Quaint San Francisco Getaway
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Parkside house description
Located in a quiet neighborhood close to San Francisco's ocean beach, zoo, golden gate park, and walking distance to Sigmund stern grove. There are three (3) bedrooms and two (2) full baths. A fully equipped eat-in kitchen with dinette, spacious sun-filled living room and additional formal dining room. You will find a 42'' flat screen LCD TV in the living room where you can stretch out on the large sectional sofa. Kick back and relax in the spacious back yard area filled with our local birds and lush greenery. Fresh, clean bedding and linens are provided. On street parking is available, a variety of restaurants and shopping districts within walking distance, as well as excellent public transportation right around the corner, including the l Taraval (light rail street car).
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- The two front-most bedrooms share a large 'Jack & Jill' bathroom (meaning, the bathroom is located in between the two bedrooms and there is an entry door to the bathroom on each side). - Though each bedroom has it's own separate entry door, one can pass through from one bedroom to the other via the bathroom. The third bedroom is in the back of the house with a large window that overlooks the backyard and has more of a 'master' feel to it (though it does not have a private bathroom). It fills with bright sunlight in the morning and has more of an overall feeling of privacy and seclusion from the rest of the house. The Jack and Jill bedrooms are a nice option for parents who want to sleep close to a younger child or children, yet have their own room, or a great option for siblings while the parents have the more private back bedroom. Alternatively, the back bedroom is also a good option for an older child or teenager who wants their space and/or to be located off the adjacent game room....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- As it says in the 'Bedroom Details' section, the two front-most 'Jack & Jill' bedrooms share a large pass-through bathroom between them with a large tub & shower. One can access this bathroom through either one of the Jack & Jill bedrooms, so it is able to be made private if desired. A separate bathroom is found off the hall, between the kitchen and front living area, which is open to the rest of the house and also serves the back bedroom. Both bathroom have been updated with new tile flooring, custom tile tub and shower stall, fixturing and lighting. Both have high ceilings and private windows for great natural lighting. Updated and new surfaces surround you for a fresh and clean feel....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
Technically, there is table space enough to properly seat 10 people. There is one large 'formal' dining room that seats 6, and a smaller dinette set off the kitchen that seats an additional 4 people....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Living Room seats 6:
- This is a beautiful property with lots of charm and character. Whether you're a family looking for some fun in the city, a couple looking for a private get-away, or just a group of friends who want to experience San Francisco's multi-faceted culture and recreation, this location can fulfill all your needs and expectations!...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- Game Room
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- The city of San Francisco has much to offer. From the De Young Museum to Pier 39 and the SF Maritime Museum to Fishermans Warf. There are many things to do ranging from free activities to the most decadent of luxurious experiences. There is an unlimited amount of wonderful restaurants from fine dining to unexpectedly delicious little bistro's and cafe's. An endless multitude of things to experience, to attempt to name a few: Aquarium of the Bay, California Academy of Sciences, Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), Exploratorium, de Young Museum, Alcatraz Island, pier 39, Haight and Ashbury District, Golden Gate Park, Embarcadaro, westfeild metreon, GHIRARDELLI SQUARE, museum le mechanic, just to name a few. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Convenient and easy.
Convenient and easy.
The Parkside getaway was just right for our time at the Hardly, strictly bluegrass festival. We were a group of six adults who were very comfortable with all the amenities we needed. The location was good within short driving access to restaurants and the festival.
- Guest Tom (Auburn, CA)
- Date of stay 10/04/13
- Review Submitted 10/09/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+.
Great for a family vacation
Great for a family vacation
This property was exactly as described with a very nice kitchen, large dining area, and comfortable living room. Being an older home the bathrooms are small but had really nice towels! Beds were comfy. Whenever we had a question the owner replied immediately. The house was close to a bus line that took us right downtown to all the activities you could want. We were close to the airport where one of our family members was staying and also close to our relatives' home in Glen Park which made it easy to pick them up and drop them off. There is also a Safeway nearby. All in all an excellent place for our family reunion. Watch out for parking though, my brother got a parking ticket because of street cleaning day.
- Guest Red (Portland, OR)
- Date of stay 08/17/13
- Review Submitted 10/02/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Great family vacation
Great family vacation
My family of 6 spent 5 days enjoying the sights of San Francisco. The house fit us perfectly and was exceptionally clean and updated. It was easy to both have a vehicle or walk 2 blocks to a streetcar stop. The owners were also responsive to our needs and questions we had. All in all we had a wonderful time and would definitely stay here again!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 07/06/13
- Review Submitted 08/01/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, tourists without a car, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway.
This spacious rental property was perfect for our family of four. The house is exactly as it's shown in the photos. Three bedrooms, two baths, living room, dining room, sitting room, kitchen and a cozy backyard. There's also parking in the driveway (VERY nice - as most other rentals we looked at had street parking). The neighborhood is quiet and safe. It's just a mile or so from the beach. Safeway, Trader Joe's, Walgreens, a shopping mall (Macy's, Sports Authority, etc) and several restaurants are closeby as well. The property owners were wonderful to work with and answered all of our questions before booking. The house was clean, with lots of extra linens and other comforts of home we weren't expecting (shampoo, laundry detergent, WONDERFULLY plush towels, and even condiments so we didn't have to purchase everything we would need to make a meal). The bus is close by (walking distance) but since we had a car, we didn't need it. This would be a great rental property for a family or a couple. FIVE STARS!
- Guest Goin (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/20/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, tourists without a car, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway.
My wife and I spent a week here with the kids while having a small project completed on our house. We were able to enjoy the sunsets and stroll on the beach which was a pleasant surprise. There were plenty of local eats close by so we never ended up using the kitchen beyond basic snacking. Overall we were thrilled to get away from the disruptions at our home and are planning to return this summer when we remodel our livingroom.
- Guest happy homeowner (Pacifica, Ca)
- Date of stay 09/07/12
- Review Submitted 04/11/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, tourists without a car, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Nov 20 - Jan 5
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rate increases may apply during holidays and special events. A two (2) night minimum is required, and three (3) night minimum during holiday periods.
Booking must be completed and payed in full 7 days prior to date of check-in.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$125.00 non-refundable cleaning fee and a $500 refundable security deposit
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco International at 13.3 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Pier 39 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: L Taravel at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 1 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Ocean Beach at 3.3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The 4 Dueces at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Sugar Bowl at 200 Miles
- Nearest Golf: TPC Harding Park at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Multiple at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 1965
About: My husband and I are both San Francisco natives, and have a life long love of this vibrant city. I grew up in this house and though I now live in Reno Nevada it has been meticulously kept up. My husband and I went to School near by and are high school sweethearts. A lot of Love has gone into this house, and we hope your stay in this city is as enjoyful as all the time we spent here as well.
This home was purchased by my father in 1965 to give my mother and I a wonderful home to live and grow up in. It's central location near public transportation less than 2 blocks away makes it very easy to get around the city. As well as shopping, activities and close to Sigmund stern grove was a perfect location to raise a family in a quiet neighborhood.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
From the spacious landscaped backyard to the open, bright front living area, the layout is full of sunshine during the day, yet very comforting and private in the evening. The kitchen and bathrooms have been updated to give the house a historical yet modern feel. Built in 1911, the floor plan retains it's original 'jack and jill' pass-through bathroom and all the charming details of a classic San Francisco historic district.
- Primary: 7752324472 before 9pm pst please
- Secondary: + before 9pm pst please
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front Living Area
Main Living Area
Kitchen into Quaint Dinette
Back Reading and Game Room
Backyard Facing House
Formal Dining Area
View Towards Front of House Via Hallway
Kitchen Facing Backyard and Outer wall
Spacious Backyard and Patio
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 11, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.