatic gate at entry for your security and convenience.
The rock bottom river runs continuous through the year and is almost always at a very leisurely flow, great for kids. The covered back porch provides a beautiful view of the river and the surrounding hills. Easy to watch the activity in the river directly from the porch.
Sit in the back yard and BBQ your dinner for the night. Enjoy a glass of ice tea, or a glass of wine, as you watch the deer and the river move through the back yard. Sit in the hot tub and watch the deer and the river. Enjoy a fire out by the outdoor firepit. Go into Wimberley for the great shopping, fine and casual dining, or enjoy the many festivals that go on throughout the year. Try Wimberley's outdoor walk-up movie theater, or take in a live performance at one of Wimberley's live theater groups. Drag our chaise lounges directly into the river, sit in the shade of the Cypress trees, enjoy your drink, and read your book. Your daily stress is a thing of the past.
We are only 25 minutes from New Braunfels, an hour from San Antonio, less than 25 minutes from Austin and Lake Travis. Within one hour you have tubing, Schlitterbahn, San Antonio river-walk, Lake Travis, Canyon Lake, caves, and all of the wonders that the Texas Hill Country has to offer.
Outside we have a large covered porch overlooking the river, a 250 sq foot deck connected to the game room and overlooking the river, over 2500 sq ft of rock sidewalks and patios. There is also a large outdoor fire pit. A large covered Country gazebo with an 9' farm table, perfect for outdoor dining.
Added in 2015 is a pool with a free standing hot tub for 8 people. A large lounging area around the pool with table and chairs for 6. The pool is fully fenced in with a new walkway to the back of the house facing the Blanco River. The pool has two areas for wading and swimming for the whole family to enjoy. Plenty of privacy!
The house is completely furnished and comes complete with all linens, towels, cooking utensils, BBQ pit, etc to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We have cable TV, Hi-Speed Internet, a computer for your use, Free hi-speed Wireless network, and phones with free domestic long distance.
Give us an e-mail or a call with any questions. We hope that you take the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful Hill Country home. Our calendar is always updated, and take a look at all of our guest comments ( not always updated from the book at our house ).
Check rates by clicking on rates tab.
* Master - Upstairs - King Bed with Private Bath
* Bedroom # 2 - Upstairs - Queen Bed and Two Twin Beds
* Bedroom # 3 - Upstairs - Queen Bed and Twin Day Bed plus Twin Trundle.
* Bedroom # 4 - Upstairs - Queen Bed
* Bedroom # 5 - Downstairs - Queen Bed
* Bedroom #6 - Downstairs in separate cabin - Queen Bed and Twin Bed - Private Bath.
* Living Room - Queen Fold Out Couch
River House - Separate and 25' from main house:
* Queen Bed with Private Bath
* Twin Bed
Keywords: House on the Blanco river great escape estate private pool hot tub fire pit River
Peggy and Phil Collins bought this house in 2006 to use as their Getaway from the city. We wanted it comfortable for us, so now everyone gets to enjoy The Great Escape. We are blessed that everyone seems to love this place ( we have had some groups back over 17 times in our 10 years, and our repeat guest rate is over 45% ). We continue to make investments in this property, so that it is better each time you come back. Photo is taken in Shanghai China.
Shiloh Collins purchased this house in 2006
This property is in a prime location. It is directly on the Blanco river, that has a steady flow all of the time. It is 3 acres on a lot that provides privacy for any size group. This house was originally a farm house built in 1957, and has been updated with all modern amenities. The covered back porch is lined with teak rocking chairs to enjoy the view of the river and surrounding hills. The river flows at a pace that allows you to pull your chair into the river, relax, and sip a glass of wine. Wimberley is fun year round, and we enjoy the off season as much as high season.
The furnishings are all unique and are not a throw down of mass produced items. Peggy and I enjoy shopping for antiques and unique pieces that give the home a lot of character. For the guests we provide paperback books, board games, bocci ball, horse shoes, jigsaw puzzles and a large library of videos for the little ones. We have high speed wireless, so you can work ( Ugh! ) on your laptop on the back porch ( if you have to work ). We have a large Binder in the house offering details on the vast majority of attractions in the area.
This was our 4th stay at the Great Escape, and they just keep getting better. We are a family of 12 ranging in age from 16 months to 65 years from 4 different households. There is more than enough room for all of us and with the pool and the river there is entertainment for all. The kids enjoyed the playhouse and the adults enjoyed the rocked off pool area in the river (worry-free river swimming for the little ones.). Phil and Peggy have thought of everything to make the house comfortable and functional. KC is helpful and easy to work with. We will be back next year.
I rented the house for a family gathering. The house was clean, well appointed, and comfortable. We loved hanging out on the back patio watching the river. In the evenings you can hear the water rushing with the windows open. Very much as advertised. We used the hot tub and the kids got in the shallow pool! Only cons: hot water had a little trouble keeping up with successive showers. No portable cribs, booster seats, or high chairs. Overall though it was a wonderful rental and I'd recommend it to friends.
This is an incredible property. 3 families (with kids age 10-16) spent 3 wonderful days over the New Year holiday on the property. Our favorite things about our stay:
* The downstairs has been recently updated and is in great shape
* We practically lived at the fire pit. Plenty of room to sit back, enjoy the river and relax with friends
* Kids enjoyed the games in the extra building
* Plenty of beds for everyone
* Very well stocked kitchen
* Stunning view of the river
* Huge front yard for plenty of different outside activities
* Friendly management staff
We had a wonderful time and will be back
The 8 of us have been friends for 50 plus years and once a year like to get away for a few days. We could not have chosen a more perfect vacation home to spend time with each other. We all enjoyed our stay and the lovely accommodations. Your home was perfect for our stay. We enjoyed the river, walking nearby and just watching the stars at night. Lovely home and had everything we needed. Thank you so much. We will be back.
The Great Escape was the perfect location for our family to stay for a wedding weekend! We enjoyed the beautiful, relaxing river, watching the sunrise, star gazing, and delightful family time. The house is well appointed with very comfortable beds and lounge areas. There was enough room for the whole family from seven years to seventy years!
This property was a perfect choice for our group and event. It provided a retreat setting on a beautiful Texas River in a quiet setting with a variety of activities for a wide range of ages. The accommodations were casual, inviting, and welcoming as well as fully equipped with careful attention to a well appointed and clean facility.
shopping at outlets malls, antique shopping, Market Days at Wimberley
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Holidays / 3 night min. $700/ nt for first 12 guest/ add $25 for each additional guest per night. Holidays are New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Spring Break Dates usually fall between March 1-22 and high season rates apply.