Welcome to the Loon Lodge. Our home is located on a private peninsula that juts into Concord Pond, offering over 750 feet of waterfront. Find yourself waking to a 270-degree view of this peaceful body of water in the cradle of Woodstock’s beautiful mountains. Panoramic windows ensure that even when you are inside you will be able to enjoy the tranquility of this setting. Come enjoy our two state-of- the-art outdoor grills, picnic tables, a natural jetty, and a fire pit that rests on a rock outcropping next to the water.
Our home embodies the spirit of the eco-friendly area and uses all-solar electrical energy ("off-the-grid" for both electricity and wired telephone service) with a back-up generator and propane for stove and BBQs. The kitchen and bathrooms are refreshingly modern with a large shower and washing machine and dryer. We ask that you try to limit your use with the laundry machine in honor of our eco-friendly theme and our septic system. This home provides accommodations for 9 people and has one and a half bathrooms. A second-floor master bedroom contains a double bed and adjacent, large bedroom contains 3 singles and a bunk bed. A double bed in the downstairs den can comfortably sleep an additional 2 people.
Nature lovers: Among some of the ponds common fauna, we have a mating pair of loons that live and thrive here in the clean ecosystem. It is not uncommon to kayak through the lake and have a loon emerge from the depth right next to your boat, and you will likely get to watch the loons raise their baby if past years are any judge. The loon’s nest is located on the pond's island, is protected, and should not be disturbed. Whether relaxing by the fire or in a kayak at sunrise or sunset, the eerie call of the loon will surely overwhelm. Bald eagles also call on this pond home and transient moose have been seen feeding in the shallow areas.
Adventure lovers: We have kayaks and canoes for exploring the pond and the island (please contribute to keeping the island clean and undisturbed to insure that the owner continues to allow public access). We are surrounded by great hiking trails such as those found on Bald and Speckle Mountains (trail-head only 10 minutes away). You are only a 40-minute drive to Sunday River, an extremely popular ski mountain for New Englanders throughout the winter but in the summer offering adrenaline-inducing as well as leisure activities. Around Sunday River you will find over 20 miles of mountain-biking terrain; zip-lining; golf; a 18-hole disc golf course; and, of course, hiking. For a more leisurely day, you can take the gondola up the mountain and enjoy a picnic with a vista or visit their top ski lodge for lunch and a beverage. We are also within an hour of some of the finest white water rafting and there are multiple ATV companies in the area.
Activities summary, on & around the pond:
• Canoeing (canoe and floats provided)
• Fishing (with license)
• Nature walks
• Nature and action photography
• Kayaking, Stand Up Paddle boarding, Wind-sailing (rent or bring your own)
Activities summary, within driving distance:
• White-water rafting and kayaking, Class II-IV rapids (e.g. ECL Outdoors)
• Mountain biking
• Disc golf
• 1:40 hours to Portland, ME (Portland Airport, amazing food,
lighthouse tours, breweries, live music, sailing, shopping)
• 2:00 hours to the Maine coast (e.g. Boothbay Harbor)
• 2:00 hours to Kennebunkport, ME (sailing, shopping, restaurants)
• 2:20 hours to Portsmouth, NH (live music, breweries, shopping)
• 3:10 hours to Boston, MA (Logan Airport)
We are happy to greet you or provide you with any information about how to best enjoy your surroundings during your stay. Please feel free to email any questions and, if you intend on staying or entertaining with more than 9 people, we ask that you provide us with some additional basic information.
Absolutely no smoking is allowed in the house. Please leave the home how you found it to prevent any penalty fees. No pollution, no littering.
• Vacation Rental
• 2-story cabin
• new construction 2007
• 1780 sq. ft.
• Away from it all
• Children Welcome (lots of puzzles, board games, books)
• Non-Smoking Only
• With apologies, this property is NOT wheelchair-accessible
• NOT appropriate for guests requiring 24/7 healthcare apparatus
use due to being "off-the-grid" and the potential of electrical
outages from inclement weather affecting solar-generated power
and possible back-up generator issues.
• Pets Considered
• 270-degree views of the pond and mountains
• Full width of the house
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
• Bedroom 1: 1 double bed
• Bedroom 2: 3 twin/singles plus bunk/single
• Bedroom 3: 1 double bed (den on first floor)
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
• Master bathroom on 2nd floor: large designer-tiled shower; with
• Sinks and shower have hot running water and toilet is not
restricted by time of day.
• Cooking & Eating Utensils supplied, well stocked with no need to bring anything
• 4-burner Stove
• Bar Counter
• Separate area off the Kitchen & Great Room
• Seating for 8+
• Electricity via roof-mounted solar panels for lighting, refrigerator, etc.
• Propane for stove/oven and outdoor grills
• Wood stove
• No Phone, bring your cell phone for emergency contact
• Internet is a function of your cellular service but works for us
• No TV reception
• Washer and dryer - no more than one load every other day, please - sunny days only
• Water from the pond is filtered and treated for general washing. Use bottled water for drinking - first case on us.
• Activities Guide
• Basic Soaps
• Bottled Water, first case on us
• Local Restaurant Guide
• Paper Towels & Toilet Paper
• Parking on the property
• Picnic Tables
• Small sandy beach area and natural rock jetty
• Easy access to the pond for kids and older folks
• Canoe with paddles provided
• Outdoor Gas Grills (2)
• Raised, Wood-deck Porch
• Pathway to the pond
• Books for adults and kids, including Maine guides
• CD Player
• Board Games