Lovely, Large, Private 2 Bedroom Tennis Villa by the Week or Month
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sea Oaks condo description
This roomy, bright and airy two-bedroom, two-bath condo looks spanking new, with fresh paint, new floors and all the conveniences. I am a writer and must keep in touch with clients when I visit, so I've installed lightening-fast broadband with WiFi and a brand new wireless printer/fax/scanner/copier and supplies. There is a new 50-inch LED TV in the living room, and a new 32-inch model in the master bedroom. I provide full HD service, including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, the sports package, On Demand, DVR and DVD and pay-per-view (you pay for that). There's also a Roku box for Netflix (included), Hulu and other Internet TV services.
The chief attraction: the large porch looking into the live oak canopy. Open the three French doors from the living room and the two from the master bedroom, and make the porch part of the living space. There's AC when you need it, and big windows to admit the breeze when you don't. The porch has sliders and screens and a ceiling fan, so it can be used in all weather.
Because this is a second-floor unit, no one will be walking overhead or glancing in your windows, and the spacious living room seems even larger with the vaulted ceiling.
The condo is very quiet and private, and I begin my day with coffee on the porch as I read the New York Times and Wall Street Journal on my laptop. The porch furniture is brand new and very comfortable. Two of the four chairs recline. Pull up the ottoman and lie down to read or snooze!
The kitchen is fully equipped for preparing even the fanciest multi-course meal, and the bright and spacious dining room has comfortable seating for eight.
The beach is a five to seven-minute walk, and the tennis courts are even closer. Parking is right out front. Washer and drier are in the unit. The bedrooms are at opposite ends of the unit, for lots of privacy. With the windows open you can sleep to the sound of the surf.
The airports at Orlando and West Palm Beach are both about 90 miles away, putting Vero Beach off the beaten track for tourists. The drive to either airport is relatively quick and easy, almost all on I-95 and other limited-access highways. It's a painless trip, not at all like driving 90 miles in the northeast.
Come on down! You'll love it!
- On floor 2
- 1300 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 4:
- Clothes Dryer:
Satellite / Cable:
AT&T U-verse cable service. HD service and premium channels like HBO, Cinemax and Showtime provided, along with the sports package, On Demand and Roku Internet TV service. Netflix provided....moreless
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Pier Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Surf Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- The lovely Sea Oaks community stretches across the barrier island from the beach to the Indian River. Sea Oaks is a top-rated tennis community, with 16 lovely Har-Tru courts nestled among the live oaks and palm trees. (Courts are swept by the staff, not the players, and each court with a water fountain and shaded table and chairs.) Court time is included in your temporary club membership, and you'll pay extra only if you take lessons or join a drill run by a pro. The pro shop will help you find players, and there are numerous groups with contract time that are always looking for new members and substitutes. Hang around the verandah and you are sure to pick up a match in no time. There is food and Wi-Fi there, too! The fitness center adjoins the tennis center and has the most up-to-date workout equipment. Sea Oaks and the Vero Beach area are popular with winter 'snowbirds,' but not so much with tourists. That makes it very serene. Residents complain about traffic if there are three cars at a light! You'll never find wall-to-wall bodies on the beaches like in the Outer Banks or Jersey Shore -- not in winter or summer. There are some top-quality attractions, like Cape Kennedy and the theme parks at Orlando, both less than two hours away. But the real reasons to visit Sea Oaks are tennis, beach-going, walking, running and biking -- or just soaking up the peace and quiet with a good book by the pool or under the live oaks. Some describe it as a Caribbean island with all the conveniences and amenities of the U.S. There are numerous, affordable golf courses in the area, as well as bike trails and nature walks. Anglers swear by the Indian River, and there's easy access via the parks on the Route 510 causeway to the mainland, about five minutes away. Culture buffs find live theater and movies in Vero Beach, about eight miles down the road. Foodies have their pick of high-end restaurants in Vero, the full range of fast-food spots and everything in between. At Sea Oaks, excellent food is served by the pool overlooking the beach, in the formal restaurant in the clubhouse by the pool, and on the veranda at the tennis center. A good supermarket is about 10 minutes away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fantastic experience with Sea Oaks Tennis Villa
Fantastic experience with Sea Oaks Tennis Villa
In our most recent visit to Vero Beach, we had a wonderful experience in Sea Oaks. The owner pays special attention to unit details and the decor/technology was very up-to-date. We especially appreciated the fast wi-fi network and Roku! The unit is spacious and was perfect for our needs...the screened-in porch was large enough to accommodate some of our friends for breakfast, and the kitchen was completely stocked for cooking meals in. Even more, the owner is fantastic to work with...the attention to detail to ensure you have a relaxing stay is impeccable! The Sea Oaks community is beautiful and perfect for morning runs along the jungle trail, and fishing in the harbor. The best part is that you have many ammenities available close-by, and have easy access to the beach. We will definitely look to rent this unit on our annual trip to Vero!
- Guest Vero2013 (Lexington, Kentucky)
- Date of stay 02/07/13
- Review Submitted 02/26/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
|Spring, Summer and Fall
May 1 - Nov 30
7 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $157 Nightly
|Peak Winter Season
Dec 1 - Apr 30
7 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $237 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
11% State Tax on Rent
Renter Application Fee: $75
Mandatory Temporary Beach and Tennis Club Membership: $120 per week
Cleaning Fee: $75
Refundable Security Deposit: $500
- Tax Rate 11%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Orlando International Airport at 95 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: A1A at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Sea Oaks Beach at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I am a writer -- a refugee from the newspaper business. My wife and son and I live in Yardley, PA, a Philadelphia suburb. After our son starts college in the fall, we hope to spend as much time at Sea Oaks as we can.
Why the Owner Chose Sea Oaks:
We are all avid tennis players, and we searched high and low for a vacation community that offered high-quality tennis rather than a couple of courts tucked into an odd corner. We like the beach and prefer it quiet, not paved with oily bodies and commotion. There are no high-rise buildings in Vero, and the area is a bit out of the way. If you've vacationed at the Outer Banks, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head or outside Charleston, you'll find this completely different. Sea Oaks is what a beach community ought to be.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Tennis, beauty and serenity. Sea Oaks has an Old Florida feel but with all the modern amenities. The developers kept the property as natural as possible, with lots of live oaks and palms, and shortcuts through the woods via lovely pathways with old-fashioned streetlights. The big pool and hot tub overlooking the beach are especially appealing, and there's a smaller pool and hot tub a two-minute walk from the unit.
- Primary: 215-595-6624
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Unit 708 is the upper floor. The overhang is a bright, airy dining room.
The porch with sliders to let in the breeze and our keep out the heat or cold.
50-inch LED TV with HD cable.
Plenty of room to stretch out on the reclining chairs and ottomans.
Brand new granite countertops, dish washer and disposal.
The dining room.
French doors from master bedroom to the porch.
Second bedroom with full bath next door
The tennis center. Pro shop and lunch counter on the ground floor -- Wi-Fi too!
Some courts seen from the verandah over the pro shop.
The clubhouse at the beach. Restaurants on the first and second floors.
The main pool by the clubhouse. There's another pool and hot tub by the condo.
Living room with the French doors open to the big porch.
Eat on the porch looking out at the live oaks.
Kitchen area at the end of the living room. Dining room is at the left.
Stove, microwave, refrigerator with ice maker.
The master bedroom.
Master bath with granite counters, shower and tub.
Pool by the condo. Hot tub to the right.
16 Har-Tru counts, swept by the staff.
The fitness center.
Other side of the clubhouse, with heated pool overlooking the beach.
The beach seen from the pool. Soft, clean sand and no crowds. Swim year round.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, July 19, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!